Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abraham Lucas OT
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/abraham-lucas-washington-state-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Abraham Lucas has sort of been a known quantity for awhile. He could have entered the draft earlier than this year. He seems to check the boxes in both height and weight. He is not an 'elite' athlete but was sturdy enough to accumulate 40 starts, all at RT. He probably ranks in about the 7-10 range amid OT's which puts him in round two range.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/abraham-lucas-washington-state-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Abraham Lucas has sort been a known quantity for awhile.  He could have entered the draft earlier than this year.  He seems to check the boxes in both height and weight.  He is not an 'elite' athlete but was sturdy enough to accumulate 40 starts, all at RT.  He probably ranks in about the 7-10 range amid OT's which puts him in round two range.

I've seen him consistently in prospect rankings in Rd 3.

TDN has him at 99.
CBS Sports (Nick Trapasso) has him at 100.
PFF has him at 108.

I actually have him queued up in Rd 3 in my next mock that I've been working on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen him consistently in prospect rankings in Rd 3.

TDN has him at 99.
CBS Sports (Nick Trapasso) has him at 100.
PFF has him at 108.

I actually have him queued up in Rd 3 in my next mock that I've been working on.

I thought he looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl. Better than Kinnard who I hoped would do well, but now I wouldn’t want playing RT for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 04:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought he looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl. Better than Kinnard who I hoped would do well, but now I wouldn’t want playing RT for the Bengals.

Kinnard had been projected to be better suited inside prior to the Senior Bowl. I think the Senior Bowl helped support that.
With that said, Kinnard does have enough length to stay at OT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kinnard had been projected to be better suited inside prior to the Senior Bowl. I think the Senior Bowl helped support that.
With that said, Kinnard does have enough length to stay at OT.

I was hoping to see him eliminate the debate about moving inside.
Reply/Quote
Can someone explain why the consensus is so low on Lucas? All of the scouting reports I have read say he has long arms, is a knee bender, and is athletic enough to play RT. Only knock I have seen is he can get driven back some in pass pro, granted I haven't watched any tape but is he an Ogbuehi or is he kind of flying under the radar?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 09:15 AM)IIIFoster Wrote: Can someone explain why the consensus is so low on Lucas?  All of the scouting reports I have read say he has long arms, is a knee bender, and is athletic enough to play RT.  Only knock I have seen is he can get driven back some in pass pro, granted I haven't watched any tape but is he an Ogbuehi or is he kind of flying under the radar?

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into whether he's rated as a "2nd", "3rd", or whatever round pick.  Most every year, about half of the prospects that are highly rated fail to live up to expectations, while a slew of players that you never heard of get picked, make teams, and develop into household names in a couple years.

In my opinion, the most important aspect in player selection is identifying and choosing the player with the specific skills and traits that fit what your team is doing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 09:15 AM)IIIFoster Wrote: Can someone explain why the consensus is so low on Lucas?  All of the scouting reports I have read say he has long arms, is a knee bender, and is athletic enough to play RT.  Only knock I have seen is he can get driven back some in pass pro, granted I haven't watched any tape but is he an Ogbuehi or is he kind of flying under the radar?

Abraham Lucas is one of those guys you watch and say he is just enough. Has just enough power, just enough length, just enough athleticism.

He is a very experienced starter at RT and solid as a pass protector while being average as a run blocker. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 02:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Abraham Lucas is one of those guys you watch and say he is just enough. Has just enough power, just enough length, just enough athleticism.

He is a very experienced starter at RT and solid as a pass protector while being average as a run blocker. 

Indeed. Lucas seems like a guy who could be "solid" as a starter, but maybe nothing more. And that's ok.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Lucas isn't going to "Wow!" you with anything he does, but he doesn't have a lot of faults either. He'd be a safe selection.
If you're looking for stud potential though, Lucas probably isn't gonna be that kinda player.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I live in PAC-12 territory and I have seen plenty of Lucas over the years. Because he played in an Air Raid offense, I personally don’t know how one can say anything about his pass blocking traits. To me he is strickly a development pick and will do us nothing year 1 (and 2). We have enough of those already on our roster. I personally prefer talking one plug-and-play OL and being done with it. FA is how you instantly improve your OL.

Results of FA will determine the draft. Whatever position that wasn’t addressed in FA, the whole world knows if we’re short a IOL or OT and put us in particular dangerous territory of another team jumping the Bengals.

IOL1 = Zion Johnson (thankfully got snaps at center in the Senior Bowl and did well).
IOL2 = Tyler Linderbaum (I like him a lot but a scout I follow said he was down to 282lbs off his listed weight of 290 late in the season)
IOL3 = Kenyon Green

OT projected at/near our 31
Bernhard Raimann
Trevor Penning

I prefer the scenario where we address OT in FA. Both OT’s are small school guys vs. P5 programs for the IOL.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:02 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I live in PAC-12 territory and I have seen plenty of Lucas over the years.  Because he played in an Air Raid offense, I personally don’t know how one can say anything about his pass blocking traits.  To me he is strickly a development pick and will do us nothing year 1 (and 2).  We have enough of those already on our roster. I personally prefer talking one plug-and-play OL and being done with it.  FA is how you instantly improve your OL.

Results of FA will determine the draft.  Whatever position that wasn’t addressed in FA, the whole world knows if we’re short a IOL or OT and put us in particular dangerous territory of another team jumping the Bengals.

IOL1 = Zion Johnson (thankfully got snaps at center in the Senior Bowl and did well).
IOL2 = Tyler Linderbaum  (I like him a lot but a scout I follow said he was down to 282lbs off his listed weight of 290 late in the season)
IOL3 = Kenyon Green

Bernhard Raimann
Trevor Penning

I prefer the scenario where we address OT in FA.  Both OT’s are small school guys vs. P5 programs for the IOL.

Raimann would very likely struggle at OT with 33.0" arms. He MIGHT be able to succeed at OT with that short arm length, but very very few OTs do. I also think he's too raw to be a plug-and-play.

If taking an OL at 31, I'm only considering Johnson, Penning, or Petit-Frere. Others like Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Green, and Linderbaum also in consideration if they somehow fall.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:02 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I live in PAC-12 territory and I have seen plenty of Lucas over the years.  Because he played in an Air Raid offense, I personally don’t know how one can say anything about his pass blocking traits.  To me he is strickly a development pick and will do us nothing year 1 (and 2).  We have enough of those already on our roster. I personally prefer talking one plug-and-play OL and being done with it.  FA is how you instantly improve your OL.

Results of FA will determine the draft.  Whatever position that wasn’t addressed in FA, the whole world knows if we’re short a IOL or OT and put us in particular dangerous territory of another team jumping the Bengals.

IOL2 = Tyler Linderbaum  (I like him a lot but a scout I follow said he was down to 282lbs off his listed weight of 290 late in the season)
IOL3 = Kenyon Green

Bernhard Raimann
Trevor Penning

I prefer the scenario where we address OT in FA.  Both OT’s are small school guys vs. P5 programs for the IOL.

Since you live in PAC 12 territory, I was wondering your opinion on Sean Rhyan.  

https://uclabruins.com/sports/football/roster/sean-rhyan/10457
Reply/Quote
Any RT we draft cannot be depended on as a day 1 starter.

Riley Reiff will need to be signed as day 1 starter unless we go with a proven veteran.
Reply/Quote
Smith was drafted last year to be a project OT. I guess it depends on what the coaching staff thinks of him along with FA before they use a premiere pick on another OT. It would be nice to address the OL prior to the draft because they suck at drafting OL. It would be nice to get a pass rushing DT and CB in the first couple rounds.
Reply/Quote