Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Aaron Donald announces retirement.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/03/15/aaron-donald-los-angeles-rams-retirement-nfl

Quote:“Cheers to what’s next,” Donald wrote on social media. “Extending a big thank you to the Rams and all of the fans for your support over these last 10 years. Much love.”

Quote:The 32-year-old ends his career with 543 total tackles and 111 sacks, along with one Super Bowl title at the end of the 2021 season.

Just wish he didn't have that Super Bowl.  Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:24 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/03/15/aaron-donald-los-angeles-rams-retirement-nfl

Just wish he didn't have that Super Bowl.  Sad

I didn't see this coming....my son is bummed out as he is a Rams Fan
Reply/Quote
The stage is set for him to come out of retirement and play another year somewhere. Just like Brady did.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I didn't see this coming....my son is bummed out as he is a Rams Fan

I guess he is one of those guys that just felt like they had accomplished enough and earned enough money so it was time to call it a career.  Smart in my opinion instead of spending more years beating the heck out of their body and watching play decline due to age.  Plus 10 years is a long career in the NFL.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 03:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The stage is set for him to come out of retirement and play another year somewhere. Just like Brady did.

I've been reading some articles that talk about his restructured contract prior to his retirement.  Apparently it may leave some doors open for him to return to the Rams while also helping the team:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2024/3/16/24103004/rams-cap-space-aaron-donald-retirement-free-agency

Quote:“By deferring his salary into the option it also gives the Rams a chance to keep Donald on the roster through June, if they want, and place him on the retired list at that point. It also gives Donald months to consider if he wants to return since the contract is simply waiting for him if he returns to the NFL this year or any year in the future. If the team waits until June they should be able to split the salary cap charges across two years, though the cap charges are contingent on the way his signing bonus works. If the signing bonus is a legit bonus then the money should count towards dead money in 2024 and 2025. If it is earned but no money ever changes hands prior to the retirement the NFL will likely just disregard the bonus. If there is money paid and the team is later paid back the Rams will take a charge in 2024 with an offsetting credit coming in 2025.”

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Bengals win a Super Bowl if he doesn't exist.

Cry
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 01:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I guess he is one of those guys that just felt like they had accomplished enough and earned enough money so it was time to call it a career.  Smart in my opinion instead of spending more years beating the heck out of their body and watching play decline due to age.  Plus 10 years is a long career in the NFL.

Not many walk away on their own terms most are Retired cause they cant get another contract..

props to Aaron for calling his shot
Reply/Quote