Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATF eForm 4!
I know, most of you won't care about this, but in a time where additional burdens are heaped on exercising our right to bear arms, the ATF recently made available an eForm for form 4. Form 4 is what gets filed when you buy a suppressor, or can afford a machine gun, or buy an SBR, etc. This will likely drop the processing from months to weeks. Exciting news!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 06:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know, most of you won't care about this, but in a time where additional burdens are heaped on exercising our right to bear arms, the ATF recently made available an eForm for form 4. Form 4 is what gets filed when you buy a suppressor, or can afford a machine gun, or buy an SBR, etc. This will likely drop the processing from months to weeks. Exciting news!

Only if you live in a state that hasn't severely curtailed your Constitutional rights.  But, overall, yes, you are correct.  This is good news.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Only if you live in a state that hasn't severely curtailed your Constitutional rights.  But, overall, yes, you are correct.  This is good news.

I was already suppressor shopping. Then this news came out and I got excited.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Only if you live in a state that hasn't severely curtailed your Constitutional rights.  But, overall, yes, you are correct.  This is good news.

That you need a stamp in any state is proof of curtailed Constitutional rights.

#iwantmyminigun
Reply/Quote
What you need a suppressor for?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:42 PM)hollodero Wrote: What you need a suppressor for?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

While my kneejerk is to similarly go "Cause Murica!" There are some objective reasons why shooting with a suppresor is preferable.

Less noise, less recoil, improved accuracy, and I'm confident Bels could rattle off quite a few other points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 02:26 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: While my kneejerk is to similarly go "Cause Murica!" There are some objective reasons why shooting with a suppresor is preferable.

Less noise, less recoil, improved accuracy, and I'm confident Bels could rattle off quite a few other points.

You hit the main ones. Personally, I want a suppressor for hunting. I've tried things like Walker's Game Ear, which allow you to hear normally (or amplified) but cut out high decibel sounds. Problem is that they are battery operated and they don't stay seated all the time. Plus, they just don't always work. Using a suppressed hunting rifle means that I don't do as much damage to my hearing while I take a shot at a deer, bear, or other critters. I want one for my Glocks because, well, it'd be fun. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You hit the main ones. Personally, I want a suppressor for hunting. I've tried things like Walker's Game Ear, which allow you to hear normally (or amplified) but cut out high decibel sounds. Problem is that they are battery operated and they don't stay seated all the time. Plus, they just don't always work. Using a suppressed hunting rifle means that I don't do as much damage to my hearing while I take a shot at a deer, bear, or other critters. I want one for my Glocks because, well, it'd be fun. LOL

Get yourself a .300 AAC AR.  That round was literally made to be fired suppressed.
Reply/Quote

I personally would like one because I shoot a lot, and often at indoor gun ranges where everyone should use one. It's call keeping the ability to hear.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 01:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Get yourself a .300 AAC AR.  That round was literally made to be fired suppressed.
This..
Time to go shopping.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote