Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMAZING Burrow Quote!
Burrow was asked how he's handling things now that we're 0-3 in the division and 4-4 overall and, like always, Joe played it cool and handled himself very well, saying how there's so many ups-and-downs in the league and you just have to keep playing hard.

That's especially true after we kept at it last year, got hot at the right time, and made a Super Bowl run.

Quote:“As you play more football and you have more experience under your belt, you learn how to handle it,” Burrow said, according to Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic. “Just like last week we were the best offense in the league and now all of a sudden we stink and everyone thinks we’re gonna miss the playoffs and we’re gonna lose all these games. It’s such a roller coaster each week and I think part of being quarterback is staying even-keeled throughout the season, throughout games, because everything is so up and down and you kinda need that voice and that level-headed mindset on the team and that’s part of your job as quarterback.”

Joe's obviously trying to improve every week and win every game, and obviously hoping for some luck, like last year, to make a Super Bowl run.

I also love how he doesn't get too high or low and just stays focused on the current game.

There's more in the article and it mentions how our injury luck is worse than last year.

Burrow's the quarterback that we need to make another big run!

[Image: tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 11:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's more in the article and it mentions how our injury luck is worse than last year.

Chase missing last week was the first game missed by any starter on the offense not named Drew Sample (who is technically a starter as he got the start over Boyd, but played less than 30% of the snaps in Week 1).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like that Burrow is calm and collected with his response and approach as a pro-NFL QB. The roller coaster statement is, unfortunately, just another way of expressing that this team is inconsistent from week to week and, as the record reflects, an average squad.

I'll reinforce though that I applaud Burrow for his approach. If he reacted like I do, as a fan, I'd be disappointed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Uh oh, I hope he isn't going to go all Joey "Blue Skies" Harrington on us.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 12:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like that Burrow is calm and collected with his response and approach as a pro-NFL QB. The roller coaster statement is, unfortunately, just another way of expressing that this team is inconsistent from week to week and, as the record reflects, an average squad.

I'll reinforce though that I applaud Burrow for his approach. If he reacted like I do, as a fan, I'd be disappointed.

Yes. Not time to panic, but they do need urgency...as IF they lose to either Carolina OR Pittsburgh...it's going to be a tough road to make the playoffs with the Bills and Chiefs on the schedule.
Reply/Quote
I just hope Burrow is truly just blowing off the noise and not listening to it. It would be a shame for him to go somewhere else just to get away from fans who are never happy.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 02:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just hope Burrow is truly just blowing off the noise and not listening to it. It would be a shame for him to go somewhere else just to get away from fans who are never happy.

Find me a fan base that would be happy about how this season has gone and how the Browns game went, after coming off a superbowl. 

I would really like you to go to every teams forum and find me all the posts where people are super positive and jumping for joy after blowout losses. 

Unlike some, I don't think Joe is dumb enough to think it's only our franchise that gets upset after a loss. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chase missing last week was the first game missed by any starter on the offense not named Drew Sample (who is technically a starter as he got the start over Boyd, but played less than 30% of the snaps in Week 1).

Off the top of my head, I believe Higgins missed the Ravens Game 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That is a nice quote. Calms everyone down with how even keeled he truly is. Yes, he is my QB, proud of it.

Love Joe Burrow, he needs to have a great game Sunday. We need a win going into the bye and we need our
guys to get healthy in DJ and Chase and we need the young Corners to step up with Awuzie out and Eli banged
up. We also need to get our LT and RB positions fixed. A lot on the coaches table right now.

Luckily, we have Joe Burrow to keep everybody in the right mindset. He helps in so many ways as a leader even
more than his talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 11:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow was asked how he's handling things now that we're 0-3 in the division and 4-4 overall and, like always, Joe played it cool and handled himself very well, saying how there's so many ups-and-downs in the league and you just have to keep playing hard.

That's especially true after we kept at it last year, got hot at the right time, and made a Super Bowl run.

Joe's obviously trying to improve every week and win every game, and obviously hoping for some luck, like last year, to make a Super Bowl run.

I also love how he doesn't get too high or low and just stays focused on the current game.

There's more in the article and it mentions how our injury luck is worse than last year.

Burrow's the quarterback that we need to make another big run!

[Image: tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif]

Last year's team was win 2, lose 2 until the end of the year. When we won 3[Denver, Ravens, KC], lost 1[Browns], won 3[Playoffs], lost 1[Superbowl]. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 02:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: Find me a fan base that would be happy about how this season has gone and how the Browns game went, after coming off a superbowl. 

I would really like you to go to every teams forum and find me all the posts where people are super positive and jumping for joy after blowout losses. 

Unlike some, I don't think Joe is dumb enough to think it's only our franchise that gets upset after a loss. 

4 and 4, one game out of the lead for the Division title, and people here act like the season is done. No one is every happy after a loss, but I've seen a lot of sports fanbases and I've never seen a bunch just totally give up at the first sign of adversity as I have in Cincy. "Coming off a Super Bowl" is the part of your response people should be paying attention to. Let's look at the playoff teams from last year and where they are at.....
AFC
Bills 6-2                   
KC  5-2
Titans 5-2
Bengals 4-4
Patriots 4-4
Raiders 2-5
Pissburgh 2-6

NFC
Eagles 8-0
Cowboys 6-2
9ers 4-4
Rams 3-4
Cardinals 3-5
Tampa Bay 3-5

Looks to me like we are still right in the thick of it with all but a couple of teams.

It would be really nice to make the Super Bowl every year, but that just really does not happen very often. Certain teams luck into getting their Top Tier Franchise Quarterback at a time when most other teams are struggling to find one, and that particular team will have great success, ala Tom Brady in NE, the rapist in Pissburgh, etc. while the rest of the divisions and conference struggle. Our misfortune is we found our Franchise Top Tier QB right smack dab in the middle of an AFC Quarterback arms race with just about every good QB coming into the conference and into our Division. The NFC will be a cakewalk for Philly this year because there is hardly anyone left there that's any good.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 03:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Off the top of my head, I believe Higgins missed the Ravens Game 

Higgins got the start in the game, played only a little, didn't show up on the statsheet.

-Burrow, Mixon, Higgins, Hurst, Williams, Volson, Karras, Cappa,and Collins have started 8/8 games.
-Chase has started 7/8 games.
-Boyd has started 6/8 games, but was healthy and played 80%+ of the snaps in the 2 he didn't "start".

The offense has been outstandingly healthy this year. Just disappointing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:23 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Last year's team was win 2, lose 2 until the end of the year. When we won 3[Denver, Ravens, KC], lost 1[Browns], won 3[Playoffs], lost 1[Superbowl]. 

So we lose on Sunday, win our next 2 after the bye is what you are sayin'...Cheers
Reply/Quote
My (unpopular?) opinions:
Burrow may not be panicking but he needs to play better. He looked lost without Chase and it was disappointing to watch him (for the half that I did watch) on Monday. He’s been good for the Bengals but if he wants that break the bank $ then he needs to step up when Chase is not out there. There’s a lot of Burrow fan boying going on these days that I can’t get on board with. Hell he’s never shown he can be great without Chase, has he?

I think this team should have been sellers at the deadline. Last year they had a lot of luck with avoiding injuries and played an easier schedule. This year is different and sadly the offensive tackles are just as bad if not worse than last year due largely to Jonah’s regression.
I know the season is only half over but I think that this is not their year and if anything should have looked trade for draft picks at the deadline.
I really hope that they make me eat these words by the end of the season but that’s not going to happen.
Reply/Quote
Seems like Pally posted this video a couple days ago of Joe saying this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sorry it was Holic who posted it, just bumped the thread if anybody wants to see the video

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 4 and 4, one game out of the lead for the Division title, and people here act like the season is done. No one is every happy after a loss, but I've seen a lot of sports fanbases and I've never seen a bunch just totally give up at the first sign of adversity as I have in Cincy. "Coming off a Super Bowl" is the part of your response people should be paying attention to. Let's look at the playoff teams from last year and where they are at.....
AFC
Bills 6-2                   
KC  5-2
Titans 5-2
Bengals 4-4
Patriots 4-4
Raiders 2-5
Pissburgh 2-6

NFC
Eagles 8-0
Cowboys 6-2
9ers 4-4
Rams 3-4
Cardinals 3-5
Tampa Bay 3-5

Looks to me like we are still right in the thick of it with all but a couple of teams.

It would be really nice to make the Super Bowl every year, but that just really does not happen very often. Certain teams luck into getting their Top Tier Franchise Quarterback at a time when most other teams are struggling to find one, and that particular team will have great success, ala Tom Brady in NE, the rapist in Pissburgh, etc. while the rest of the divisions and conference struggle. Our misfortune is we found our Franchise Top Tier QB right smack dab in the middle of an AFC Quarterback arms race with just about every good QB coming into the conference and into our Division. The NFC will be a cakewalk for Philly this year because there is hardly anyone left there that's any good.

I would say there's probably not a fanbase that exists which has had 2 teams as unsuccessful as ours have been for the past 30 years. 

That said, I would guess the percentage of people that jump off the ship after loses probably isn't that much more than most other teams in the country. There's a lot of people here who support the team after big loses and are very level headed or even blindly optimistic. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 01:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Not time to panic, but they do need urgency...as IF they lose to either Carolina OR Pittsburgh...it's going to be a tough road to make the playoffs with the Bills and Chiefs on the schedule.

I think it is a time to panic 'a little'... we just got blown out by a team who might struggle for a winning record this year. And while we haven't generally been that awful, we haven't really been that good in many games this year.

But I agree with the sentiment that it isn't time for full blown panic, and like you say the team need to play with an urgency that their season is on the line every week. As quite frankly, it probably is now.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 04:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 4 and 4, one game out of the lead for the Division title, and people here act like the season is done. No one is every happy after a loss, but I've seen a lot of sports fanbases and I've never seen a bunch just totally give up at the first sign of adversity as I have in Cincy. "Coming off a Super Bowl" is the part of your response people should be paying attention to. Let's look at the playoff teams from last year and where they are at.....
AFC
Bills 6-2                   
KC  5-2
Titans 5-2
Bengals 4-4
Patriots 4-4
Raiders 2-5
Pissburgh 2-6

NFC
Eagles 8-0
Cowboys 6-2
9ers 4-4
Rams 3-4
Cardinals 3-5
Tampa Bay 3-5

When we win this Sunday, we will have the same record as last year at this time of the season......
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So we lose on Sunday, win our next 2 after the bye is what you are sayin'...Cheers

Yes. Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote