Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accept the things you cannot change
Marvin is coming back. He’s not going to be the GM, he’s not going to fill a dual role GM/HC, either.

Lazor will be here too.

Fat Pauline looks like he will go elsewhere.

And the Raven slayer will be back too. Always playing just good enough to not get benched, but never good enough to be a game changer.

However, random Tweets from unnamed sources report that the Brown family will agree to Marvin’s demand, to have the sparkling water in the cafeteria switched from Perrier to San Pelligrino.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I don't think its as simple as you're making it sound...

I don't doubt that Marvin is back, Mike Brown may be greedy sure, but even Marvin said at his presser yesterday, "it's complicated" and I doubt it's a money issue. It may not even be a coaching staff issue with everyone's contracts up. We'll have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote
Maybe "its complicated" means they are selling the team..... I mean seriously it could mean anything. Marvin is the king of vague.
Reply/Quote
I feel like being a Bengals fan is more than a 12 step program.
Reply/Quote
OP is dead to center right in his opinion.

The Bengals are a completely insane organization that flourish financially only because of the ridiculous television money NFL has commanded in the past.

If the profits depended on local support and ticket holders, Marvin would have been fired several times in the past.

why people would buy season tickets next year is beyond me. They do not care about the local fan base- at all.

I do think the Brown family is planning an exit strategy from Cincinnati and I have no doubt that the potential of selling has been discussed within the family as one of their long term strategic options.

If a deal to sell now was really being discussed with a third party, there would be some rumor on the street.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:30 AM)bengals67 Wrote: OP is dead to center right in his opinion.

The Bengals are a completely insane organization that flourish financially only because of the ridiculous television money NFL has commanded in the past.

If the profits depended on local support and ticket holders, Marvin would have been fired several times in the past.

why people would buy season tickets next year is beyond me. They do not care about the local fan base- at all.

I do think the Brown family is planning an exit strategy from Cincinnati and I have no doubt that the potential of selling has been discussed within the family as one of their long term strategic options.

If a deal to sell now was really being discussed with a third party, there would be some rumor on the street.

I think the first time an NFL team sells for significantly less than expected, Mikey Boy would sell in a heartbeat.  Rats know how to abandon a sinking ship.

I can't see how the team is here once the current lease expires.  The county hates the team, the voters would never vote to give the team a dime and the team doesn't care about fans or championships.  Not exactly the basis for a healthy relationship

It's a shame the county can't just give PBS to FC Cincinnati and make the Bengals secondary tenants or tell them to just go away
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:30 AM)bengals67 Wrote: OP is dead to center right in his opinion.

Why on earth would the Bengals ever sell the cash cow?  They're employing three generations of worthless family members.  Plus, Mike would have nowhere to go every day and he loves having the big toy to play with.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:08 PM)McC Wrote: Why on earth would the Bengals ever sell the cash cow?  They're employing three generations of worthless family members.  Plus, Mike would have nowhere to go every day and he loves having the big toy to play with.

This. It's almost like everyone assumed ML would be gone this year as if something was different. Mike won't sell this team. He's going to go down with the ship and Katie will take over, bring us a new false hope and we'll be dealing with her till she passes. Nothing really different has changed since ML sold his soul to the devil in 2003.
Reply/Quote
Katie and co isn't any help, and nothing will change under them. No one in the family sees a reason for change. Every last one of them seem fine with the current state of mediocrity. Katie chose Marvin, so she has some influence with her father if she had a problem with the direction of the team.

The only option is to stop financially supporting the Bengals (as many people have including local businesses). That will not change anything with the family cause they don't care, but it will make you feel better.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Katie and co isn't any help, and nothing will change under them. No one in the family sees a reason for change. Every last one of them seem fine with the current state of mediocrity. Katie chose Marvin, so she has some influence with her father if she had a problem with the direction of the team.

The only option is to stop financially supporting the Bengals (as many people have including local businesses). That will not change anything with the family cause they don't care, but it will make you feel better.

Then just where do the Bengals get their money?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Teams like the Cowboys. NFL is a profit sharing business. A team that wins the Superbowl and sells out their stadium consistently, and a team that finishes with 1 win will end up with the same amount of profits for the season (I think everything is shared equally after week 6). TV contracts will be disbursed equally as well regardless of market. Mike will feed off of other teams that care about success and their fanbase.

Let's not forget how much he saves from Hamilton Country paying for Paul Brown Stadium.

Truth is Mike and family have no incentive to improve. Even if fans turn on them in the numbers they have since 2015.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:06 PM)nevergonnachange Wrote: I think the first time an NFL team sells for significantly less than expected, Mikey Boy would sell in a heartbeat.  Rats know how to abandon a sinking ship.

I can't see how the team is here once the current lease expires.  The county hates the team, the voters would never vote to give the team a dime and the team doesn't care about fans or championships.  Not exactly the basis for a healthy relationship

It's a shame the county can't just give PBS to FC Cincinnati and make the Bengals secondary tenants or tell them to just go away

They will not sign another lease

There is not a healthy relationship now and it is going to go downhill.

Some US city will give them a stadium deal or they will be the team that goes to London.

There is no financial incentive for Mike Brown to cut salaries being paid to his family to run the Bengals like every other NFL team.

Hate to say this but I wish the Rooney family had owned the Bengals and not the Brown family. The difference between the organizations is night and day.

I truly believe Paul brown would be embarrassed by the last 25 years.

There is no way Paul brown would have kept Marv on board after the playoff loss to the Chargers and certainly after the 2015 melt down against the Steelers.

Or after the 2-14 record against the Steelers in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:32 AM)phil413 Wrote: I feel like being a Bengals fan is more than a 12 step program.

Well it definitely forces one into a lifestyle where such a program would be necessary.
Reply/Quote