Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Aaron Donald woke up after us pushing him around
So Donald played mediocre in the 1st half in the SB? Then, near the end of the 1st half he gets pushed by a lineman after the play, and decides he wants to show the Bengals they can't lightly push him after the whistle...and takes over?

Meanwhile, the Bengals are double-teaming him in the 1st half to take him out of the game. In the 2nd half, the Rams put 5 guys over the Bengals line so they can't double team him. Effectively putting him 1on1 with a Guard that probably isn't even backup caliber in the NFL.

And fans want to believe the former is the cause and not the latter?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 09:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I’m sure that helped but then also why would Donald say this. Doesn’t matter much now but thought it probably didn’t help to wake someone up like that in the moment. Just gave him an extra shot of adrenaline lol.

It’s a similar thing, don’t think burrow would have had 525 if wink didn’t make those comments lol.

I think that IF the Rams didn't switch strategies in the 2nd half with putting 5 guys on the line, that Donald would have kept being neutralized by the double-team. No matter how mad he was. Raheem Morris woke him up.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 10:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If this is the case, then I’ve lost a little respect for him. He himself said that he has everything but a ring, but yet he needed some shoving to “wake him up?” I just don’t see the GOATs (which many consider him to be over DT) needing motivation mid-game to play harder.

Yeah, someone should tell Donald that was a stupid thing to say. When you say you "woke up" that implies that you were sleeping prior to "waking up." So, Donald, by his own admission, was basically just going through the motions/not playing as hard as he could/etc. Not a good thing to be doing IN THE FRICKIN' SUPER BOWL. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 10:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, someone should tell Donald that was a stupid thing to say. When you say you "woke up" that implies that you were sleeping prior to "waking up." So, Donald, by his own admission, was basically just going through the motions/not playing as hard as he could/etc. Not a good thing to be doing IN THE FRICKIN' SUPER BOWL. 

"I decided to actually try harder after they pushed me after a play."
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 09:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I’m sure that helped but then also why would Donald say this. Doesn’t matter much now but thought it probably didn’t help to wake someone up like that in the moment. Just gave him an extra shot of adrenaline lol.

It’s a similar thing, don’t think burrow would have had 525 if wink didn’t make those comments lol.

Because he want's to make it all about him. That's the kind of guy AD is. Didn't you see him at the parade with his shirt off and on the late night shows drunk as hell? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 11:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Because he want's to make it all about him. That's the kind of guy AD is. Didn't you see him at the parade with his shirt off and on the late night shows drunk as hell? 

Yes. It was really the adjustment. But, the story that they challenged his manhood and he responded sounds better.

If the Rams lost, you don't hear anything about this.

The victors basically get to write history.
Reply/Quote