Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ still in boot, Glenn still in protocol

Reply/Quote
So we are looking at 3-4 weeks at a minimum for AJ Green.

Glenn can be off of protocol later this week and still start on Sunday. Wonder if Zac subscribes to the doesn't practice doesn't play philosophy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 01:42 PM)pally Wrote: So we are looking at 3-4 weeks at a minimum for AJ Green.  

Glenn can be off of protocol later this week and still start on Sunday.  Wonder if Zac subscribes to the doesn't practice doesn't play philosophy

It is a concern Glenn is still in protocol.  

He must have issues or he could at least be working on the side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a concern Glenn is still in protocol.  

He must have issues or he could at least be working on the side.

He's not at practice today.
Reply/Quote
Good news, like Andre at LT better than Glenn anyways.

Sounds like AJ is closer than I thought. Rock On
Reply/Quote
So if Glenn doesn't play and Andre needs a breather. Does MJ slide out to LT and Price plug in at LG? I hope to hell we don't put Jerry out there because we have seen how ugly that is.
Reply/Quote
Turner just walked in with the new shirt slogan on it!

[Image: th?id=OIP.HkP-AMNYjYL8f9Knv_CeFgHaE8&pid...=248&h=167]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I do not like the odds that Glenn will play 16 games this year. Glenn (only age 29) has missed 17 games over the past 3 years due to ailments. Andre Smith has his own injury history and is not an ideal LT. Smith has missed 20 games over the last 4 years.

I think the Bengals will have to use TE Sample on left side and this will force Dalton to move to his right.

Losing J. Williams really hurts and Jerry is not the answer. This could get ugly for the offense.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So if Glenn doesn't play and Andre needs a breather. Does MJ slide out to LT and Price plug in at LG? I hope to hell we don't put Jerry out there because we have seen how ugly that is.

(09-02-2019, 03:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not like the odds that Glenn will play 16 games this year.  Glenn (only age 29) has missed 17 games over the past 3 years due to ailments.   Andre Smith has his own injury history and is not an ideal LT.  Smith has missed 20 games over the last 4 years.  

I think the Bengals will have to use TE Sample on left side and this will force Dalton to move to his right.  

Losing J. Williams really hurts and Jerry is not the answer. This could get ugly for the offense.

They cut Jerry and Andre i believe is a better all around LT than Cordy.

Dugas played pretty well this Preseason...

Had one play where he wasn't ready and gave up a sack but that was one play.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They cut Jerry and Andre i believe is a better all around LT than Cordy.

Jerry is back...   Nervous

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Jerry is back...   Nervous

Eh, keep him at Guard then.

Hoping Ross can finally get out there and show what he has.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They cut Jerry and Andre i believe is a better all around LT than Cordy.

Plus the new pass game will fit well with Dalton's quick release. The line shouldn't have to block for 3+ seconds much at all. 

And...regardless of who was out there this PS, everyone seemed to do a pretty good job in pass pro. I'll expect the same once real bullets fly and go from there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Jerry is back...   Nervous

I was wondering if Willis was going to grab #15 when it became available.

Also, saw where Jonah said he is shooting for a December return...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 05:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Plus the new pass game will fit well with Dalton's quick release. The line shouldn't have to block for 3+ seconds much at all. 

And...regardless of who was out there this PS, everyone seemed to do a pretty good job in pass pro. I'll expect the same once real bullets fly and go from there. 

Yes, not as concerned about the O-line as some. They have improved from last year.

Once the playcalling is unpredictable we should run the ball much better.

Plus it is Joe Mixon back there.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 05:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was wondering if Willis was going to grab #15 when it became available.

Also, saw where Jonah said he is shooting for a December return...

Jonah has been stating December as return date for a while.  Seems optimistic, I just hope he is 100% and he still has to get in football shape.  I would just sit out for the year if I were him but he is a gamer.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 07:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Jonah has been stating December as return date for a while.  Seems optimistic, I just hope he is 100% and he still has to get in football shape.  I would just sit out for the year if I were him but he is a gamer.  

Yep. He's going to want to come back sooner rather than later but it should be up to the docs and staff to determine if it would be best to wait till next year.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 07:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Jonah has been stating December as return date for a while.  Seems optimistic, I just hope he is 100% and he still has to get in football shape.  I would just sit out for the year if I were him but he is a gamer.  

Strength will be the big issue. I'd image he benches 400+ pounds. When he gets in the weight room after this surgery...he'll be struggling to do 225 probably. We'll see how quick he recovers.
Reply/Quote
AJ said he would provide an update next week. I hoping that it will mean he will be out of the boot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

They probably just want him to practice or it could depend if we are contending or not. Having him back for a playoff push could be huge.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 08:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They probably just want him to practice or it could depend if we are contending or not. Having him back for a playoff push could be huge.

They  PUP'd him, right?  That says there must be some belief that he has a legit chance of playing this year and it stands to reason that belief is at least in part based on a medical evaluation.  Do you give up a roster spot for six weeks or more based on just hope?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote