Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the original Smack Talk Bengals Forum
First of all, I would have asked this question in the original Smack Forum, but for some reason my account there can no longer post. I don't know why the Admins there did that because I was going to post where I was going to go. I still don't know why the Admins shut me out.

But that's not my question. My question is "WHY" the Bengals are shutting down ALL of their message boards? That excuse their admins gave is a lie! I know for sure the Colts aren't shutting down their message boards! So, it's not because the other NFL teams are shutting down their boards. It has to be for another reason, and I can't figure out what would make a team shut out its fan community?

Since most of ya'll here ARE Bengal fans, can you please answer this question if you actually know the real reason?

I know this is the smack forum now, but I'll smack later after I get some answers to this question. Thanks! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
More of a removal than demise. If there was a demise, this forum wouldn't exist. Yet, a majority of members are here. Even you. So, again, there is no demise. Just a removal from the administrators without a clear explanation given by them. Everything right now is pure speculation.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Because we are cheap as shit...next question.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 06:23 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I know this is the smack forum now, but I'll smack later after I get some answers to this question. Thanks! ThumbsUp

So you waited for a new forum, to start?

If you wouldn't mind...let me know when you do start. I wanna see it with my own eyes.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm glad that you're here... I respect you for it. Wink
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 06:23 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: First of all, I would have asked this question in the original Smack Forum, but for some reason my account there can no longer post. I don't know why the Admins there did that because I was going to post where I was going to go. I still don't know why the Admins shut me out.

But that's not my question. My question is "WHY" the Bengals are shutting down ALL of their message boards? That excuse their admins gave is a lie! I know for sure the Colts aren't shutting down their message boards! So, it's not because the other NFL teams are shutting down their boards. It has to be for another reason, and I can't figure out what would make a team shut out its fan community?

Since most of ya'll here ARE Bengal fans, can you please answer this question if you actually know the real reason?

I know this is the smack forum now, but I'll smack later after I get some answers to this question. Thanks! ThumbsUp
You have no smack! You never did, and the answer to your question is NUNYA!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 06:44 PM)jason Wrote: I'm glad that you're here...  I respect you for it. Wink

[Image: i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
who invited Coltsfan over here? Not having him around was suppose to be one of the benefits of getting a new site.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 06:23 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I know this is the smack forum now, but I'll smack later after I get some answers to this question. Thanks! ThumbsUp

(05-15-2015, 06:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So you waited for a new forum, to start?

If you wouldn't mind...let me know when you do start. I wanna see it with my own eyes.  

I think you misunderstand what he means by "I'll smack later".
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Obviously. There's a lot of speculation behind why they're being closed so I'll aggregate some of the theories for you.

1) The other teams are closing their boards (yea right)

2) Money (More plausible given the reputation of the organization, but still doesn't make a lot of sense)

3) The organization didn't want to provide a platform for criticism (Boohoo)

4) One or more of the mods/admins were/are retiring and the organization decided to stop running the board rather than look for a decent replacement.

If there is any I missed feel free to add.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:43 PM)treee Wrote: Obviously. There's a lot of speculation behind why they're being closed so I'll aggregate some of the theories for you.

1) The other teams are closing their boards (yea right)

2) Money (More plausible given the reputation of the organization, but still doesn't make a lot of sense)

3) The organization didn't want to provide a platform for criticism (Boohoo)

4) One or more of the mods/admins were/are retiring and the organization decided to stop running the board rather than look for a decent replacement.

If there is any I missed feel free to add.

They are making cuts - the wrong ones as usual.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:42 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I think you misunderstand what he means by "I'll smack later".

I don't really need to know of his personal failings in that realm...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
As much as I want to decry the sheer pointlessness of asking Bengals fans in a subforum dedicated to smack talk why they'd know why the Bengals organization made the decision to shut down the board, I'll smack later.

Coltsfan, are you going to edit the original post or add a reply, since you can now post on the old forum and it was explained your inability to post was an honest mistake? Because leaving the thread the way it is isn't just entitled whining, but objectively incorrect.
Because steel is stronger than iron.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:31 PM)Steel Maiden Wrote: As much as I want to decry the sheer pointlessness of asking Bengals fans in a subforum dedicated to smack talk why they'd know why the Bengals organization made the decision to shut down the board, I'll smack later.

Coltsfan, are you going to edit the original post or add a reply, since you can now post on the old forum and it was explained your inability to post was an honest mistake? Because leaving the thread the way it is isn't just entitled whining, but objectively incorrect.

Well, there's also the fact that he assumed that because ONE TEAM still has a message board that the Bengals administration was lying about most teams moving away from message boards.   Because clearly the Colts are representative of the entire NFL.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
I'm shocked some of you turds are still alive. Guess I should have waited a few more years.... Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 01:07 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 08:58 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't care about media accolades until after we win the Superbowl.

I'm shocked some of you turds are still alive. Guess I should have waited a few more years.... Confused

John's Tow n' Steel? Sounds like an odd business model, but whatever.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 01:07 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: I'm shocked some of you turds are still alive. Guess I should have waited a few more years.... Confused

Bite one!

SCS' if you don't mind.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 01:07 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: I'm shocked some of you turds are still alive. Guess I should have waited a few more years.... Confused

I'm surprised you resorted to necro-posting, for attention. 
:snark:
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 02:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm surprised you resorted to necro-posting, for attention. 
:snark:
Good thing outside sources put me into message board retirement... I might actually understand your post and be offended.

Since I'm not....umm...uhhh.....thank you?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 03:28 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Good thing outside sources put me into message board retirement... I might actually understand your post and be offended.

Since I'm not....umm...uhhh.....thank you?

You should take down that ugly avatar and put up the pic of you taking a dump.

Reply/Quote