Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Abbott has me rolling in the aisle laughing
(04-13-2022, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I could give a flip about the cost of avocados. Increase the heck out of these inspections, stop the fentanyl and human trafficking the left seems to love.

Stopping the fentanyl and human trafficking is a lot easier said than done. The U.S. has a mammoth appetite for drugs and I don't think the fentanyl issue is going to be stopped unless the U.S. does something homegrown. What that looks like, I am not sure. Sweeping drug reform would be necessary IMO. Fent is such a problem because the producers can make their batches potent with less resources. The human trafficking aspect of it is often linked closely with the drugs, like fent/heroin etc. 

I really don't think those problems will stop until the drug issue is resolved here in the states. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How so, the Biden Adminstration let them in. Abbott is just giving them a ride out of state. Did you read the article? These people were released from Federal Custody and dropped off in Austin for Texas to deal with. Texas just said "you need a lift, we have busses going to the nation's Capital"

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot the law says 'unless it's for political theater, then it's all cool bro lulz'.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Like say.... Texas? Oh wait, the state is now supposed to take care of them, right?

Or he could've sent the bus into like say...Mexico.

I think there's a couple words for that - legal deportation (as opposed to the illegal trafficking of illegals that he's guilty of by his own admission).
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Like say.... Texas? Oh wait, the state is now supposed to take care of them, right?

It's always easy for someone to say this because they're not in their backyard. Bottom line, if Bidens policies entice immigrants to come here, then he can take care of them. Send them to the White House. I mean seriously, when's the last time you invited people to visit your neighbors without their approval?

I'm not against immigration when done correctly.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, it has been a problem for decades. Trump had it under control, Biden opened the floodgates. If you are denying that you are delusional.

You personally posted an article that outlined illegals raping American women during the Trump years.  

(04-13-2022, 06:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As opposed to sending them somewhere where they're more likely to harm conservatives or the children of conservatives??? Which you seem to be super cool with.

I try not to base my viewpoints on whether or not something is wrong based upon the political affiliation of the victim.  That's becoming quite the rare thing these days, it seems. 

But hey, it's a free country so if you want to roll in the aisles at the thoughts of illegals harming liberals and their kids then have at it.  Laughter is the music of the soul, and all that. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I could give a flip about the cost of avocados. Increase the heck out of these inspections, stop the fentanyl and human trafficking the left seems to love.

Yeah...ho cares about the price of food going up?

oh...wait.  It's Biden's fault anyway.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 07:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Or he could've sent the bus into like say...Mexico.

I think there's a couple words for that - legal deportation (as opposed to the illegal trafficking of illegals that he's guilty of by his own admission).

Legal deportation is a Federal issue, remember? Giving someone a ride across country is a favor.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 07:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You personally posted an article that outlined illegals raping American women during the Trump years.  

I try not to base my viewpoints on whether or not something is wrong based upon the political affiliation of the victim.  That's becoming quite the rare thing these days, it seems. 

But hey, it's a free country so if you want to roll in the aisles at the thoughts of illegals harming liberals and their kids then have at it.  Laughter is the music of the soul, and all that. 

Nice deflection. I said up front it's been a problem for decades. Trump had the numbers way down, Biden's opened the floodgates. And yes, liberals don't care that the conservative states in the south are getting overrun, but they sure get pissy when it comes to their neighborhood. I want the border secure, but if the Dems are going to leave it open then yes, the Democrat controlled cities need to host them. As for the rapes, remember all the criticism when he said rapists were  coming across? Rapey.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nice deflection. I said up front it's been a problem for decades. Trump had the numbers way down, Biden's opened the floodgates. And yes, liberals don't care that the conservative states in the south are getting overrun, but they sure get pissy when it comes to their neighborhood. I want the border secure, but if the Dems are going to leave it open then yes, the Democrat controlled cities need to host them

Divided we stand, eh?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah...ho cares about the price of food going up?

oh...wait.  It's Biden's fault anyway.   Mellow

Bread has gone from 99 cents to $ 3.50 here. Eggs are now almost 5 dollars a dozen. Yeah, I'm not concerned stopping and inspecting trucks might cause the price of an avocado to go up.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Legal deportation is a Federal issue, remember? Giving someone a ride across country is a favor.

Giving illegals a ride across the country is a felony. Or are you one of them who thinks it's okay for your party's politicians to break the law so long as they do it to OwN tHe LiBz LuLz?

I'm glad you think the laws of our country being broken is a laughing matter though. THE PARTY OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY, EVERYONE.
Reply/Quote
You think any political abuser using human beings for a political stunt is hilarious ?
It tells a lot more about you than anything else.
You have the idols you deserve.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 09:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Giving illegals a ride across the country is a felony. Or are you one of them who thinks it's okay for your party's politicians to break the law so long as they do it to OwN tHe LiBz LuLz?

I'm glad you think the laws of our country being broken is a laughing matter though. THE PARTY OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY, EVERYONE.

Completely false. These "illegals" were already processed and released by the Feds. They are free to disappear anywhere they want to until their court date sometime in the next 10 years. Nothing illegal about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 10:28 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: You think any political abuser using human beings for a political stunt is hilarious ?
It tells a lot more about you than anything else.
You have the idols you deserve.

Explain how giving them a ride to DC is any more abuse than dumping them in a Texas city? I know most reasonable people do not want to be in Democrat run cities, but abuse?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Completely false. These "illegals" were already processed and released by the Feds. They are free to disappear anywhere they want to until their court date sometime in the next 10 years. Nothing illegal about it.

So they're still illegal immigrants who were illegally transported across state lines by a state governor's order. That's still trafficking, that's still illegal, and it's still clear as day that you don't care about laws being willfully broken by the GoP so long as they stick it to ole' Brandon in DC.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 12:06 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So they're still illegal immigrants who were illegally transported across state lines by a state governor's order. That's still trafficking, that's still illegal, and it's still clear as day that you don't care about laws being willfully broken by the GoP so long as they stick it to ole' Brandon in DC.

Calling something you don't like illegal doesn't make it illegal. The Federal Govt. processed them and released them. They are free to go anywhere they want. What you are saying is if an illegal, who has already been released in Texas takes a taxi into Oklahoma it's a crime??? What about ol' Biden's middle of the night flights taking them into other states. Those airline pilots are certainly culpable under your guise. To me they are breaking laws for being here, but if Joe says they can stay, they are as free to move about as you or I. Your position is laughable. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Calling something you don't like illegal doesn't make it illegal. The Federal Govt. processed them and released them. They are free to go anywhere they want. What you are saying is if an illegal, who has already been released in Texas takes a taxi into Oklahoma it's a crime??? What about ol' Biden's middle of the night flights taking them into other states. Those airline pilots are certainly culpable under your guise. To me they are breaking laws for being here, but if Joe says they can stay, they are as free to move about as you or I. Your position is laughable. 

Are you genuinely comparing an American citizen flying to knowingly moving illegal aliens across state lines and then have the lack of foresight to call my position laughable?

I wanna let you in on a secret - breaking the law is still breaking the law even if it's an elected official doing it. Now I know the last few years have called that into question with the GOP showing a ridiculous lack of back bone, but it's still true. Now you may find it hilarious that Abbot is playing his little political theater and spitting in the face of the laws of the land (laws he's sworn to uphold, mind you), but I don't find our elected officials making a mockery of our country funny.

Then again, comedy is subjective.

Edit: because I know you can't be bothered:

Domestic Transporting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.

Knowledge -- Prosecutions for alien smuggling, 8 U.S.C. §  1324(a)(1)(A)(i) require proof that defendant knew that the person brought to the United States was an alien. With regard to the other violations in 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a), proof of knowledge or reckless disregard of alienage is sufficient.

Penalties -- The basic statutory maximum penalty for violating 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(i) and (v)(I) (alien smuggling and conspiracy) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both. With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years. In addition, significant enhanced penalties are provided for in violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1) involving serious bodily injury or placing life in jeopardy. Moreover, if the violation results in the death of any person, the defendant may be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years. The basic penalty for a violation of subsection 1324(a)(2) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(A). Enhanced penalties are provided for violations involving bringing in criminal aliens, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i), offenses done for commercial advantage or private financial gain, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(ii), and violations where the alien is not presented to an immigration officer immediately upon arrival, 8 U.S.C. §  1324(a)(2)(B)(iii). A mandatory minimum three year term of imprisonment applies to first or second violations of § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i) or (B)(ii). Further enhanced punishment is provided for third or subsequent offenses.
Reply/Quote
Wasnt the federal government flying and bussing illegals to other states and dropping them off even though they are illegals...
Reply/Quote
I'm sure many of them are appreciative of the free ride. In Republican land, every illegal wants to live in Texas and has no relatives in any other state so this is an inconvenience for them and Biden. In reality, this is saving many of them them and their relatives on transportation costs and helps them get a head start on a new life. Way to go Republicans.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 03:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Are you genuinely comparing an American citizen flying to knowingly moving illegal aliens across state lines and then have the lack of foresight to call my position laughable?

I wanna let you in on a secret - breaking the law is still breaking the law even if it's an elected official doing it. Now I know the last few years have called that into question with the GOP showing a ridiculous lack of back bone, but it's still true. Now you may find it hilarious that Abbot is playing his little political theater and spitting in the face of the laws of the land (laws he's sworn to uphold, mind you), but I don't find our elected officials making a mockery of our country funny.

Then again, comedy is subjective.

Edit: because I know you can't be bothered:

Domestic Transporting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.

Knowledge -- Prosecutions for alien smuggling, 8 U.S.C. §  1324(a)(1)(A)(i) require proof that defendant knew that the person brought to the United States was an alien. With regard to the other violations in 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a), proof of knowledge or reckless disregard of alienage is sufficient.

Penalties -- The basic statutory maximum penalty for violating 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(i) and (v)(I) (alien smuggling and conspiracy) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both. With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years. In addition, significant enhanced penalties are provided for in violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1) involving serious bodily injury or placing life in jeopardy. Moreover, if the violation results in the death of any person, the defendant may be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years. The basic penalty for a violation of subsection 1324(a)(2) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(A). Enhanced penalties are provided for violations involving bringing in criminal aliens, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i), offenses done for commercial advantage or private financial gain, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(ii), and violations where the alien is not presented to an immigration officer immediately upon arrival, 8 U.S.C. §  1324(a)(2)(B)(iii). A mandatory minimum three year term of imprisonment applies to first or second violations of § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i) or (B)(ii). Further enhanced punishment is provided for third or subsequent offenses.

Dude, you are way overstretching to attempt to make your invalid point. First, where did I even mention an American Citizen? What I said is if the bus driver is culpable, so are the airline pilots flying them to different states. And secondly, you're whole linked statute you went to the effort to post is not applicable because they have.... and let me type this slower so you can comprehend.... ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED BY THE FEDERAL  GOVERNMENT AND RELEASED in Texas and given and new I-Phone as a welcome gift. They are now free to come and go as they please until their court date. The Federal Government, who oversees immigration, says they can go where they want. Did you not see the welcoming officials in DC shaking their hands and sending them on their way after checking their bracelets that they have been processed? You just don't like it.
Reply/Quote