Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AU Full Draft 2.0
I have gone ahead and updated my mock. Same as last time, I have not allowed trades for the sake of the mock but there are a couple notes where it seems obvious teams want out. 

1.Cardinals- Kylar Murray QB Oklahoma- I finally am caving and going with Murray here. I have held out for a while but there just seems to be so much smoke here that at some point you have to just accept that maybe they are going to roll the dice just one year after spending a top 10 pick on a QB.

2.49ers- Nick Bosa Edge OSU- This pick seems obvious; however, I do think Williams is at play here. I think Bosa offers them more upside and versatility compared to what is on the roster at DE. The 49ers have talent on the interior it just hasn’t quite produce up to now but maybe with Ford and Bosa it can?

3.Jets- Quinnen Williams DL Alabama- Because I don’t do trades this is a BPA pick. I had Josh Allen here in my last mock but that was because Williams was gone. One could argue Williams is the best player in the draft and I think Greg Williams would be ecstatic to get him on his defense.

4.Raiders- Ed Oliver DL Houston- John Gruden gets his pass rusher but not how many expected it opting to go inside rusher over outside. The beauty here though is that Oliver offers Michael Bennett like versatility and I believe he can rush from the edge on early downs then kick inside next to Maurice Hurst on passing downs to make a pretty deadly interior tandem.

5.Bucs- Josh Allen Edge Kentucky- In Josh Allen new HC Bruce Arians gets his versatile pass rusher he builds his defense around in Arizona. Similar to a Chandler Jones, Allen can move all over and disrupt plays for a defense that has to find a way to hit the opposing QB.

6.Giants- Jonah Williams OL Alabama- As I said in mock 1.0 the Giants believe they will win by running the ball and playing good defense and in order for this to occur the Giants must continue to solidify their OL. I believe Jonah Williams is the best OL prospect in this class, short arms and all.

7.Jaguars- Jawaan Taylor OL Florida-This was my pick in mock 1.0 and nothing has changed. This makes too much sense not to happen here as the Jaguars continue to build in the trenches.

8.Lions- TJ Hockenson TE Iowa-HC Matt Patricia tried to trade for Rob Gronkowski last year but came up short. As Patricia continue to try and recreate the Patriots blue print in Detroit he finds his do it all TE at pick number eight.

9.Bills- Montez Sweat Edge Mississippi State- Full disclosure here, I am not this high on Montez Sweat but that doesn’t matter as the Bills are. The Bills snag a physical freak at 9 to provide them with desperately needed edge help. While Jerry Hughes is still here the Bills need an injection of young talent on the D line to help solidify a dangerously underrated defensive unit.

10.Broncos- Devin White LB LSU- I believe Elway wants Drew Lock but at this point I think it is too early for this to occur. My gut says Elway comes back up in the first to one of the late 20’s teams to get him but again, no trades in this mock. Instead Elway gets arguably the best defensive leader in the draft and a special talent in terms of physical skills.

11.Bengals- Devin Bush LB Michigan- Nothing has changed here from mock 1.0. Many have called QB here and I simply don’t believe it. Haskins will be on the board, but other than a potential trade this one is really not a difficult decision as the LB unit has to be better to win games.

12.Packers- Andre Dillard OT Washington State- With Hockenson off the board here the Packers instead opt to look to the future and snag arguably the best pass protecting lineman in this draft. Dillard may take a year to get used to run blocking, however in the Packers offense he could step right in to protect the franchise QB who by the way like to throw the ball 40+ times a game.

13.Dolphins- Dalton Risner OT/OG Kansas State- Mock 1.0 had Jonah Williams here but with him off the board they go to the next most versatile OL in Dalton Risner. Risner in my mind can play outside (Watch Risner’s tape against Sweat for reasoning), but others see him more as a guard. Either way the Dolphins solidify the line as they look out to the following draft for their QB.

14.Falcons- Christian Wilkins DT Clemson- The Falcons love Wilkins and it may be the worst kept secret in the draft. I think it’s possible they jump to 8 in order to ensure they get him, but since no trades are allowed here, they luck out and still get him at 14.

15.Redskins- Dwayne Haskins QB OSU- The Redskins are in desperate need of a QB and don’t let the Keenum deal fool you. With Alex Smith’s future in doubt and back up Colt McCoy’s injury requiring another surgery Haskins offers the ability to start day 1 if they’d like or let him sit behind Keenum for a year.

16.Panthers- Cody Ford OT/OG Oklahoma- I went edge rusher here in 1.0, but instead I have shifted thoughts and think they will look to protect QB Cam Newton, who is coming off shoulder surgery, while also giving their do it all HB Christian McCaffrey a little more room to run.

17.Giants- Brian Burns Edge Florida State- Going on the same line of thinking from earlier, the Giants turn to the other side of the ball and find the replacement for Olivier Vernon. The Giants need to create pressure and Burns is a great value here at 17.

18.Vikings- Greg Little OT Ole Miss- The Vikings wanted Ford but they come away with the consolation prize of Greg Little. In terms of physical gifts there may be no better tackle in this class but Little needs to clean up his technique to best use those skills. Early on he can start at RT with a chance to be the LT of the future in MIN.

19.Titans- DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss- I’m not as high on DK Metcalf as many but I had him here in 1.0 and here he is again in 2.0. My reasoning is simple the Titans need to give Mariota a big-time target. Corey Davis is an excellent #2 but I am not sure he will ever become the big time #1 that the Titans need to give Mariota.

20.Steelers- Byron Murphy CB Washington- I think as crazy as it sounds safety is in play here, even after taking one in a reach last season, but in the end, they stay with Murphy. Said it before and I’ll say it again, Murphy is the best zone corner in this draft.

21.Seahawks- Clelin Ferrell Edge Clemson- Frank Clark out Clelin Ferrell in as the Seahawks pass on a safety for the time being to find their pass rushing star of the future. Ferrell gives GM John Snyder a legit pass rushing threat without the big time deal that Clark ended up getting in KC.

22.Ravens- Mack Wilson LB Alabama- Tell me if you have heard this before, the Ravens select a LB from Alabama. With Mosley gone the Ravens go back to their trusted source of college players and bring in the versatile Wilson to lead the defense.

23.Texans- Garrett Bradburry OG NC State- Nothing changes from 1.0 to 2.0 for the Texans as the need to fix their O line hasn’t changed. The Texans grab the best interior lineman in the draft to start buying QB DeShaun Watson a little bit of time.

24.Raiders- Josh Jacobs HB Alabama- The rumors are swirling that Gruden loves Jacobs and I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved up to get him but for now, he snags him at 24. With Lynch on the outs Jacobs will bring the bruising mentality with the added bonus of being capable to catch a pass when needed.

25.Eagles- Jonathan Abrams S Mississippi State- The Eagles are always a wildcard but I think safety is a safe pick here. I could see them going O line if the right guy fell but it got picked through pretty heavily in this mock so we stay with our mock 1.0 pick of Abram

26.Colts- Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson- Interior D line is a need and Lawrence provides an immediate upgrade in the run defense with some pass rushing ability. You don’t find a lot of 340-pound guys who move like him, especially at pick 26.

27.Raiders- Greedy Williams CB LSU- We sent Greedy here in 1.0 and we still have him here in 2.0. A high upside guy the questions about his ability to do more than just mirror is something that Gruden looks past with the potential upside he brings.

28. Chargers- Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College- Another 1.0 repeat, Lindstrom is the best interior lineman left and it’s a place the Chargers can’t afford to get cheap on with Rivers at such an advanced age.

29. Seahawks- Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma- The Seahawks use their pick they got for Frank Clark to take the guy I had the chiefs taking with the same pick. Brown would add a dynamic to the Seahawks offense they haven’t had since Percy Harvin, a deep threat/gamechanger. Add in the fact Doug Baldwin still isn’t healthy and this makes a ton of sense for a team with limited picks but big needs in terms of pass catchers.

30. Packers- Noah Fant TE Iowa- While Hockenson didn’t make it to them at 12 they get his partner in crime at pick 30 in Noah Fant. Fant will offer Rodgers an athletic pass catching TE who should be able to work the middle of the field in a way that Rodgers hasn’t had in a long time.

31. Rams- Erik McCoy OG/OC Texas A&M- I had Risner here in mock 1.0, but with him gone McCoy is an admirable replacement. He brings versatility to a line that needs to be efficient and effective for the offense to work.

32. Patriots- Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi State- The Patriots still would love to trade out of this spot as I said in 1.0, but they are also still opportunists who will take a top 10 talent at pick 32 any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
Nice job! I'm starting to come around on Bush.
Reply/Quote
I have a hard time seeing Miami passing on Haskins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: I have a hard time seeing Miami passing on Haskins.

I don't believe they have real interest in a QB this year. They did the homework, but I think short of someone blowing their socks off in the interviews the plan is to build the situation up for the right QB. The rumor was Gase wanted out because the franchise wanted to tank for a year or two. 
Reply/Quote
In this scenario, I wouldn't mind the Bengals trading up in the second for Drew Lock.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote: In this scenario, I wouldn't mind the Bengals trading up in the second for Drew Lock.

I think that is what you see the Bronco's do, in fact I could see Lock and Daniels both having suitors at the end of the 1st via trade up to get that 5th year option. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think that is what you see the Bronco's do, in fact I could see Lock and Daniels both having suitors at the end of the 1st via trade up to get that 5th year option. 

The pressing issues this off season are LB and OL.  They've at least made some moves at OL in free agency (whether you liked them or not is another discussion), so there's less urgency there at the top of the draft.  So should the Bengals nab one of the top two LB prospects in Round 1, I wouldn't mind if they gave up some picks to move up in Round 2 and grab Lock.  I don't know what they'd have to give up to do so, but whatever picks they have left they can be spent on some OL guys for development.

1. Devin Bush
2. Drew Lock

Your first pick can contribute right away, and the second pick is planning for the future.  I wouldn't complain.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Realistic and may happen. I just cannot get behind Bush at 11. Maybe the highest rated player on the Bengal's board and backer is a position of need but I would be upset if White went one slot above Bengals. Seems to happen frequently and my hope is that the Bengals either make a trade to get White or go a different direction.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 01:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Realistic and may happen.  I just cannot get behind Bush at 11.  Maybe the highest rated player on the Bengal's board and backer is a position of need but I would be upset if White went one slot above Bengals.  Seems to happen frequently and my hope is that the Bengals either make a trade to get White or go a different direction.

Yea, I wanted to give White to the Bengals bad but just don't think the Broncos go QB there. If they do though I think there is a good chance we end up with White. The other option for me was 6 to the Giants, but if you believe what the Giants are saying I think they are continuing to build in the trenches. 

Like always the QB's are the wildcards in this draft. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't believe they have real interest in a QB this year. They did the homework, but I think short of someone blowing their socks off in the interviews the plan is to build the situation up for the right QB. The rumor was Gase wanted out because the franchise wanted to tank for a year or two. 

That would be an outraged fanbase.  They're definitely tanking if they pass on the #2 QB to reach for Risner.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: That would be an outraged fanbase.  They're definitely tanking if they pass on the #2 QB to reach for Risner.

People are going to be surprised, I have heard Risner is way higher on teams boards than the general public has him. They want Tua/Herbert/Frohm over this class is the word, but it's possible I guess they could get a QB here and stick him on a bad team. The Gase thing though seemed to have some basis in reality though, he basically wanted confirmation they weren't going to give him that and so they split. 
Reply/Quote
Lol what would be ironic about this mock is if the Skins decide the Bengals are going to take Haslins they'd trade up to 10 with Denver and push White to the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol what would be ironic about this mock is if the Skins decide the Bengals are going to take Haslins they'd trade up to 10 with Denver and push White to the Bengals.

I actually thought that as well. I think the Bengals feigning interest in QB could end up being the great savior in this. The only issue though is Detroit has made it known they want to move back out of 8 so that seems to be the most logical place for a QB needy team to get to. I can see a path or two of White making it to us, but honestly I'm not sure who they like better. The public thinks it's white in a run away, but there are rumblings some teams have Bush higher. 
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna be pissed if White goes at 10. Bush is a good consolation prize though.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
is it just me or is hockensen kind of dorky looking like eifert
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 01:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Realistic and may happen.  I just cannot get behind Bush at 11.  Maybe the highest rated player on the Bengal's board and backer is a position of need but I would be upset if White went one slot above Bengals.  Seems to happen frequently and my hope is that the Bengals either make a trade to get White or go a different direction.

im with Lap not that much difference between the top 2 LBS.. I will love getting either.. I would not move up for White if it cost us moving a bit back in 2nd round or cost us a 3 or 4..but  but I might consider moving up to make sure we get one the LBS
Reply/Quote