Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Donald
There are Rumors that if Rams start off slow that the Rams would consider trading him. I would argue that we would make a ton of sense for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 01:14 AM)J24 Wrote: There are Rumors that if Rams start off slow that the Rams would consider trading him. I would argue that we would make a ton of sense for him.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2023/07/06/rams-aaron-donald-trade-deadline-prediction-2023/

Looks like it's just one random dude at Fox stirring the pot and starting this idea. 

Personally, I've had my fill of toxic personalities on this team to last multiple lifetimes.....shit just give me 53 Jon Kitnas....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
If they triple the salary cap, I'd say go for it.
Reply/Quote
He's kind of a turd and he's talked about retiring multiple times over the last couple years. He came back because they offered him silly money, but he was nowhere near as productive and now he's 32.

His being a turd would be glossed over a whole lot less by the national media if he was in Cincinnati vs him being in LA.

- - - - -

Money is actually one of the least concerns with Donald as a trade target. Base salary of $13.5m in 2023 and $10m in 2024 is all someone would pick up. You'd likely have to give up a lot for him draft pick-wise/player-wise, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 06:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's kind of a turd and he's talked about retiring multiple times over the last couple years. He came back because they offered him silly money, but he was nowhere near as productive and now he's 32.

His being a turd would be glossed over a whole lot less by the national media if he was in Cincinnati vs him being in LA.

- - - - -

Money is actually one of the least concerns with Donald as a trade target. Base salary of $13.5m in 2023 and $10m in 2024 is all someone would pick up. You'd likely have to give up a lot for him draft pick-wise/player-wise, though.

All true, in the end I think I would pass. I just don't like the guy after what he did last year in our joint practice.

That was some dirty shit. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 06:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's kind of a turd and he's talked about retiring multiple times over the last couple years. He came back because they offered him silly money, but he was nowhere near as productive and now he's 32.

- - - - -

(07-12-2023, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, in the end I think I would pass. I just don't like the guy after what he did last year in our joint practice.

Y'all crazy if you put Aaron Donald on this defense. We win a championship this season.  
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 01:00 AM)J24 Wrote: Y'all crazy if you put Aaron Donald on this defense. We win a championship this season.  

If it is a 2021 Aaron Donald, sure. 

A 2023 Aaron Donald? Ehhhh...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, in the end I think I would pass. I just don't like the guy after what he did last year in our joint practice.

I watched aa video on youtube I think it was after that practice. I never realized how "dirty" Donald was until then. Man he's done some sleezy crap. I'll pass
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it is a 2021 Aaron Donald, sure. 

You  act like he fell off a cliff. The guy was still productive with little to no help fron his fellow pass Rushers. Pair him with Reader, Ossai, Hubbard, and Hendrickson. He would be living a dream here!
J24

Reply/Quote
I don't think Cincinnati is in a position to pass on a guy who would put us over the top.

Burrow is going to take us to the playoffs for a long time with just a good team in my opinion. You give up some capital to make a team elite and he's going to put us right back in the SB.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If he became available I’d use a 1st and maybe a 2nd.

He could singlehandedly be the reason we win a Super Bowl

With that said idk why the Rams would trade him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 04:03 PM)Housh Wrote: If he became available I’d use a 1st and maybe a 2nd.

He could singlehandedly be the reason we win a Super Bowl

With that said idk why the Rams would trade him

They want Caleb Williams to stay in LA. Apparently everyone is on the trade block including Donald, Kupp, and and Stafford.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it is a 2021 Aaron Donald, sure. 

Yeah and always talking about retiring on top of his play falling off and the fact he wouldn't get away with his dirtiness here I still say pass.

(07-13-2023, 12:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I watched a video on youtube I think it was after that practice. I never realized how "dirty" Donald was until then. Man he's done some sleezy crap. I'll pass

Me neither, never knew he was that bad, then I started paying attention, he has been doing dirty crap for years.

Maybe not as bad as taking 2 helmets to dudes, but still, he wouldn't get away with it here and might become a problem we do not need.
Reply/Quote
I don't think that would be good chemistry for the team, doesn't seem like a fit.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 10:07 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: I don't think that would be good chemistry for the team, doesn't seem like a fit.

I cannot imagine a better fit next to Reader.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 11:22 AM)Housh Wrote: I cannot imagine a better fit next to Reader.

Or BJ Hill on passing downs, but still, it isn't gonna happen. He has his ring that he stole from us, AD is a dirty player bottom line.

That won't fly here or be ignored by the refs.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I watched aa video on youtube I think it was after that practice. I never realized how "dirty" Donald was until then. Man he's done some sleezy crap. I'll pass

Agree
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote