Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Aaron Hernandez
I can't say I'm upset that he killed himself. But it always seems a waste of life whenever someone does.

Of course, he was in prison for life, so if he didn't want to do that, suicide is definitely the easiest way out.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:43 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Seems kind of strange that this man was found innocent of murder charges, and then is found dead in his cell.

I would have thought getting out of jail would be tremendous incentive to live.Perhaps logic is not part of an incarcerated persons thought process.

Any thoughts ?

I think you need to gather all the facts.
Reply/Quote
He was acquitted of a double-homicide from 2012. But he was still serving a life-sentence without parole for the original murder he committed that was non-related..
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:43 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Seems kind of strange that this man was found innocent of murder charges, and then is found dead in his cell.

I would have thought getting out of jail would be tremendous incentive to live.Perhaps logic is not part of an incarcerated persons thought process.

Any thoughts ?

he was still locked up for life from the other murder charge... This was a different case the double homicide.

My thoughts are he saved the tax payers money for years to come.

and we don't have to hear about what a convict is doing in the nfl news anymore.. Double win
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess he's in Tartarus now. Forced to catch balls for no gain until eternity.
Reply/Quote
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/hernandezs-lawyer-thinks-ex-nfl-star-was-murdered/ar-BBA2J0S?li=BBnba9I
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Aaron Hernandez dies an innocent man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/under-massachusetts-aaron-hernandez-suicide-voids-murder-conviction/#comments

Posted by Josh Alper on April 19, 2017, 10:49 AM EDT

AP
Aaron Hernandez was found dead in his prison cell on Wednesday morning after hanging himself using bedsheets and, under Massachusetts law, that means the murder conviction that sent him to prison in the first place has been voided.

Hernandez was still in the process of appealing his 2014 conviction of murdering Odin Lloyd, which means a legal principle dating back to English common law called “abatement ab initio” applies to his case. “Ab initio” translates to “from the beginning” and chief legal counsel to the Massachusetts Bar Association Michael Healy told the Boston Globe that the principle reverts a case to its start if the convicted party dies before the appeals process has concluded.

Healy said that civil proceedings in other cases involving the death of the convicted party were complicated because evidence established in the criminal trial cannot be used to make the civil case.

“Unfortunately, in the Odin Lloyd matter, for the family, there won’t be any real closure,” Healy said. “Aaron Hernandez will go to his death an innocent man.”

Not all states still have “abatement ab initio” on the books and some eliminated it after the death of those convicted in high profile cases. Healy said it would not be surprising if a Massachusetts legislator introduced legislation to eliminate it in the state in light of Hernandez’s suicide.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 10:43 AM)jason Wrote: Says everybody not doing a life sentence.

Well it's not like a disease that Hernandez contracted while the rest of us were fortunate enough not to get.  We aren't doing life sentences because we didn't murder anyone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:53 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think you need to gather all the facts.
You are correct, I was under facted. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 10:12 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: That dude just couldn't stop killing people.

I can't say I'm saddened by this noose.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:50 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I can't say I'm saddened by this noose.  Ninja

What a sheety way to go. 

We can put this story to bed.

His account of the story was a sham anyways.

I guess we can't make blanket assumptions anymore.

The quilt just overwhelmed him.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Cheating the justice system.

Once a Patriot, always a Patriot.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well it's not like a disease that Hernandez contracted while the rest of us were fortunate enough not to get.  We aren't doing life sentences because we didn't murder anyone.

I don't disagree with you. I just don't confuse desperation and cowardice. As another poster pointed out; a slow death from this sorta hanging is not for the meek. I guess some people see a villain's suicide differently than they would any other suicide. You don't normally hear people​ claim that someone who kills them self because they are being bullied are cowards.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

[Image: 17951620_10207188370667035_8827678693234...e=5994666C]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:13 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You hung it out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 10:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: There's nothing brave about rotting away in a prison for the rest of your life. It does take quite a bit of courage to hang yourself slowly like the way he did it.It's not like he dropped 10 feet and snapped his own neck. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jrKXf2G-AA

The only ones I feel for in this are his daughter and family.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I guess he's in Tartarus now. Forced to catch balls for no gain until eternity.

So, he'll be playing for Cleveland?
Reply/Quote
Let's not forget about the family of Odin Lloyd in this.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 11:51 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: Let's not forget about the family of Odin Lloyd in this.

Let's not. I've been seeing a few stories reporting that they may now get paid for their loss.

Per MA law, if you die while under the appeals process, your status is reverted back to what it was when the whole case started. So Aaron Hernandez would have died, if the precedent is true for suicide, a man not convicted of murder seeking an appeal but rather a man merely charged with murder. 

Both the Hernandez estate and Llyod family now have their lawyers looking into if this means the Hernandez estate is now entitled to the base pay of AH's contract and his pension. If so, the Llyod family will likely sue for damages in civil court. 

So Aaron Hernandez's suicide may have been to get his daughter a few million. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 09:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Let's not. I've been seeing a few stories reporting that they may now get paid for their loss.

Per MA law, if you die while under the appeals process, your status is reverted back to what it was when the whole case started. So Aaron Hernandez would have died, if the precedent is true for suicide, a man not convicted of murder seeking an appeal but rather a man merely charged with murder. 

Both the Hernandez estate and Llyod family now have their lawyers looking into if this means the Hernandez estate is now entitled to the base pay of AH's contract and his pension. If so, the Llyod family will likely sue for damages in civil court. 

So Aaron Hernandez's suicide may have been to get his daughter a few million. 

I read that, and it seems backwards to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote