Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJM
(09-25-2017, 03:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I seriously want to know why people think McCarron is going to be this amazing QB. I'm at a loss cuz I've really never seen much out of him.

He does possess some intangibles that makes him intriguing.....a physical specimen he is not, and he struggled in the 2nd half of the Denver game....but ya never know if he gets some time to play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: He does possess some intangibles that makes him intriguing.....a physical specimen he is not, and he struggled in the 2nd half of the Denver game....but ya never know if he gets some time to play.

Wasn't that his first game starting?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
No, which is why not trading McCarron for a 2nd round pick would get a real GM fired. We aren't playing the guy unless Dalton is injured.
Reply/Quote
McCarron does not throw a better long ball than Dalton. People need to wake up, open theirs eyes, watch a game, quit reading the media articles or something. Dalton is one of the better deep ball QBs in the league. The numbers prove it. His yards per attempt, throws over 20, throws over 40, all of that. The numbers prove Dalton is so much better at the long ball than anyone gives him credit for.

I have no idea how or why people still buy into the garbage that Dalton can't throw the long ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:46 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: McCarron does not throw a better long ball than Dalton. People need to wake up, open theirs eyes, watch a game, quit reading the media articles or something. Dalton is one of the better deep ball QBs in the league. The numbers prove it. His yards per attempt, throws over 20, throws over 40, all of that. The numbers prove Dalton is so much better at the long ball than anyone gives him credit for.

I have no idea how or why people still buy into the garbage that Dalton can't throw the long ball.

There are people who STILL claim Dalton has a weak "noodle" arm. It's usually how you can tell the football illiterates apart. Once you see them make those kind of claims, you know their opinion is not even worth the paper it's printed on (hint: it's not even printed onto papter).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.  I think he made some strides in his first game.  This team was utter shit under a guy who had no business calling plays in the NFL. I even read there were rumblings within the organization about KZ as OC at the end of LAST YEAR.  So why did you let him start 2017?

We all know what Dalton is....but you have to admit, he looked good at the end of Gruden's tenure, and even better under Hue.  He even played well at the start of 2016.  I think two things have deep sixed him.  One, imagine what your internal clock would be like if, in the back of your mind every play, you had #70 "protecting" your blind side.  Two, KZ did the o line and Dalton absolutely zero favors in his inability to call a game, get the offense into a rhythm, and to establish an identity. Lazor came out running slants, crossing routes, worked the seam, and got the run game going a little bit.  That's a step in the right direction. More boots, waggles, rubs, bubble screens, shovels, slants, etc., and we'll see if he can scheme a little bit against our weaknesses.  It's not going to be pretty, but at least it might be competitive.  I liked his playcalling A LOT better than Zamp's and it was only his first game.  He made some questionable decisions here and there, but overall it was a drastic improvement.

If he continues to improve, and Dalton continues to slide, then lets see what Lazor can do with 5.

Agree, spot on

It's just mind blowing that it has come to this. Like you say it was painfully obvious KZ didn't have it last year ! Yet we rode into this season standing pat. And how in the hell did an NFL level staff and owner think it was ok to go into this season with this O-line and no back up plan ?

Anyways, give Dalton a chance with Lazor for a couple more games. Hell I hope we lose out anyways ! Whatever it takes to get Marvin and this staff dismissed.
Reply/Quote
If we win do we focus on the 6 throws Dalton missed? If GB loses do they focus on the 14 Rogers missed?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Should the Bengals make a change of quarterback and go with AJ McCarron the rest of the season?

YES,YES,YES,ALL the dude can do at worse is keep losing.and I say A.J.McCARRON make adjustements at the line and Dalton does not,and if the line messes up he gets in their ass.dalton just looks away.do you think big ben would do that?I want Dalton traded to the brownies,for a 1st and a third round in the 2018 draft and HUE WOULD jump at getting Dalton.we keep the Alabama rat with his smoking hot women and lets roll soldiers. sit Dalton thead is starting right here and right now.put someone else in bodines place.make marvin the parvin the center for a few snaps.maybe he would retire.please marvin fire yourself,you are a huge embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wasn't that his first game starting?

I can't remember, I thought his first game was SF, or maybe Balt.  He played well in the 1st half in Denver, then did nothing in the 2nd half and fumbled away our 1st round bye.  Bengals doing Bengals things.....

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: He does possess some intangibles that makes him intriguing.....a physical specimen he is not, and he struggled in the 2nd half of the Denver game....but ya never know if he gets some time to play.

When I look at McCarron I see McCoy, Keenum, or Barkley. Can they come in and win yes do you want them their every week no...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: When I look at McCarron I see McCoy, Keenum, or Barkley. Can they come in and win yes do you want them their every week no...

Fair assessment, although I think Keenum is a better passer.....and I think AJ is better than McCoy.

Reply/Quote
Its going to be interesting to see how the offense plays next week when teams have tape on how we run it under Lazer. I have a feeling all of those wide open swing passes out of the backfield arent going to work nearly as well...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I say A.J.McCARRON make adjustements at the line and Dalton does not,and if the line messes up he gets in their ass.dalton just looks away.

Just because you say it, doesn't make it the truth.

(09-25-2017, 04:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I want Dalton traded to the brownies,for a 1st and a third round in the 2018 draft and HUE WOULD jump at getting Dalton.

You think Dalton is bad so we should trade him and Hue, a professional coach in the NFL would "jump" at the chance of getting Dalton thinks he's good. Whose opinion should we believe? Hmmmm. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its going to be interesting to see how the offense plays next week when teams have tape on how we run it under Lazer. I have a feeling all of those wide open swing passes out of the backfield arent going to work nearly as well...

A good OC changes his offense up from week-to-week. We'll see if Lazor is a good one or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: A good OC changes his offense up from week-to-week. We'll see if Lazor is a good one or not.

Took the words right off of my keyboard.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fair assessment, although I think Keenum is a better passer.....and I think AJ is better than McCoy.

It all strikes me like the Matt Flynn situation. Lol some Green Bay fans wanted to trade Rodgers and keep Flynn. It's like ugh people seriously...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:51 PM)Synric Wrote: It all strikes me like the Matt Flynn situation. Lol some Green Bay fans wanted to trade Rodgers and keep Flynn. It's like ugh people seriously...

LMAO....yeah, I bet the Hawks wish he had stayed and they got Rodgers!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: THE DEFENSE WON the only Playoff game in 20+ years AJM and the offense did next to nothing. and couldn't even run the clock out...

Yeah for real. Until AJ caught that td pass at the end to take he lead AJM didn't do shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Should the Bengals make a change of quarterback and go with AJ McCarron the rest of the season?

I ride with Dalton, if he lives that long, until Driskel is back.  A guy running for his life should be a good runner.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:51 PM)Synric Wrote: It all strikes me like the Matt Flynn situation. Lol some Green Bay fans wanted to trade Rodgers and keep Flynn. It's like ugh people seriously...

Andy Dalton is not A.A.Ron Rodgers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote