Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio Jones traded to Titans
Everyone knew Julio Jones was on the trading block. It appears the Titans are acquiring him via a trade that either involves a 2nd and 5th round pick or a 2nd round pick and a pick swap.

https://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-falcons-nearing-deal-to-trade-wr-julio-jones-to-titans/

I think the Titans don't have the free cap space right now to take on his 15 million 2021 salary. So it will be interesting to see how they work that out and if Julio works a new deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Titans got away with a steal here IMO. Only a 2nd and a 5th? Those picks in theory will be late in those rounds too.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 05:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Titans got away with a steal here IMO. Only a 2nd and a 5th? Those picks in theory will be late in those rounds too.

Not really, they have that $15m salary to contend with, and that puts them currently over the cap, right?  But, I'm sure that they'll wiggle the numbers around and make it work.  Titans now back in the running to contend in AFC.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really, they have that $15m salary to contend with, and that puts them currently over the cap, right?  But, I'm sure that they'll wiggle the numbers around and make it work.  Titans now back in the running to contend in AFC.

Yeah they only have like 3 million in cap space before the trade.  Apparently they could restructure most his base pay into a signing bonus and spreading it over the remainder of his contract according to this article.  

https://nfltraderumors.co/titans-discussing-contract-alterations-with-julio-jones/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Oh and yeah I think that shows the Titans are going all in for this year. Close to the cap and trading for one of the best WRs in the league if he can stay healthy and complimenting A. J. Brown. Toss in Derrick Henry who is probably the best RB in the NFL opponents are going to have a lot to plan for.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Final deal is: Atlanta gets Tennessee’s second-round pick in 2022 and fourth-round pick in 2023. The Titans get Jones and Atlanta’s sixth-round pick in 2023.

Not a bad deal for the Titans if they can manage their cap space and Julio stays healthy.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 07:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Oh and yeah I think that shows the Titans are going all in for this year.   Close to the cap and trading for one of the best WRs in the league if he can stay healthy and complimenting A. J. Brown.  Toss in Derrick Henry who is probably the best RB in the NFL opponents are going to have a lot to plan for.

Those Colts/Titans games are going to be very impactful this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's certainly a steal, Tennessee is a good team with probably the best Belichick disciple as thei head coach.

But to play the pessimist......raise your hand if you genuinely believe that you'll ever hear the words "Ryan Tannehill, Super Bowl Champ" in the same sentence.
Reply/Quote
Glad he didn’t go to Baltimore.

Reply/Quote
I think everyone is a winner here. Atlanta converts an expensive, older receiver into a few pretty valuable picks while clearing much needed cap space right before they start rebuilding their team around younger players like Pitts and Ridley, Tennessee gets an aging but still effective receiver to make their Super Bowl push before Derrick Henry falls apart (as the vast majority of RBs do) at age 30 and Julio gets to end his career playing for a contender. He might even get a new contract out of the deal if it'll lower his AAV (perhaps increasing its net worth). And, most importantly, he didn't go to the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad he didn’t go to Baltimore.

Not like Lamar could get him the ball anyway... I kid. I like the guy, but I think he's holding some guys development back. Not my problem though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote