Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AR-15s put in all Madison Cnty schools to enhance security in case of active shooter
(08-09-2022, 10:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So I'm a little curious also.  If someone doesn't have children, then who is this person with nefarious intent?  A burglar doesn't really need ammo on the spot.  

Don't they? What if they are stealing your firearms and you come upon them? Now instead of just a burglary you and your loved ones are in danger.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Don't they? What if they are stealing your firearms and you come upon them? Now instead of just a burglary you and your loved ones are in danger.

Well then they kind of have to load it.  There's no downside to what you do, I'm just wondering if it's necessary in all situations.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then they kind of have to load it.  There's no downside to what you do, I'm just wondering if it's necessary in all situations.

It's what we teach for the NRA courses as the safest way for storing your firearms and ammunition. There is no downside to it (other than more space being needed). These are the ways we explain the reasons for it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's what we teach for the NRA courses as the safest way for storing your firearms and ammunition. There is no downside to it (other than more space being needed). These are the ways we explain the reasons for it.

I can one up you though.  Tongue I have no ammunition anywhere in my house.  If I want to shoot, which isn't all that often, I just buy a box.  The gun was never purchased for home protection..
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can one up you though.  Tongue I have no ammunition anywhere in my house.  If I want to shoot, which isn't all that often, I just buy a box.  The gun was never purchased for home protection..

I pretty much just buy ammo whenever I find it at a good price. But, I also use it as an instructor to teach people. I honestly don't know how much .22 lr and 9 mm I have, but it's a lot. LOL

Reply/Quote