Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
About quoting old threads, in draft discussions..
Alright draftniks, your time of the year is upon us, once again. It recently came to our attention how important it is in your rating processes, to reference threads from the previous draft season.

As everyone certainly is aware of by now, it was added to the CoC this past year that digging up old threads for the purpose of showing someone how "wrong" they were is now subject to disciplinary action by the staff. However, taking the intricacies of talent evaluation into account, we're willing to allow a little flexibility in the rule.

For the purpose of draft related conversation, we're going to allow the quoting of old threads. BUT, please try to keep the emphasis on proving/showing YOUR feelings about a given player, player's ratings, stats, achievements, etc. DO NOT use this as an opportunity to "throw something in someone's face", or exercise any other sort of malicious intent. AND, by all means DO NOT simply post a quote in a year old thread, in order to "bring it back to life". That will certainly result in locking of said "old thread", and possibly result in a disciplinary action by the staff.

For those of you that aren't feeling proficient with the abilities of the quote function? There are several self help and question and answer threads on such topics, and you can always ask around. Most members are willing to freely share their knowledge and advice. With that said; Let's get on with draft season! ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alright draftniks, your time of the year is upon us, once again.  It recently came to our attention how important it is in your rating processes, to reference threads from the previous draft season.

As everyone certainly is aware of by now, it was added to the CoC this past year that digging up old threads for the purpose of showing someone how "wrong" they were is now subject to disciplinary action by the staff.  However, taking the intricacies of talent evaluation into account, we're willing to allow a little flexibility in the rule.

For the purpose of draft related conversation, we're going to allow the quoting of old threads.  BUT, please try to keep the emphasis on proving/showing YOUR feelings about a given player, player's ratings, stats, achievements, etc.  DO NOT use this as an opportunity to "throw something in someone's face", or exercise any other sort of malicious intent.  AND, by all means DO NOT simply post a quote in a year old thread, in order to "bring it back to life".  That will certainly result in locking of said "old thread", and possibly result in a disciplinary action by the staff.

For those of you that aren't feeling proficient with the abilities of the quote function?  There are several self help and question and answer threads on such topics, and you can always ask around.  Most members are willing to freely share their knowledge and advice.  With that said;  Let's get on with draft season!  ThumbsUp

Censorship has gotten big around these parts.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Can I request that this be called "The BFritz Rule"?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 05:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can I request that this be called "The BFritz Rule"?

Hilarious

"Don't Mock My Draft" rule!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote