Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Abbot does it again
Sends bus loads of migrants to the VP's home for a political stunt.

This time on Christmas Eve.

I'm old enough to remember when I was told, here on these very boards, that republicans are winning over the Hispanics vote because they really care about them, as opposed to Democrats who use them as a political toy.  Yet here we are.

There are groups ready to handle such busses...but rather than work together Abbot and DeSantis choose to play games with human beings for political points.

It's disgusting.

The right can stop telling us that we are a "Christian" nation and posting bible verses.  What is in their heart is what matters and their actions show it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Luckily for Abbot, Matthew was full of crap.

On a cultural note I have to assume GOP Christianity like this has got to be a great recruiting tool for atheism. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Funny how these people read books and attend church to save a soul they don't have.

Pityful unempathetic move.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I find it a bit puzzling how conservatives talk about how many violent criminals are swarming over the border and then you see a busload of illegals specifically packed up by DeSantis or Abbot arrive and a bunch of women and children get out.  You have to wonder why they aren't packing up that legion of frothing, fentanyl-laced rapists to DC to tear Kamala to pieces, or something.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it a bit puzzling how conservatives talk about how many violent criminals are swarming over the border and then you see a busload of illegals specifically packed up by DeSantis or Abbot arrive and a bunch of women and children get out.  You have to wonder why they aren't packing up that legion of frothing, fentanyl-laced rapists to DC to tear Kamala to pieces, or something.

Busy “stopping talking sexual stuff in schools”
Reply/Quote
Clearly what Abbott is doing is working if it finally got Biden down here to visit the border. Hopefully something positive will come of the visit.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:44 AM)basballguy Wrote: Clearly what Abbott is doing is working if it finally got Biden down here to visit the border.  Hopefully something positive will come of the visit.

You have to wonder if this is going to be a common political tactic, going forward.  I feel like we could have forced Reagan to deal with the AIDS crisis if democrats would have bussed everyone with AIDS to DC, for example.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You have to wonder if this is going to be a common political tactic, going forward.  I feel like we could have forced Reagan to deal with the AIDS crisis if democrats would have bussed everyone with AIDS to DC, for example.

Lol why stop there? Might as well round up people based on religion Ninja

Seriously though, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being a continuous escalation by each side until something tragic happens
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:32 PM)basballguy Wrote: Lol why stop there?  Might as well round up people based on religion Ninja

Seriously though, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being a continuous escalation by each side until something tragic happens

The most tragic thing is people praising Abbot and DeSantis for doing this stuff, in addition to the fact that they've already done it with immigrants who are in the process of coming here legally.

It's almost like conservatives see a bunch of people get off a bus and assume they're dangerous illegals based upon how they look!

Side note, when I was in high school my buddies and I were in a Chinese place downtown getting some food and one of the local rednecks who was walking by opened the door and yelled "Pearl Harbor!" and walked away looking pretty damn proud of himself.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it a bit puzzling how conservatives talk about how many violent criminals are swarming over the border and then you see a busload of illegals specifically packed up by DeSantis or Abbot arrive and a bunch of women and children get out.  You have to wonder why they aren't packing up that legion of frothing, fentanyl-laced rapists to DC to tear Kamala to pieces, or something.

Mexico wasn't sending us their best, I've been told. 

But maybe DeSantis and Abbot ARE sending their best North,
which shows their deep ethical concern about immigrants as human beings

--don't use the bad ones as human pawns, only the most sympathetic.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:44 AM)basballguy Wrote: Clearly what Abbott is doing is working if it finally got Biden down here to visit the border.  Hopefully something positive will come of the visit.

Is there evidence of a cause/effect relation there?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:32 PM)basballguy Wrote: Lol why stop there?  Might as well round up people based on religion Ninja

I'll be very surprised if "both sides" do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:59 PM)Dill Wrote: Is there evidence of a cause/effect relation there?

There is a possible cause/effect between DeSantis and Abbot spending state funding on these political stunts and then asking for federal money to handle more mundane issues in their states.

Why should my taxes go to people on welfare who want to buy lobster?  Also, why should my taxes go to Florida and Texas when they want to blow money bussing immigrants all over for social media clout?
Reply/Quote