Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tebow Coming Back?
Saw on ESPN that the Jags are expected to sign Tebow as a TE to a 1-year deal. Feels to me like Meyer is just living in the past with this move. Tebow is into his 30s, hasn't played ball in 6 years and didn't play any TE in at least his college and pro years, so it's not just he's just dusting off a position he excelled in. He's a competitor, so I'm sure he'll make it interesting if this happens, but this guy just doesn't know when the hang up the cleats for good.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31422193/jacksonville-jaguars-expected-sign-tim-tebow-tight-end-source-says
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 08:12 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Saw on ESPN that the Jags are expected to sign Tebow as a TE to a 1-year deal.  Feels to me like Meyer is just living in the past with this move.  Tebow is into his 30s, hasn't played ball in 6 years and didn't play any TE in at least his college and pro years, so it's not just he's just dusting off a position he excelled in.  He's a competitor, so I'm sure he'll make it interesting if this happens, but this guy just doesn't know when the hang up the cleats for good.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31422193/jacksonville-jaguars-expected-sign-tim-tebow-tight-end-source-says

seems like the players in the Jag's locker room aren't exactly happy about it.
Reply/Quote
I’m out here in jacksonville and honestly a lot of people out here think it’s ********. Tebow won’t even make it outa camp. Jacksonville has awful depth at tight end but this is more a pr stunt than anything and I personally think it looks bad on urben u come in and then bring Tebow with you. This the nfl dude WAKE UP.
Btw huge Tebow fan. But I would’ve never signed him. I’m a big fan of my wife too but I ain’t signing her to a contract cuz of it. It’s just dumb dumb dumb
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 10:38 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m out here in jacksonville and honestly a lot of people out here think it’s ********. Tebow won’t even make it outa camp. Jacksonville has awful depth at tight end but this is more a pr stunt than anything and I personally think it looks bad on urben u come in and then bring Tebow with you. This the nfl dude WAKE UP.
Btw huge Tebow fan. But I would’ve never signed him. I’m a big fan of my wife too but I ain’t signing her to a contract cuz of it. It’s just dumb dumb dumb

It can't be that dumb if Bengals fans and fans across the country are talking about it. There's no such thing as bad publicity... Especially for a team with a small fan base.

It is a dog and pony move though....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I just assumed he was brought in because he knew the Urban Meyer playbook. Maybe he should have just hired him as a coach or consultant.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I just assumed he was brought in because he knew the Urban Meyer playbook. Maybe he should have just hired him as a coach or consultant.

Well Tebow is probly in better shape at whatever age he is now than some of the rookies coming into the league lol..  Dude does take care of himself. 

As long as they dont let him throw the ball lol
Reply/Quote
This a PR stunt. Tebow won’t make it out of camp. I judge Urben on this. Very dumb move
Reply/Quote
I was living in Colorado when Tebow helmed QB for the Broncos and beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. I fully admit, Tebow is easy to root for and I'm interested in following how this works out at TE for him with the Jags.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:58 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: This a PR stunt.  Tebow won’t make it out of camp.  I judge Urben on this.  Very dumb move

I would never hire Urban. Dude's done quit on two teams.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 01:55 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would never hire Urban. Dude's done quit on two teams.

Facts
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:57 PM)jason Wrote: It can't be that dumb if Bengals fans and fans across the country are talking about it. There's no such thing as bad publicity... Especially for a team with a small fan base.

It is a dog and pony move though....

Lol no such thing as bad publicity? So when ray rice knocked out his girl (not bad publicity right smh) and everyone was talking about...... it wasn’t that dumb of a move cuz every fan of every team across the country is talking about it lmao no bro. This a dumb ass move. It’s a piss pour move. But with all that being said I love Tebow and what he represents. I’ve been to three of his Tebow events here at TPC sawgrass. The guys incredible. But he’s no nfl tight end. This is a dumb move. There are good nfl caliber tight ends available in FA but instead u sign Tebow off the couch to play a position in which he has never played before at the highest level of competition there is. This is a DUMB move no matter which way u wanna sugar it. I’m just glad us... a tight end needy team didn’t make this bonehead move.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 10:37 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol no such thing as bad publicity?  So when ray rice knocked out his girl (not bad publicity right smh) and everyone was talking about...... it wasn’t that dumb of a move cuz every fan of every team across the country is talking about it lmao no bro.  This a dumb ass move.  It’s a piss pour move.  But with all that being said I love Tebow and what he represents.  I’ve been to three of his Tebow events here at TPC sawgrass.  The guys incredible.  But he’s no nfl tight end.  This is a dumb move.  There are good nfl caliber tight ends available in FA but instead u sign Tebow off the couch to play a position in which he has never played before at the highest level of competition there is.  This is a DUMB move no matter which way u wanna sugar it.  I’m just glad us... a tight end needy team didn’t make this bonehead move.

definately should piss off any capable TE still sitting in Free Agency

But teams can hire who they want... And the Jags think this will sell tickets i guess
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 10:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: definately should piss off any capable TE still sitting in Free Agency

But teams can hire who they want... And the Jags think this will sell tickets i guess

I don’t think after drafting Trevor Lawrence first overall there was gonna any empty seats left . there are zero empty seats that are now gonna be filled cuz Tebow was signed. It’s like putting fake tits on a super model who already has D’s. Completely unnecessary. And dumb. And not gonna bring any more attention then there already was.
Reply/Quote
1. "Tight End" is only a label. He'll likely play H-back and/or run a set of Wildcat plays for goal line and short yardage.

2. Tebow was incredible in that role with Denver. Went overall 9-7 as starter with close to 1000 yards rushing and 12 TDs rush TDs. Despite the low completion %, he also made a ton of plays passing the ball.

3. He knows the offense and can help Lawrence learn it.

4. He can also serve as a free 3rd string QB.

I see a lot to like about the move. The media will try to make it a circus though, because I don't think they like what Tebow represents. So we'll see if Urban actually thinks the value outweighs the media circus.

Imo, that's why they put out word that they're interested, but they haven't signed him yet. They're gauging how bad the circus will be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Lol, you pour liquid from a vessel.  The only thing piss poor around here, is your mastery of the English language.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote