Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AU165 Full First Round Mock with Analysis
(04-03-2019, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: As I mentioned, I just don’t think the Bengals think O line is as season killing as the LB hope right now. Even with Bobby Hart starting last year we had a good offense before injuries took us out. The linebacker group was bad at coverage from week 1 onward.

Hockenson is a stud but I’m not sure I see it with them paying Uzomah and bringing Eiffert back.

I agree about Hockenson but damn, when has Eifert been healthy.  I know he is a good guy, and is signed to a contract but I just assume Eifert is not on the team.  Would the offense survive with just Uzi at TE?  Hockenson is not just a good TE, he is a great blocker  and can help the O-Line.  I think he has rare talent.  I am looking for rare talent at 11.  Bush may be rare.  several smallish backers have made impact.  I just wouldn't be happy especially if Wilkins, Hockenson, Oliver, or Williams are there at 11.  Then there is the Haskins pick potential.  What do the Bengals do if Haskins is there?  

Gosh, I better have plenty of beer this draft.  Reds are already causing me anguish. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 05:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree about Hockenson but damn, when has Eifert been healthy.  I know he is a good guy, and is signed to a contract but I just assume Eifert is not on the team.  Would the offense survive with just Uzi at TE?  Hockenson is not just a good TE, he is a great blocker  and can help the O-Line.  I think he has rare talent.  I am looking for rare talent at 11.  Bush may be rare.  several smallish backers have made impact.  I just wouldn't be happy especially if Wilkins, Hockenson, Oliver, or Williams are there at 11.  Then there is the Haskins pick potential.  What do the Bengals do if Haskins is there?  

Gosh, I better have plenty of beer this draft.  Reds are already causing me anguish. 

If Haskins is there you have two options take him or trade the pick, I can’t see them taking someone else if he is in fact there.
Reply/Quote
I think Bush gives us the best chance to win right away fills a the most pressing need at LB. However I think they go with Williams at T. I just don't think they value the LB position that much to draft him.
Reminds of the 2002 draft when everyone said they needed a CB and they drafted Levi Jones instead.
Also think they draft another tackle in the 2nd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 05:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree about Hockenson but damn, when has Eifert been healthy.  I know he is a good guy, and is signed to a contract but I just assume Eifert is not on the team.  Would the offense survive with just Uzi at TE?  Hockenson is not just a good TE, he is a great blocker  and can help the O-Line.  I think he has rare talent.  I am looking for rare talent at 11.  Bush may be rare.  several smallish backers have made impact.  I just wouldn't be happy especially if Wilkins, Hockenson, Oliver, or Williams are there at 11.  Then there is the Haskins pick potential.  What do the Bengals do if Haskins is there?  

Hock is definately the dude that really raises my eyebrows if we don't go LB or OT.

Oliver and Wilkins are also a couple DT's that i would love.

Gotta have the brewski's Psych, gotta have the brewskies.
Reply/Quote
If they pass on Jonah Williams to select Devin Bush then they may live to regret it but their QB will not. I am hoping this coaching staff understands that the 5 most important positions on a football team are the five lining up in front of the QB. If you can't win upfront then you can't win. I seriously hope both Devin's are gone so it is not a decision they have to make.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hock is definately the dude that really raises my eyebrows if we don't go LB or OT.

Oliver and Wilkins are also a couple DT's that i would love.

Gotta have the brewski's Psych, gotta have the brewskies.

If you are going to pass on Jawaan Taylor or Jonah Williams then I am all for taking Hockenson and that is even if both Devins are still on the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 10:13 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Bush gives us the best chance to win right away fills a the most pressing need at LB. However I think they go with Williams at T. I just don't think they value the LB position that much to draft him.
Reminds of the 2002 draft when everyone said they needed a CB and they drafted Levi Jones instead.
Also think they draft another tackle in the 2nd.

Not getting your philosophy. You cant win without scoring and you cant score if your QB is not comfortable for even a reasonable period of time in the pocket. I guess I have to ask if your philosophy is for Bush to go both ways and play RT as well?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:27 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If they pass on Jonah Williams to select Devin Bush then they may live to regret it but their QB will not. I am hoping this coaching staff understands that the 5 most important positions on a football team are the five lining up in front of the QB. If you can't win upfront then you can't win. I seriously hope both Devin's are gone so it is not a decision they have to make.

I just hope they make the right decision regardless but you are right, the trenches is where games are won and lost.

(04-04-2019, 03:29 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If you are going to pass on Jawaan Taylor or Jonah Williams then I am all for taking Hockenson and that is even if both Devins are still on the board.

Hock has rare talent, he is like a better blocking Travis Kelce with even more athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not getting your philosophy. You cant win without scoring and you cant score if your QB is not comfortable for even a reasonable period of time in the pocket. I guess I have to ask if your philosophy is for Bush to go both ways and play RT as well?

What? I have no problem with them drafting a tackle what are you talking about
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think the raiders get oliver and tampa gets devin white. Jags or bills going ot is a popular pick. Think the lions trade down and someone tradrs up for a qb with them.

For the Bengals id go with a dt or hockenson. Maybe bush or an ot, just not sold on the value at 11 for ot. Are these first round ot prospects better than the 2nd or third round prospects?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:44 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote:  Are these first round ot prospects better than the 2nd or third round prospects?

Yes, that's why they are 1st round prospects. The guys I have going here in the 1st are "safer" then the guys left in the 2nd but the guys in the 2nd have upside as well. 
Reply/Quote
With Schefter reporting the Cardinals have chosen not to engage in trade talks for Rosen so far I'm feeling pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 12:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: With Schefter reporting the Cardinals have chosen not to engage in trade talks for Rosen so far I'm feeling pretty good.

Why you feeling good?  
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 01:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why you feeling good?  

Because I made the "bold" prediction Muray wasn't going to Arizona haha. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:30 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not getting your philosophy. You cant win without scoring and you cant score if your QB is not comfortable for even a reasonable period of time in the pocket. I guess I have to ask if your philosophy is for Bush to go both ways and play RT as well?

I assume the philosophy at work is that there is more depth at OT in this draft than at LB, and that you've got a better chance of grabbing a solid OT in the 2nd than you do a solid LB.

If you can get a starting LB in the 1st and a starting OT in the 2nd versus a starting OT in the first and a rotational LB in the 2nd, I think you go with the first option. They certainly need both.
Reply/Quote
The best part of the draft is the speculation prior.

All the "experts" have Jonah Williams as a mid-late first round pick. What if he's truly a elite LT prospect and he plays at a high level in the NFl?

What if Jawan Taylor is as good as advertised as a RT?

What is Andre Dillard is the next great athletic LT?

Any of those 3 guys could easily be worth taking at #11.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The best part of the draft is the speculation prior.

All the "experts" have Jonah Williams as a mid-late first round pick.  What if he's truly a elite LT prospect and he plays at a high level in the NFl?

What if Jawan Taylor is as good as advertised as a RT?

What is Andre Dillard is the next great athletic LT?

Any of those 3 guys could easily be worth taking at #11.

I mean you could use this logic to justify about anything. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 05:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Off topic but Yodny Cajuste is in for a big fall because hes having a hamstring surgery that will keep him out a few months. Between this surgery, the ankle that kept him out of the off season testing, the two knee injuries early in his college career, and finally the system that was holding both him and Andre Dillard back...I could see Cajuste in the 6th round

Well he sounds like a lock as our #11 pick then for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 12:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: With Schefter reporting the Cardinals have chosen not to engage in trade talks for Rosen so far I'm feeling pretty good.
Why would they trade him before draft day? That would be foolish and irresponsible. Arizona has at least done a good job in creating the narrative of if you want Kyler Murray, you need to come get him. Beyond that, they likely have genuine interest in selecting him given the fit he would have in a Kingsbury offense. With that said, why move him until the draft? I doubt they would trade Rosen until after they select Murray. Tunsil situation comes to mind. They don't lose any leverage waiting because there are likely 4 to 5 teams that would have interest in Rosen. NE, SD, NYG, WAS, and MIA comes to mind. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:51 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Why would they trade him before draft day? That would be foolish and irresponsible. Arizona has at least done a good job in creating the narrative of if you want Kyler Murray, you need to come get him. Beyond that, they likely have genuine interest in selecting him given the fit he would have in a Kingsbury offense. With that said, why move him until the draft? I doubt they would trade Rosen until after they select Murray. Tunsil situation comes to mind. They don't lose any leverage waiting because there are likely 4 to 5 teams that would have interest in Rosen. NE, SD, NYG, WAS, and MIA comes to mind. 

There is a difference in trading him before drafting and engaging in discussions. The report is they aren’t even willing to talk currently. I agree if he’s traded it will be draft week, but I still believe there is a relatively large chance he doesn’t get moved unless the price is a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote