Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidentally requested mobile site, now I can't get it to go away.
Accidentally requested the mobile site on my laptop, now any time I log in no matter the browser or device it loads the mobile site. I'm sure I can fix it in the settings somewhere, problem is that none of the menus actually work on my computer or mobile devices. I've tried clearing my cookies and cache but it seems that it's tied to my actual username here on boards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm, I did that once. If you log out, and then log back in, you should be able to remedy the problem. If you fail to log out, it saves the settings from the last visit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I did the same thing too. But I don't remember what the old webmaster had me do to fix it. Sorry.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Go to edit options...other options...change from Orion Mobile to Use Default.....from your profile/user cp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Go to edit options...other options...change from Orion Mobile to Use Default.....from your profile/user cp

Oh yeah.  That should fix it.  Now I remember.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:08 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh yeah.  That should fix it.  Now I remember.  

Yeah....happened when I got a new phone....I just stumbled upon it when I was fiddling with the settings.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....happened when I got a new phone....I just stumbled upon it when I was fiddling with the settings.

It's nice to "stumble upon things" when you're just fiddlin'.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 11:59 PM)treee Wrote: Accidentally requested the mobile site on my laptop, now any time I log in no matter the browser or device it loads the mobile site. I'm sure I can fix it in the settings somewhere, problem is that none of the menus actually work on my computer or mobile devices. I've tried clearing my cookies and cache but it seems that it's tied to my actual username here on boards.

If you do what Wyche said, you should be good to go. If you're still having the issue, let me know.

Edit: I went and looked and you were still set to mobile, so I changed it. If you refresh the page, it should be back to desktop version.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:19 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you do what Wyche said, you should be good to go. If you're still having the issue, let me know.

Edit: I went and looked and you were still set to mobile, so I changed it. If you refresh the page, it should be back to desktop version.

All is good now, thanks. Like I said, I couldn't access the site options in the mobile version or else I'm sure I could've remedied the problem.
Reply/Quote
I couldn't access the menus either....but I got into my profile and managed to edit the settings. Glad you got it fixed.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 07:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: I couldn't access the menus either....but I got into my profile and managed to edit the settings.  Glad you got it fixed.

I couldn't open nothing in profile or edits. I owe you big time for you helping me yesterday. It was like being on the gobengal site,just plain boring. Thank you wyche  :hail:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:19 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I couldn't open nothing in profile or edits. I owe you big time for you helping me yesterday. It was like being on the gobengal site,just plain boring. Thank you wyche  :hail:

Glad I could help sir.... Cheers

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:19 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you do what Wyche said, you should be good to go. If you're still having the issue, let me know.

Ive been using the mobile site forever but now I can't click on any of the options to change any settings. Could you switch mine to the regular whenever you have time please and thank you! No rush.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 07:52 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Ive been using the mobile site forever but now I can't click on any of the options to change any settings.  Could you switch mine to the regular whenever you have time please and thank you!  No rush.

I changed it. Let me know if it worked.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 08:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I changed it. Let me know if it worked.

Yes sir!  Thank ya!
Reply/Quote
Looks like the mobile theme is missing some files (or is pointing to the wrong place for them).

I'm getting 404s for:
/images/theme_functions.js
/images/theme_stylesheet.php
/images/orionmobile/stylesheet/editor.css
/images/orionmobile/stylesheet/select2.css
/images/orionmobile/button_bg.png

Fixing this should allow people to get out of the mobile theme again.

On another note, is there a way to get the theme to be per-device?  I want to use the mobile theme on my mobile and the desktop theme on my desktop!
Reply/Quote
The 'theme select' issue should now be fixed. You should now be able to quickly switch back and forth by picking which theme you want to use in the theme selector box at the bottom of the page.

If you are experiencing any other issues/problems with the mobile theme, list them in this thread.
Reply/Quote