Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Burfict
I don't like Burfict either, but this defense needs him back along with Preston Brown in there.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
His play diagnosis is the best I've ever seen. Based on the formation and the first step of the offensive players he is on the move to where the play will end up.
Reply/Quote
For 2017 PFF rated him as the 11th best LB in the league out of 129 qualifying LBs. Take PFF for what it's worth...but yea he is pretty good lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 02:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: His play diagnosis is the best I've ever seen.  Based on the formation and the first step of the offensive players he is on the move to where the play will end up.

Razor sharp in that department......dude's a stud.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 02:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: His play diagnosis is the best I've ever seen.  Based on the formation and the first step of the offensive players he is on the move to where the play will end up.

He does pretty well in that department. Best we've ever had as far as that talent goes.

If I remember correctly, weren't we trying to put him at MLB last year, causing some issues for him? I'm guessing he will go back to OLB with Preston holding down the middle.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 02:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I don't like Burfict either, but this defense needs him back along with Preston Brown in there.

While our young linebackers have stepped in and done well so far;  I expect to see a more formidable presence from Burfict & Preston Brown once they get some playing time together.

It should be a noticeable Boost...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:10 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm just not quite sure about this anymore though.. I remember him returning fat and out of shape last time. I think he's a Tier 2 or Tier 3 LB, IMO.

Definitely agree with him being better than what we have out there now. I just see a lot of posts about Burfict being a game changer once he comes back, and I just think he's an upgrade more than anything else. I think there is also value in not having players that will draw more attention on your ENTIRE defense from the refs. Burfict draws a quick trigger on the entire defense because of his style.

What? Are our current outside linebackers 4th tier to you?  O that guy is like the 96th best in the league to me? Come on.

(09-18-2018, 01:18 PM)grampahol Wrote: He can still be the dominant LBer, but. .he absolutely has to clean up his style of play or he'll be a liability. His mama and papa had sex a few years too late.

99% of the time you make no sense. Then when you do make some meaningful post, you tag on an absurd comment. How does his family's love life have anything to do with the football team's unofficial forum?  And that is rhetorical, I wish this goes no further.

(09-18-2018, 02:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Anyone who questions Burficts impact hasn't watched enough Bengals games. I'm super excited to get him back.

Will he fit Austin's defense? Ofcourse he will. He causes fumbles, INTs and Defensive TDs all the time!

+1.  We needed Burfict. We play in the AFC North. Our players got injured from Pittsburgh hits WAY too often.  We were getting beat up. Then Burfict stepped in and we had that defense that hit and hit. And now everyone knows Cincinnati's defense and Burfict is a water cooler topic.  Behind the scenes Zim was amazing, but no one talks about specific coaches unless it's your team.  Burfict was the face of change for the Bengals* and an absolute steal as a UDFA. 

*I have never lived in Ohio. And I have always been a Bengals fan. It is nice that people actually know our players and actually talk about the Bengals. I constantly hear... Oh he is this and that. But people don't understand, no one cared before he got in there and smacked a few ppl.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:26 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Drugs are bad.   Tier 2 or tier 3 are you trying to troll.   Burfict is the best linebacker to ever play in a Bengals uniform.  Because his bad reputation he doesn’t get elected to pro bowls.  The way he plays he’s gonna miss a Game or two every year.  There’s a big difference when he makes a tackle versus anyone else.  You can ever hear the difference from the tv.

Burfict is good - don't know about best.  Odell was good before his demise.  Reggie Williams was really good too!
Reply/Quote
Believe Vigil has played real well this season.

Can not wait to see Burfict, Brown, and Vigil patrolling out there together.

But do not like how he has a target on his back and could get suspended at any moment.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Vigil has played real well this season.

But do not like how he has a target on his back and could get suspended at any moment.

You are right - he is a marked man.  Like I said before - if that was Jerry Porter or Ray Lewis  - that would just be good aggressive football and the media would try and give them man of the year awards.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 03:32 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 99% of the time you make no sense. Then when you do make some meaningful post, you tag on an absurd comment. How does his family's love life have anything to do with the football team's unofficial forum?  And that is rhetorical, I wish this goes no further.

Grampahol was simply pointing out that Burfict's rough and tumble style of play may have fit better in say the 1980's rather than the current time period due to New rules to protect players leading to penalties. Hence the conceived and born earlier humor.

Don't cramp the Gramp's style...   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:26 PM)depthchart Wrote: Grampahol was simply pointing out that Burfict's rough and tumble style of play may have fit better in say the 1980's rather than the current time period due to New rules to protect players leading to penalties. Hence the conceived and born earlier humor.

Don't cramp the Gramp's style...   Tongue

That is completely unclear. And how is one supposed to extrapolate that from....

He is good. He needs to clean up his play. Mom and dad sex.... ????
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:35 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: That is completely unclear. And how is one supposed to extrapolate that from....

He is good. He needs to clean up his play. Mom and dad sex.... ????

It is quite clear.

Grampahol said Burfict had to Clean Up his style of play or he would be a Liability.  (ie: Get Penalties)

Then mom and dad had sex a few years too late.  (ie: had they done it years earlier Burfict would have played in a different era with less rules)

Just have to be used to Grampahol's wit...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Vigil has played real well this season.

That's the thing Burfict will have to understand from his first snap, giant target on him.

He did something even close to the Willims hit they'd have him drawn and quartered !

And yes Burfict will instantly change this D for the better.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the thing Burfict will have to understand from his first snap, giant target on him.

He did something even close to the Willims hit they'd have him drawn and quartered !

And yes Burfict will instantly change this D for the better.

Brings up an interesting point...

Does anyone know the "punishments?"  After a 1, 2, 4 game suspension... what's next? What are we potentially looking at here with him and another violation? Fines are a gimme, but would we see him suspended for another 4 games? Is that possible (outside of Goodell's personal crusades)? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:51 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Brings up an interesting point...

Does anyone know the "punishments?"  After a 1, 2, 4 game suspension... what's next? What are we potentially looking at here with him and another violation? Fines are a gimme, but would we see him suspended for another 4 games? Is that possible (outside of Goodell's personal crusades)? 

He will be banished to $hitsburgh for the remainder of the year.
Reply/Quote

Burficts current suspension is for PED use not dirty hits.

But he would not be a first time offender in that area either.
Reply/Quote

I'm not sure ? The judge, jury, and executioner aka Goodell seems to make the rules up as he goes.
Reply/Quote
How good is Burfict when he's healthy?

He's about to take this defense from pretty good, to super bowl level. I firmly believe that. Point out the weaknesses of this D once 55 is running around the middle of the field. He will be used to blitz more often in Austins D too, and he's a tremendous pass rusher when given the chance. If the D stays healthy...watch out
Reply/Quote
Can’t wait to get 55 back. This defense is giving up a lot of points (and isn’t very good stopping teams on 3rd downs). We need him.

And for the record I’m in the camp that thinks Tez is the GOAT as far as Bengals LBers go.

Reply/Quote