• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Pff
Chase is the 4th highest graded rookie.
1) Pitts
2) Herbert
3) Humphrey
4) Chase
Reply/Quote
And if you needed a bigger endorsement of how PFF might be clueless sometimes...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's it, I have absolutely zero use for PFF. They are obviously showing Collinsworth's bias against the Bengals, which I have never understood since his whole career was here.
Reply/Quote
Yet they tweet shit like this…

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:08 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Chase is the 4th highest graded rookie.
1) Pitts
2) Herbert
3) Humphrey
4) Chase

Funny joke.

Not even PFF is clueless enough to have Herbert as a rookie this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny joke.

Khalil Herbert RB Bears.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Herbert having a better year then Chase and folks not even knowing who he is?!

Anyway, we can't keep holding PFF to some high regards when we like their grades, and turning on them when we don't. I just kinda be interested in their grades, but don't put too much into them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's it, I have absolutely zero use for PFF. They are obviously showing Collinsworth's bias against the Bengals, which I have never understood since his whole career was here.

PFF grades are pretty worthless and it is disappointing that THOSE are the ones that have gone mainstream now. Their advanced statistics are actually good but the grades? They try to introduce too much subjectivity into an objective discussion.

There is one receiver in the league having a better year than Chase and it is Cooper Kupp. If you factor in targets, Chase has an argument for being the best WR in the league. The fact that he isn’t even the best grades rookie is just silly.
Reply/Quote
Folks, they’re GRADES, and at different positions. PFF isn’t going to claim that better grades equate to better players without failure. All of those players grade extremely high, and they’re all having excellent rookie seasons at their respective positions. It’s not “bias”. That’s silly.

We don’t have to take offense to everything they produce that isn’t in perfect alignment with what we expect. And guess what: Chase has made some mistakes. He’s not perfect. PFF isn’t either. I don’t think their grades are strictly comparable across different positions anyway (e.g. LB grades trend significantly lower than QB grades).

Pointing at things like this and throwing our hands up in dramatic confusion is to fundamentally misunderstand what they’re trying to do. They’re all high on Ja’Marr Chase.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: PFF grades are pretty worthless and it is disappointing that THOSE are the ones that have gone mainstream now. Their advanced statistics are actually good but the grades? They try to introduce too much subjectivity into an objective discussion.

There is one receiver in the league having a better year than Chase and it is Cooper Kupp. If you factor in targets, Chase has an argument for being the best WR in the league. The fact that he isn’t even the best grades rookie is just silly.

I haven't watched much of Slater, but last I heard he was tearing it up and if Offensive rookie of the year didn't go to QB's so much and Chase wasn't having the year he is having, Slater would be next up for the award.

So it's interesting he isn't listed in top 5. Nor is any of the defensive players like Surtain/Parsons and (so this must be offense only?)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: Herbert having a better year then Chase and folks not even knowing who he is?!

Anyway, we can't keep holding PFF to some high regards when we like their grades, and turning on them when we don't. I just kinda be interested in their grades, but don't put too much into them.

I keep seeing you comment on this, and I don’t really know why. Just because someone shares their grades on here for discussion sake, doesn’t mean they view them as the end all be all. Just like you, many just find them interesting to look at. It’s not really about picking and choosing when to give them significance.

These particular grades are super close anyway. For example; Chase is 83.5, and Pitts 85.2. We’re not talking a huge difference here. Both are in the high quality category.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet they tweet shit like this…

PFF grade isnt based on just yards lol
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: I haven't watched much of Slater, but last I heard he was tearing it up and if Offensive rookie of the year didn't go to QB's so much and Chase wasn't having the year he is having, Slater would be next up for the award.

So it's interesting he isn't listed in top 5. Nor is any of the defensive players like Surtain/Parsons and (so this must be offense only?)

PFF grades have never really worked for purposes of comparing players of two different positions.
For example, in Parson's case, stack LB is a position where guys are asked to play the run, cover, and rush the passer a lot.  Parsons has a pass rush grade of over 90, but he's given up a 101 QBR when targeted in coverage, so his Coverage grade stinks, dragging his overall down.  He also has the typical gaffes you see from rookie LB's in run support.  However, compared to what most rookie LB's do, he's been an absolute monster by comparison.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And if you needed a bigger endorsement of how PFF might be clueless sometimes...

Rep!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: PFF grade isnt based on just yards lol

No shit. They still captioned it “it’s Ja’Marr Chase and then everyone else?”

Implying he’s been on another level (which he has).

Reply/Quote
1) Pitts
2) Herbert
3) Humphrey
4) Chase

Whats the average grade like for WRs, RBs, and TEs (I'm not sure what position Hunphrey is) compared to where they're graded? Do RBs and TEs typically skew higher than WRs? If so I can see some sense in the scores. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 10:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: Whats the average grade like for WRs, RBs, and TEs (I'm not sure what position Hunphrey is) compared to where they're graded? Do RBs and TEs typically skew higher than WRs? If so I can see some sense in the scores. 

The best WR in the league (Devante Adams) is currently at 92.2. The fact that Chase is even as close as he is (83.5) as a 21 year old rookie is insane.

Creed Humphrey plays Center for the Chiefs.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: Herbert having a better year then Chase and folks not even knowing who he is?!

Anyway, we can't keep holding PFF to some high regards when we like their grades, and turning on them when we don't.  I just kinda be interested in their grades, but don't put too much into them.

I'm very consistent - they're trash, and you won't see me saying different.
Reply/Quote
1) Pitts
2) Herbert
3) Humphrey
4) Chase

Oh, no, PFF did not confirm my biases, therefore they are worthless!!  

I cannot stand these posts.  Sorry to pick on you, the are worse posts downthread, but this has been bugging me for a while. 

Chase is ranked 4th out of, what, 150+ rookies? And you guys are mad? Ridiculous. As if you've watched every snap of Pitts or Humphrey. 

1st off, Chase has made some poor plays. He had a pass go through his hands for a pick.  Second, the first couple weeks, our offense struggled generally. Third, Herbert is a small sample size. Isiah Prince has graded out at like 90.  Does this mean PFF thinks Prince is one of the top tackles in the league? No. But it does mean he has performed really well in a limited role.   

Get a grip, people. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny joke.

Tiger

I respect your opinions alot and would like to ask you a couple questions..
1) How do you feel about the running game currently going into the cold weather?

2) I think the games against the Browns & Raiders will pull the curtain back so to speak on where we are moving forward. Thoughts?..
Reply/Quote