Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Rodgers carted to locker room
The fear is a torn Achilles or lis franc injury. Best case scenario high ankle sprain or severe calf sprain. Regardless odds are he's sidelined at minimum several weeks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would say it’s not Achilles cause he was putting weight on it but then I remember Kobe walked on his and even shot a couple free throws before leaving the game.

I hope it’s just a sprain
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 12:16 AM)basballguy Wrote: I would say it’s not Achilles cause he was putting weight on it but then I remember Kobe walked on his and even shot a couple free throws before leaving the game.

Robert Salah is saying Achilles and it’s “not good”. MRI tomorrow.

I’m honestly bummed for the jets. I was excited to see what he would do with Wilson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 12:16 AM)basballguy Wrote: I would say it’s not Achilles cause he was putting weight on it but then I remember Kobe walked on his and even shot a couple free throws before leaving the game.

In the replays you can see the calf muscle pop which is a typical sign the Achilles went.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:03 PM)pally Wrote: The fear is a torn Achilles or lis franc injury.  Best case scenario high ankle sprain or severe calf sprain.  Regardless odds are he's sidelined at minimum several weeks.

The Jets play KC in three weeks and Cleveland later in the season. I was kind of hoping that with Rogers the Jets might be able to hang losses on those teams that are competitors with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

I remember Leon Hall walking off the field after his Achilles against the Lions (I think it was Clavin Johnson). I was like has to be an ankle if it was an Achilles he wouldn't be walking.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
On the preventive side, the issue of field type has come up. The idea that players want to play on a consistent field from stadium to stadium, meaning the turf.
Reply/Quote

LOL, missing punctuation strikes again.
Reply/Quote
Damn hope its minor or it might be a Career for the great Aaron Rodgers
Reply/Quote
"Just rub some Ayahuasca on it and get back out there!"
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:26 AM)Goalpost Wrote: On the preventive side, the issue of field type has come up.  The idea that players want to play on a consistent field from stadium to stadium, meaning the turf.

Weren't they on their home field?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:31 AM)Nepa Wrote: The Jets play KC in three weeks and Cleveland later in the season. I was kind of hoping that with Rogers the Jets might be able to hang losses on those teams that are competitors with the Bengals.

It can happen, that Jets Defense is crazy good.  5 sacks and forced 4 turnovers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hes out for the Year... Will he come back next year?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mri-confirms-aaron-rodgers-has-complete-tear-of-achilles-tendon
Reply/Quote
Wow that's terrible for the Jets
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I am wondering if Rodgers might call it a career. Achilles rehabs are tough, more so at 40, even more so if you are trying to resume being a professional caliber athlete at 40.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 12:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am wondering if Rodgers might call it a career. Achilles rehabs are tough, more so at 40, even more so if you are trying to resume being a professional caliber athlete at 40.

He has zero left to prove of course, but if he believes that to be true is a different matter.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Kobe did it at 36 and came back....Rodgers is 39.

Far more demanding of an injury in basketball than football in a position that doesn't need to be as mobile.

He'll recover fine. I'm sure he'll be back...maybe he'll milk the retirement talk for a bit like he always does but I don't expect someone of his caliber to retire due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 01:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: Kobe did it at 36 and came back....Rodgers is 39.  

Far more demanding of an injury in basketball than football in a position that doesn't need to be as mobile.

He'll recover fine.  I'm sure he'll be back...maybe he'll milk the retirement talk for a bit like he always does but I don't expect someone of his caliber to retire due to injury.

Kobe was 34 when he tore his. Also, Rodgers will be turning 40 in December. I'd be curious if an athlete of this age has ever decided to come back after a major injury like this (ACL, Achilles). I won't be too surprised if he decides to hang them up.
Reply/Quote
Turf is shit, grass is good.
Reply/Quote