Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Rodgers to the Jets
"The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first round pick (No. 15 overall) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13 overall), a 2023 second round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-ro0und pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36282465/sources-packers-trade-aaron-rodgers-jets-multiple-picks
Reply/Quote
Not a bad deal at all for the Jets. A swap of first rounders (dropping from 13 to 15), a second rounder, a conditional second rounder, among others. Buffalo all of a sudden finds itself in a tough division and Kansas City also has to play the Jets and East Division.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not a bad deal at all for the Jets. A swap of first rounders (dropping from 13 to 15), a second rounder, a conditional second rounder, among others. Buffalo all of a sudden finds itself in a tough division and Kansas City also has to play the Jets and East Division.

Also good cap deal for next 2 years as Packers paying a ton of dead money.

Now the question becomes is Rodgers still a top 10 QB. I think he is and this makes Jets contenders. The Bills, Dolphins and Pats will have their hands full game planning Rodgers. Nut I do wonder if Jets will have to sacrifice talent to get under the cap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Yeah, good deal for the Jets. Will be weird seeing Rodgers in New York and the Packers with a new QB.

Who is the Packers QB now? Love?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, good deal for the Jets. Will be weird seeing Rodgers in New York and the Packers with a new QB.

Who is the Packers QB now? Love?

As of now, yes Love.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also good cap deal for next 2 years as Packers paying a ton of dead money.

Now the question becomes is Rodgers still a top 10 QB. I think he is and this makes Jets contenders. The Bills, Dolphins and Pats will have their hands full game planning Rodgers. Nut I do wonder if Jets will have to sacrifice talent to get under the cap.

I wonder though he was noticeably worse last year albeit still very good, but now he’s on a completely new team. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has one of his worst years. Not saying he will but I could see it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 07:36 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I wonder though he was noticeably worse last year albeit still very good, but now he’s on a completely new team. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has one of his worst years. Not saying he will but I could see it.

He basically had to break in rookie WRs last year lol...

Jets team right now is much more complete than Green bay has been the last few years.   

I expect him to play for Minnesota Next lol
Reply/Quote
Rodgers better do something with all those damn weapons he has.
Wilson, Lazard, Hardman, Davis at WR.
Hall, Carter, Johnson at RB.
Conklin, Uzomah at TE.
No excuse now, A-A-Ron.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote