Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER Stem Cell Treatment Update
I kept saying that we were supposed to hear back about when they set-up the stem cell evaluation any day now, and we got a call today that their offices had been closed because of the hurricane, so that's why we hadn't heard from them.

She said that we'll hear back from them in the next two weeks when they find doctors nearby for the evaluation AND physical, which they hadn't said anything about a physical before today, but it's another thing that's giving me hope because (I assume) they just want to make sure that I'm in good enough shape to be able to take advantage of the improvement that the stem cells allow by brain to give my body and to make sure that I'm not hopped up on heroin or anything.

Getting down to crunch time, so PLEASE keep the prayers coming!
Reply/Quote
Prayers delivered.
Assume nothing-this is a new and unique experience for you.
Thanks for the update and keep em coming, you have a lot of support on this board Brad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Praying.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 04:08 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Prayers delivered.
Assume nothing-this is a new and unique experience for you.
Thanks for the update and keep em coming, you have a lot of support on this board Brad.

(09-21-2017, 08:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Praying.

THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!

I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out more!
Reply/Quote
Praying for you buddy.
Reply/Quote
Still in my prayers Brad.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 12:41 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Praying for you buddy.

(09-23-2017, 09:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Still in my prayers Brad.

I appreciate it very much.

It's still so unreal that it's beyond comprehension. I've been emotional and thought about everything it could do, but even I can't fully grasp it yet.

There's also still the chance that I'm not even selected or it doesn't work, but I have faith.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 02:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I appreciate it very much.

It's still so unreal that it's beyond comprehension. I've been emotional and thought about everything it could do, but even I can't fully grasp it yet.

There's also still the chance that I'm not even selected or it doesn't work, but I have faith.

Let me tell you why I want this so much for you. Dude, you've been dealt a bad hand. I know a wrong choice may have contributed, but your a good fellow. You have reached out to kids and did the best with what you had to prevent others from being in your seat. Sometimes, on the old board, you had pissed some people off because you brought up your crippleness often. I guess to me, that's ok. Why? We are a brotherhood of some sorts and I come from the same fiber as most do and maybe some don't recognize. When you write, you heal. 

I know there are many times in life I wanted to walk into the center of a cornfield and yell at the heavens, "WTF do you want from me?" You deserve the best Brad. I pray God delivers you that blessing of walking again and feeling a bit of normalcy with your peers. I know when it happens for you, you will not forget where you've been and you will continue to deliver the message that many kids need to hear.Never give up on that mission. I can almost bet you that your message on stage at a high school is the reason someone did not get into a car, or did not drive or whatever could be worse. You're a good fellow and I will continue to pray for you until your running the sidelines in a flag football league. However, when you get there, I need an autograph!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Let me tell you why I want this so much for you. Dude, you've been dealt a bad hand. I know a wrong choice may have contributed, but your a good fellow. You have reached out to kids and did the best with what you had to prevent others from being in your seat. Sometimes, on the old board, you had pissed some people off because you brought up your crippleness often. I guess to me, that's ok. Why? We are a brotherhood of some sorts and I come from the same fiber as most do and maybe some don't recognize. When you write, you heal. 

I know there are many times in life I wanted to walk into the center of a cornfield and yell at the heavens, "WTF do you want from me?" You deserve the best Brad. I pray God delivers you that blessing of walking again and feeling a bit of normalcy with your peers. I know when it happens for you, you will not forget where you've been and you will continue to deliver the message that many kids need to hear.Never give up on that mission. I can almost bet you that your message on stage at a high school is the reason someone did not get into a car, or did not drive or whatever could be worse. You're a good fellow and I will continue to pray for you until your running the sidelines in a flag football league. However, when you get there, I need an autograph!

Thanks brother.  It means a lot.

I know it used to bother some people when I'd bring it up but it was just because it's my life and how I live.  Some people saw it as "look at me," but it was more of just me laughing at life and loving how I am.

Everyone faces their own struggles and I have no clue if I could live your life or anyone else's because I don't know what it would be like or if I could handle it, even if you think that it's not that hard.  Everybody has their own struggles.

Kids have told me I've stopped them from doing stupid things or just changed their outlook on life and some have even told me I stopped them from killing themselves.  

I'm hoping it improves me in walking, talking, memory, a bunch of other physical problems I have, and just improves my overall thinking.

You'll for sure get an autograph, but I can't promise that it will be worth more than a pile of dog shit!

lol...........  or it could be a lot since this is a revolutionary trial and could revolutionize how brain injuries are treated,

Who knows?!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 09:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thanks brother.  It means a lot.

Everyone faces their own struggles and I have no clue if I could live your life or anyone else's because I don't know what it would be like or if I could handle it, even if you think that it's not that hard.  Everybody has their own struggles.

I'm hoping it improves me in walking, talking, memory, a bunch of other physical problems I have, and just improves my overall thinking.

You'll for sure get an autograph, but I can't promise that it will be worth more than a pile of dog shit!

lol...........  or it could be a lot since this is a revolutionary trial and could revolutionize how brain injuries are treated,

Who knows?!
IMO your thinking has already advanced,just going by your posts the last few months Brad3.0 Rock On .
Reply/Quote