Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Donald is a Dirty Player
Aaron Donald received his 11 fine from the NFL.

It was the SECOND time this season Donald was fined for CHOKING an opposing lineman!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/22/aaron-donald-fined-10815-for-trying-to-choke-d-j-humphries/

I used to be a fan of the guy, but knowing this I hope his career goes into the dumpster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
James Harrison was suspended after accumulating 6 total fines and he had a grand total of 0 after-the-play incidents or literal assualts not related to a football hit or tackle.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:09 AM)6andcounting Wrote: James Harrison was suspended after accumulating 6 total fines and he had a grand total of 0 after-the-play incidents or literal assualts not related to a football hit or tackle.

Yup.  I don't understand how Donald has not been suspended for this.  To me it's similar to Haynesworth stomping on a face.  It is a deliberate attempt to cause serious injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  I don't understand how Donald has not been suspended for this.  To me it's similar to Haynesworth stomping on a face.  It is a deliberate attempt to cause serious injury.

yeah was a punk move, i hate dirty players. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Vontaze level stuff and nobody says a peep. I never knew this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
They were praising him on the telecast at the beginning of this Rams Bucs game, and I thought I was going to puke now that I know all that.

Needs to be brought up regularly, and his name need not be included in MVP or DPOY discussions as a result, IMO.
Reply/Quote
So, other people are watching that game?

It's on my TV if for no other reason to kill time until the Chiefs-Bills comes on. For the sake of Matthew Stafford, I'm rooting for the Rams in this one to keep the NFL from swaying another Super Bowl victory for Tom Brady. Sometimes, people yell at me for insinuating that the games are fixed or scripted sometimes, but the Patriots win over the Falcons in 2017 was REALLY fishy.
Reply/Quote
The game is boring. The Bucs are imploding. Whether it is blown BASIC coverages or dumb penalties the Bucs are much more losing this than the Rams are winning it.
Reply/Quote
Bucs right back in it
Reply/Quote
That ***** Tom Brady is getting another damn Super Bowl. Unbelieveable.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:19 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That ***** Tom Brady is getting another damn Super Bowl. Unbelieveable.

Not so much, but damned if the Rams didn't try and hand it to him, though.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well the Rams somehow won it despite multiple turnovers. And yes bad officiating cost the Bucs here but ultimately it was the Bucs defense losing Cooper Kupp three times in coverage that made it possible.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not so much, but damned if the Rams didn't try and hand it to him, though.  
Huge mistake blitzing there and not trying to prevent a big play down the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Vontaze level stuff and nobody says a peep. I never knew this.

The league punishes based on perceptions and protecting images. Donald has enough sponsors to 1. Give him a positive image to fans. 2. Protect him from media criticism since his sponsors advertise on those outlets. 

Harrison had a thug image because how he handled criticism and how he had that toughest man wins complex. Same with Burfict, but to be fair he did enough to legitly earn that image.

There's a reason the NFL won't define punishment standards and fights with the union to hand Goodell the judge, jury and executioner power that no other sports league comminisioner gets.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well the Rams somehow won it despite multiple turnovers. And yes bad officiating cost the Bucs here but ultimately it was the Bucs defense losing Cooper Kupp three times in coverage that made it possible.

What bad officiating cost the Bucs?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:32 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Huge mistake blitzing there and not trying to prevent a big play down the field.

There are many reasons I'm not a coach in the NFL. 

Thinking it's a good idea to single cover Cooper Kupp in that situation is decidedly not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Vontaze level stuff and nobody says a peep. I never knew this.

I was going to reply to this, until I scrolled down and saw that 6andcounting had already responded with pretty much my thoughts on why some players are heavily scrutinized, while others seem to be able to conduct similar behavior without recourse.

(01-23-2022, 08:32 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The league punishes based on perceptions and protecting images. Donald has enough sponsors to 1. Give him a positive image to fans. 2. Protect him from media criticism since his sponsors advertise on those outlets. 

Harrison had a thug image because how he handled criticism and how he had that toughest man wins complex. Same with Burfict, but to be fair he did enough to legitly earn that image.

There's a reason the NFL won't define punishment standards and fights with the union to hand Goodell the judge, jury and executioner power that no other sports league comminisioner gets.

Well stated.  One thought that I would like to add which adds credence to your last sentence;  If you don't believe what 6andcounting said, just take a hard look at the reduction in the number of head to head and defenseless receiver calls this year, compared to when it was a point of emphasis.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't know this, hmmmmm ?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was going to reply to this, until I scrolled down and saw that 6andcounting had already responded with pretty much my thoughts on why some players are heavily scrutinized, while others seem to be able to conduct similar behavior without recourse.

Well stated.  One thought that I would like to add which adds credence to your last sentence;  If you don't believe what 6andcounting said, just take a hard look at the reduction in the number of head to head and defenseless receiver calls this year, compared to when it was a point of emphasis.  

Not sure that is a great example, as players eventually adjusted (for the most part).  It was even pointed out earlier today (or second game last night?) when a DB blasted a guy on the ball at the catch.  He pointed out during the replay how in the not too distant past the DB would have lined him up for a knockout blow, and now guys target the ball to force the incompletion.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not sure that is a great example, as players eventually adjusted (for the most part).  It was even pointed out earlier today (or second game last night?) when a DB blasted a guy on the ball at the catch.  He pointed out during the replay how in the not too distant past the DB would have lined him up for a knockout blow, and now guys target the ball to force the incompletion.

That may be true, but I also see a lot of helmet to helmet contact with no call, on plays looking eerily similar to ones where players were being ejected left and right for same actions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote