Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Above expectations
Thought I would have a look back at the power rankings before the season started and where the “experts” ranked us. What we have achieved compared to the expectation is phenomenal. What a season.

Power rankings before season
Espn-28th
Sporting news -
NBC - 26th
NFL.com 29th
Bleacher report - 27th
Touchdown wire - 29th
SI - 30th

Quarterback rankings

Pff -18th
Chris Simms- 17th
Nfl.com -26th (behind tua and rookies)
Bleacher report - 18th
Sporting news - 12th
NBC- 15th

I think some of these are reasonable. He was probably around 15th based on what he did last year. Now undoubtedly top 5.
Reply/Quote
I guess with this team's mentality - none of that means shit. And it shows.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I even got into with a couple on here about our D ranking. Last season we were one of the worst, maybe the worst, at stopping the run and no pressures. They stated that there was no way our Defense could improve enough to make us a contender for the division. Zac and Lou had to go, they were way in over their head. I even stated if the D was just average, we would be OK. I was told defenses don't make that kind of jump in 1 year..
Well here we are.....
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:18 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I even got into with a couple on here about our D ranking. Last season we were one of the worst, maybe the worst, at stopping the run and no pressures. They stated that there was no way our Defense could improve enough to make us a contender for the division. Zac and Lou had to go, they were way in over their head. I even stated if the D was just average, we would be OK. I was told defenses don't make that kind of jump in 1 year..
Well here we are.....

Burrow thinks we are 1 year behind schedule. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:18 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I even got into with a couple on here about our D ranking. Last season we were one of the worst, maybe the worst, at stopping the run and no pressures. They stated that there was no way our Defense could improve enough to make us a contender for the division. Zac and Lou had to go, they were way in over their head. I even stated if the D was just average, we would be OK. I was told defenses don't make that kind of jump in 1 year..
Well here we are.....

Anybody who thought last years run denfense would be the same this year just wasn't paying attention. We had no DT's last year 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody who thought last years run denfense would be the same this year just wasn't paying attention. We had no DT's last year 

I believe I even brought that up. It was like we were finding big guys off the street to fill in....
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:20 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Burrow thinks we are 1 year behind schedule. 

...and this is a huge reason that we're ahead of schedule. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:57 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I guess with this team's mentality - none of that means shit. And it shows.

Well, next year we're going to be predicted to be one of the best teams in the league, so hopefully this team can find success that doesn't involve proving the doubters wrong. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote