Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ starting to play like AJ
AJ Green may only be useful on slants routs going forward.... but that isn't a bad thing Higgins has been balling
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good game today... a great game compared to the rest of this season. Finally getting his legs under him.

Are you serious?  He had a backup single covering him and got ZERO separation.  He also dropped several balls.  $18 million?  Laughable.  He's gone next year.  Not in the plans.  I just hope the coaches go too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some of the rust is definitely coming off. The question is how much more he will continue to improve. That sideline toetapper looked like old AJ for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Are you serious?  He had a backup single covering him and got ZERO separation.  He also dropped several balls.  $18 million?  Laughable.  He's gone next year.  Not in the plans.  I just hope the coaches go too. 

96 yards is a big improvement on what he has been doing.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Are you serious?  He had a backup single covering him and got ZERO separation.  He also dropped several balls.  $18 million?  Laughable.  He's gone next year.  Not in the plans.  I just hope the coaches go too. 

Not one thing you typed disputed the post you quoted
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Honestly it seemed like his head was more in the game. Seeing him slam his helmet after we lost made me feel better too. It shows he still cares...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:48 PM)QueenCity Wrote: AJ Green may only be useful on slants routs going forward.... but that isn't a bad thing Higgins has been balling

Hey, he had his guy beat on that deep rout. Just gotta catch it next time.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The downers will jump all over this and bring up the deep ball that he and Burrow couldn’t complete. AJ looked good today against a good corner. Good to see him back. That catch on the sideline was vintage AJ.

With the money he’s making way shouldn’t he catch flack for the lack of effort on that play?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 96 yards is a big improvement on what he has been doing.

True, but he is still the third best WR on the team right now, and we aren't seeing Auden Tate get many chances.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one thing you typed disputed the post you quoted

Ok, he got 96 yards with three drops against a backup.  Those will be INTs against a quality CB.  Hope he continues to improve, but his play AND his antics are making it hard to see many positives from him.  Borderline HOF player acting like a big baby.  Grow up and man up. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can’t remember the last time I saw that many drops in one game.

All you had to do was wait for MNF, the Cowgirls trumped even us...lol.

It was definitely good to see AJ involved often and early. As was noted earlier, he might need to be used more like Boyd moving forward. Slants, quick hitters, up the seam....but if he can at least produce 75% of what he used to do, it'll help the rest of the way.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote