Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Aaron Rodgers for VP
Nothing says serious candidate more than considering 1) a man who hasn't been relevant in over 20 years 2) a NFL QB as you potential Vice-Presidents

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There's a worldwide complete lack of quality politicians ...

That's a terrible time to witness.

#Idiocracy

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, Steph Curry thinks he belongs in politics also.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/stephen-curry-for-president-maybe-says-warriors-star-who-wants-to-leverage-his-influence-for-good/
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:17 PM)pally Wrote: Nothing says serious candidate more than considering 1) a man who hasn't been relevant in over 20 years 2) a NFL QB as you potential Vice-Presidents

Wrestlers do know how to work a microphone  although its been a while for Jesse
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wrestlers do know how to work a microphone  although its been a while for Jesse

How did he even find Jesse?!?!  He's been living off the grid for a decade or more!  

I know because he said it on his podcast.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: How did he even find Jesse?!?!  He's been living off the grid for a decade or more!  

I know because he said it on his podcast.  Mellow

MAybe they are all Workout Buddys
Reply/Quote
This is just absolutely unbelievable.  As if Aaron Rodgers is going to walk away from $66M(?) in the NFL to join a failed 3rd party Presidential bid.  But I guess you never know with Rodgers....

Sure, "serious" candidate.  Although I'm wondering if this isn't a publicity stunt ahead of the actual announcement.  Doesn't seem like people have been talking about Kennedy much lately, but they are now!

I guess Rodgers and Ventura are both "on brand".  At least Ventura as a former governor has relevant experience.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:24 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is just absolutely unbelievable.  As if Aaron Rodgers is going to walk away from $66M(?) in the NFL to join a failed 3rd party Presidential bid.  But I guess you never know with Rodgers....

Sure, "serious" candidate.  Although I'm wondering if this isn't a publicity stunt ahead of the actual announcement.  Doesn't seem like people have been talking about Kennedy much lately, but they are now!

I guess Rodgers and Ventura are both "on brand".  At least Ventura as a former governor has relevant experience.

Who said he has to walk away?

A round of golf takes about as much time as a football game, no? Recent history has a POTUS averaging over 75 rounds of golf per year. Between veteran rest days, bye week, etc Rodgers will be fine. 

LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought Rodgers had a fairly decent sized portion of the population who doesn’t like him.

Bad choice if you are trying to win.

I guess if we had a major catastrophe he would have to take acid and go on a spiritual journey darkness retreat for a week or something to figure out how to proceed?
Reply/Quote
Well, there is still a chance Trump asks Burrow to be his VP, after all.

But seriously, there is a 0% chance they win so he can just say "Sure, I'm his VP" and then just continue his normal daily activities.  Add in that campaigning today merely involves going on various podcasts and complaining, and Aaron is already being a political force.  And yes, the Jets' message board has some amusingly long threads about this where they seem to assume he's going to start threatening to retire and cause a ruckus as soon as they draft a QB despite his assertions that he could play another 4 years.

Side note, every time RFK talks I'm amazed at how unelectable his voice sounds.  Despite Biden and Trump being the nominees for 2024 and "health" being at the top of our minds, RFK sounds like he's on death's doorstep when he opens his mouth.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Add in that campaigning today merely involves going on various podcasts and complaining, and Aaron is already being a political force.

Side note, every time RFK talks I'm amazed at how unelectable his voice sounds.  Despite Biden and Trump being the nominees for 2024 and "health" being at the top of our minds, RFK sounds like he's on death's doorstep when he opens his mouth.

Hilarious

I'm still wondering if who will win the election will basically be "which 80-year-old can handle the rigors of a massive campaigning effort and all the drugs that will be injected into them to keep up with it without dying?"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hilarious

I'm still wondering if who will win the election will basically be "which 80-year-old can handle the rigors of a massive campaigning effort and all the drugs that will be injected into them to keep up with it without dying?"

I can tell you that my mindset is "Which demented old fossil is most likely to listen to someone with a functioning brain" and the answer is Biden.  Trump never admits that he is wrong or misspoke, so I feel like if he accidentally said "I'm going to nuke Ohio" he'd actually go through with it rather than admit that he didn't mean to say it.

"We're gonna nuke Ohio and make it...uhghlll......*orgasm sound*"
Reply/Quote
Add tv host Mike Rowe to RFK's short list for VP. Rowe is a big Trump supporter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote