Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP All Pro released.
Congrats Big Whit and Geno.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/08/2015-associated-press-all-pro-team/

No one else (Green). Looks like the opinion is shifting that Jones is better. I disagree, but Greens got to take the team on his back in a big game to gain the momentum he had as earlier in his career as an all pro.

Julio has done this for a poor Falcons Offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Whit and Geno! Would have thought that Dunlap and Eifert would have been really strong candidates, as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Congrats Big Whit and Geno.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/08/2015-associated-press-all-pro-team/

No one else (Green). Looks like the opinion is shifting that Jones is better. I disagree, but Greens got to take the team on his back in a big game to gain the momentum he had as earlier in his career as an all pro.

Julio has done this for a poor Falcons Offense.

Jones had almost 1900 receiving yards this year, it is hard to ignore that.  Losing Dalton for almost four games really hurt Green in my opinion.  Nice to see Whitworth get the recognition.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Congrats to Whit and Geno!  Would have thought that Dunlap and Eifert would have been really strong candidates, as well.

Eifert doesn't have the yards. Though I do think if they picked 2 TEs that Eifert would make it. Gronk is just the best. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Jones had almost 1900 receiving yards this year, it is hard to ignore that.  Losing Dalton for almost four games really hurt Green in my opinion.  Nice to see Whitworth get the recognition.

I didn't realize he ended with that many yards. No question he's better than Green then.

Reply/Quote
Nelson comes in at 2nd team for those who're wondering.

Career year for him no question.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Nelson comes in at 2nd team for those who're wondering.

Career year for him no question.

Just when we need to re-sign him....

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Jones had almost 1900 receiving yards this year, it is hard to ignore that.  Losing Dalton for almost four games really hurt Green in my opinion.  Nice to see Whitworth get the recognition.

Plus you have to factor in.. Who else there is to throw too...

Green Eifert Jones Sanu the ball gets passed around a bit.

In atlanta its pretty much just Jones with White not getting nearly the targets he used to.

(01-08-2016, 05:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just when we need to re-sign him....

I think getting this type of play out of the players is part of the method of the madness of giving out so many short term deals.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Congrats to Whit and Geno!  Would have thought that Dunlap and Eifert would have been really strong candidates, as well.

Sure, Eifert leads TEs in TDs this year with 13, but he also has....
52 catches (15th among TE)
615 yards (12th among TE)
11.8 YPC (9th among TE)
38 First Downs (9th among TE)
8 plays of 20+ yards (11th among TE)

Eifert was really never a strong candidate for it, outside of Bengals fans maybe overhyping him a bit as "the second best TE in football". Good season? Absolutely, but not even a top-5 TE season this year. Heck, he arguably wasn't even the best TE in the division this year. Gary Barnidge put up 79/1,043/9 this year.

- - - - - -

Whit and Atkins certainly deserved making it this year.

Pretty funny how 4/5ths of the All Pro OL is from the AFCN. Both guards and both tackles.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just when we need to re-sign him....

He's always been very underrated by those outside of Bengaldom. Good to see him finally getting some recognition. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, Eifert leads TEs in TDs this year with 13, but he also has....
11.8 YPC (9th among TE)

Eifert was really never a strong candidate for it, outside of Bengals fans maybe overhyping him a bit as "the second best TE in football". Good season? Absolutely, but not even a top-5 TE season this year. Heck, he arguably wasn't even the best TE in the division this year. Gary Barnidge put up 79/1,043/9 this year.

- - - - - -

Pretty funny how 4/5ths of the All Pro OL is from the AFCN. Both guards and both tackles.

That was a low blow!

Reply/Quote
This isn't the Pro Bowl where 1/3 of the league at each position gets to claim they made it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: That was a low blow!

Naw, it's true.  He could use more targets outside the red zone.

Logjam at wideout every year, but I'd like to see AJ step up to all-pro level one of these seasons.  A full year and Burfict might get it.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap be snubbed.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dunlap be snubbed.
Hopefully Dunlap comes out inspired... Missing the pro bowl and now this.... it's a shame. Time to put Cincinnati and the rest of his Bengal teammates on the map.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, Eifert leads TEs in TDs this year with 13, but he also has....
11.8 YPC (9th among TE)

- - - - - -

Barnidge was also the only reliable target in Cleveland.
Eifert actually has to compete with AJ Green, Gio Bernard and Marvin Jones for the ball.

His touches will always be limited because he will never be THE guy. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hopefully Dunlap comes out inspired... Missing the pro bowl and now this.... it's a shame. Time to put Cincinnati and the rest of his Bengal teammates on the map.

Leads the league in sacks don't he? Missing the Probowl was down right wrong, i can atleast see him
not making the All pro team but him missing the Probowl is BS man. Dude was the best at his position
in the AFC this year. Not just the sacks, fine run stopper too.

Time to put up a few on Pig Ben no question.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Barnidge was also the only reliable target in Cleveland.
Eifert actually has to compete with AJ Green, Gio Bernard and Marvin Jones for the ball.

His touches will always be limited because he will never be THE guy. 

And only THE guy can be an All-Pro. Nobody chooses a RB for All-Pro who has 130 carries even if he gains 6 YPC on them.

Regardless of who is surrounding them, a good enough guy will always be THE guy. Case and point? There's plenty of other targets in the Steelers offense, but Brown was still All Pro. In 2011 the Patriots had Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, and Branch. Didn't stop Gronk from being All Pro.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Leads the league in sacks don't he? Missing the Probowl was down right wrong, i can atleast see him
not making the All pro team but him missing the Probowl is BS man. Dude was the best at his position
in the AFC this year. Not just the sacks, fine run stopper too.

Time to put up a few on Pig Ben no question.

4th in sacks.

Watt: 17.5
Mack: 15.0
Ansah: 14.5
Dunlap: 13.5

All those guys are listed as DE, too. So if you're 4th in the league in sacks at your position, it's pretty tough to make All-Pro. Should have absolutely made Pro Bowl though.

- - - - - - - - -

What I don't think I have seen anyone else mention. Didn't Nelson get 2nd team All-Pro? Congrats to him too. Old man safety balling out.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 08:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 4th in sacks.

Watt: 17.5
Mack: 15.0
Ansah: 14.5
Dunlap: 13.5

All those guys are listed as DE, too. So if you're 4th in the league in sacks at your position, it's pretty tough to make All-Pro. Should have absolutely made Pro Bowl though.

- - - - - - - - -

What I don't think I have seen anyone else mention. Didn't Nelson get 2nd team All-Pro? Congrats to him too. Old man safety balling out.

Mack also was named All Pro as a LB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote