Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ still makes catches only a small % of NFL WRs can make
I know we’ve all been disappointed at the fact that it seems his explosive burst is gone but the WR Iv seen these 3 games still has HANDS. And idc what you do, if you have HANDS you last on NFL teams. If he continues to lack in the stats dept i think he will resign on a good deal. Mike Brown has. History of going to bat for guys he likes and it’s obvious he likes AJ. I wouldn’t be mad with a 2 year 12 million dollar extension where about 8 is guaranteed. It’s not like the money is going anywhere else. No one is really up for a big deal next offseason except Carl Lawson if i remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:53 PM)Housh Wrote: I know we’ve all been disappointed at the fact that it seems his explosive burst is gone but the WR Iv seen these 3 games still has HANDS. And idc what you do, if you have HANDS you last on NFL teams. If he continues to lack in the stats dept i think he will resign on a good deal. Mike Brown has. History of going to bat for guys he likes and it’s obvious he likes AJ. I wouldn’t be mad with a 2 year 12 million dollar extension where about 8 is guaranteed. It’s not like the money is going anywhere else. No one is really up for a big deal next offseason except Carl Lawson if i remember correctly.

WJ3 also needs a new contract.

12 mil is way too much for this version of AJ. We’re already overpaying Mixon for virtually no production, we can’t overpay a WR as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 also needs a new contract.

12 mil is way too much for this version of AJ. We’re already overpaying Mixon for virtually no production, we can’t overpay a WR as well.

Being brutally honest, current AJ isn't $5 mil a year better than Tate and I don't see him resigning for that cheap.  He might bolt to a contender to try and get a ring for that, but nothing he has shown during his tenure suggests he will give the Bengals any kind of a discount.

The issue is that Green, Ross, Erickson, and Thomas are all FA's next year, which is a huge blow to our WR depth.  They will likely resign one of these guys, and it may be AJ just because of name recognition.  This is a big reason why I'm aggravated that they didn't double dip in one of the deepest WR drafts in history this year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:53 PM)Housh Wrote: I know we’ve all been disappointed at the fact that it seems his explosive burst is gone but the WR Iv seen these 3 games still has HANDS. And idc what you do, if you have HANDS you last on NFL teams. If he continues to lack in the stats dept i think he will resign on a good deal. Mike Brown has. History of going to bat for guys he likes and it’s obvious he likes AJ. I wouldn’t be mad with a 2 year 12 million dollar extension where about 8 is guaranteed. It’s not like the money is going anywhere else. No one is really up for a big deal next offseason except Carl Lawson if i remember correctly.

Joe Burrow aside having AJ back was the thing i was most looking forward to this year.

I really , really want to believe its just 'knocking off the rust' so far,  but right now he is proving the FO right for drafting Tee Higgins and no long term deal.
Reply/Quote
He has been doubled quite a bit for someone that has lost it. With that said right now it feels like he has lost a half step but with the injury he suffered it may take time to get that half step back. Even with the lost half step he is still a top 25 receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He has been doubled quite a bit for someone that has lost it. With that said right now it feels like he has lost a half step but with the injury he suffered it may take time to get that half step back. Even with the lost half step he is still a top 25 receiver.

This^

I’d do the OP’s deal in a heartbeat, but think he’ll get more than that. As long as AJ is drawing double teams and has hands like you said, he’s worth $6/yr easy. I don’t know if he has truly lost a step or if he’s still coming back from his injury/time off, either way he makes the offense better just by being out there. That’s worth $6 mil/yr. $6 mil isn’t even WR2 money
Reply/Quote