Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATL
Has anyone noticed ATL have not provided any indication (that I have seen) one way or another to draft Matt Ryan's successor at #4?
They could shock us all and pick up Sewell or Chase and that would make the pick an easy one....or open up the flood gates on some very attractive trade opportunities. I do not think Pitts is on Bengals radar....and if he is they are doing a good job of disguising it.
Thursday should be interesting....compared to last yr. The ATL Pick is the nail biter for me.
Reply/Quote
This sounds stupid, but I would almost be relieved if ATL took either Chase or Sewell. It would make whoever we pick a lot more agreeable and accepted as the correct choice regardless of how the two players' careers pan out.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 11:52 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Has anyone noticed ATL have not provided any indication (that I have seen) one way or another to draft Matt Ryan's successor at #4?
They could shock us all and pick up Sewell or Chase and that would make the pick an easy one....or open up the flood gates on some very attractive trade opportunities.  I do not think Pitts is on Bengals radar....and if he is they are doing a good job of disguising it.  
Thursday should be interesting....compared to last yr. The ATL Pick is the nail biter for me.

i hope they dont Select a QB as that raises the trade value of our pick for those QB needy teams
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This sounds stupid, but I would almost be relieved if ATL took either Chase or Sewell. It would make whoever we pick a lot more agreeable and accepted as the correct choice regardless of how the two players' careers pan out.

If that happens it SHOULD calm things down on this board at least. If they take whichever one is left people would still probably find a way to complain though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If that happens it SHOULD calm things down on this board at least. If they take whichever one is left people would still probably find a way to complain though.

cue the should have traded up a spot crowd lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This sounds stupid, but I would almost be relieved if ATL took either Chase or Sewell. It would make whoever we pick a lot more agreeable and accepted as the correct choice regardless of how the two players' careers pan out.

Nah - then people will just ***** that we should have moved up on slot to take "their guy"
Reply/Quote
They are hinting at the possibility of trading Julio last I checked. If they get and accept an offer for Julio then expect a QB to be the pick because they are at the point of blowing everything up and starting over. Otherwise everything indicates Pitts is the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 11:52 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Has anyone noticed ATL have not provided any indication (that I have seen) one way or another to draft Matt Ryan's successor at #4?
They could shock us all and pick up Sewell or Chase and that would make the pick an easy one....or open up the flood gates on some very attractive trade opportunities.  I do not think Pitts is on Bengals radar....and if he is they are doing a good job of disguising it.  

Well they did another contract correction with Ryan so looks like they are locked into Ryan for 2021 and 2022 due to cap dead money if they trade him. So, I think they either trade down or take Pitts, Chase or Sewell. 

I predict it is Pitts if they hold at #4 pick.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They are hinting at the possibility of trading Julio last I checked. If they get and accept an offer for Julio then expect a QB to be the pick because they are at the point of blowing everything up and starting over. Otherwise everything indicates Pitts is the pick.

I believe they cannot trade him until June 1st due to league rules with the cap. This will NOT effect their draft plans. Too many variables and moving pieces/parts.

They will trade back or take Pitts. Their coach was a former TE coach for the Titans before becoming OC there. He helped draft Jonnu Smith, who was starting to really come on and be featured in the Titans offense last year.

Personally, I think Atlanta needs defense quite badly and would prefer to trade back to get more draft picks and be able to select a defensive player that meets their need at a spot of value.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well they did another contract correction with Ryan so looks like they are locked into Ryan for 2021 and 2022 due to cap dead money if they trade him. So, I think they either trade down or take Pitts, Chase or Sewell. 

I predict it is Pitts if they hold at #4 pick.

i wont be surprised it they pick the heir apparent..  as the cap is predicted to skyrocket next season and they could eat some dead cap
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They are hinting at the possibility of trading Julio last I checked. If they get and accept an offer for Julio then expect a QB to be the pick because they are at the point of blowing everything up and starting over. Otherwise everything indicates Pitts is the pick.

Too late, Ryan due to cap dead money is their QB fir 2021 at a minimum. If blowing things up, that was very stupid.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If they trade Julio Jones, they could well take Chase at 4. That would suck.
Reply/Quote
I believe Miami’s recent move is telling. They traded their starting guard Erick Flowers (wasn’t good) to WAS and moved their RT to RG. I wouldn’t be surprised they expect Pitts and Chase gone now and are getting ready to select Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I believe they cannot trade him until June 1st due to league rules with the cap. This will NOT effect their draft plans. Too many variables and moving pieces/parts.

They will trade back or take Pitts. Their coach was a former TE coach for the Titans before becoming OC there. He helped draft Jonnu Smith, who was starting to really come on and be featured in the Titans offense last year.

Personally, I think Atlanta needs defense quite badly and would prefer to trade back to get more draft picks and be able to select a defensive player that meets their need at a spot of value.

Correct. If the Falcons move on from Jones prior to June 2, he'll have $40 mill dead cap, which will all come out in this cap year.
If they wait until after June 1, it spreads it out between this year and next year.

I disagree though that it won't affect their draft plans.
If they have a deal in place prior to Thursday (even though it won't take effect until June 2), they could decide to get Julio's replacement via the draft (either at 4 or 35).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don’t get the feeling when Shanahan said there are “five guys” worth moving up to 3 for, that they are necessarily 5 QBs like everyone is thinking
Reply/Quote
My moment of Zen is to sit back and enjoy getting Chase, Pitts, or Sewell. I'm not going to be critical of the pick and I'm going to support the player as a tool for Burrow.

I might rage if they do something like take Micah Parsons at 5.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct. If the Falcons move on from Jones prior to June 2, he'll have $40 mill dead cap, which will all come out in this cap year.
If they wait until after June 1, it spreads it out between this year and next year.

I disagree though that it won't affect their draft plans.
If they have a deal in place prior to Thursday (even though it won't take effect until June 2), they could decide to get Julio's replacement via the draft (either at 4 or 35).

But, how could they trust a team to go through with that? And what team is taking all of that money on for a 32 year old WR?.... Especially BEFORE the draft? Smoke screen. No way they could possibly trade him or even work a deal out with someone else before the draft ends. If they did, I would be in total shock!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe Miami’s recent move is telling. They traded their starting guard Erick Flowers (wasn’t good) to WAS and moved their RT to RG. I wouldn’t be surprised they expect Pitts and Chase gone now and are getting ready to select Sewell.

Sewell wont be the only OL to go top 10
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: But, how could they trust a team to go through with that? And what team is taking all of that money on for a 32 year old WR?.... Especially BEFORE the draft? Smoke screen. No way they could possibly trade him or even work a deal out with someone else before the draft ends. If they did, I would be in total shock!

They aren't taking a large majority of the money on for Julio.
ATL still has to pay the guaranteed money out to Julio regardless whether he's traded or cut.
The new team only has to pay the difference.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They aren't taking a large majority of the money on for Julio.
ATL still has to pay the guaranteed money out to Julio regardless whether he's traded or cut.
The new team only has to pay the difference.

The new team takes on his 15.3 million salary for the year, so around 15th or so highest-paid WR in the league.
Reply/Quote