Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to the Bengals social media Myles Murphy generated the 2nd best pressure
He has two pretty good guys in front of him to emulate. If he can learn to pass rush like Trey and defend the run like Sam. He could be the best 4-3 DE in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So mid-late 2025 season?

If i were placing bets that’s about where i see him taking a big step
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:19 PM)Housh Wrote: If i were placing bets that’s about where i see him taking a big step

Can't be using a 1st round pick that won't pay off until well into the 3rd year when you are wanting to win a Super Bowl now. That's what 3rd round picks are for.

Bengals with Sam LaPorta are comfortably in the playoffs this year, and wouldn't be in trouble offensive-weapon-wise in 2024.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Unless Ossai all of a sudden becomes a gsme-wrecker, I expect the next 3 years to be Hendrickson>Myles, then Hubbard>Sample/Draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Unless Ossai all of a sudden becomes a gsme-wrecker, I expect the next 3 years to be Hendrickson>Myles, then Hubbard>Sample/Draft pick.

Ossai must have mentally lost it or something or was injured all year. 

Made me (the biggest Ossai guy) not expect anything from him going forward.

I would be for trading for another End or drafting another pass rusher just because of the fall off of Ossai but we only have so many picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 03:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s from Next Gen Stats.

Impossible.  Peeps told me Murphy was a bust to the "eye test".
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 02:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Impossible.  Peeps told me Murphy was a bust to the "eye test".

I heard he was a bum from somebody on here....
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Unless Ossai all of a sudden becomes a gsme-wrecker, I expect the next 3 years to be Hendrickson>Myles, then Hubbard>Sample/Draft pick.

If it comes to the nitty gritty with tough decisions, Hubbard may be released this off-season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: If it comes to the nitty gritty with tough decisions, Hubbard may be released this off-season.

I don't see it, personally.

- Top 3 run d DE in the league (when healthy, not how he was the last 6-7 games this year)
- Above average (not great) pass rusher.
- Smart and great instincts at DE
- Locker-room leader
- Other intangibles
- Cincinnati guy through and through

Now, when this current contract is up, I can see him not be retained, but that's what, 2 more years?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 04:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't see it, personally.

- Top 3 run d DE in the league (when healthy, not how he was the last 6-7 games this year)
- Locker-room leader
- Other intangibles

Now, when this current contract is up, I can see him not be retained, but that's what, 2 more years?

Yeah... I personally really like Hubbard. All of that plus I've been watching him for damn near 10 years when he was at OSU. Just depends on what direction they wanna go (mainly) with Tee, and what they think of Murphy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

- Locker-room leader
- Other intangibles

Agree, plus Sam is good at spying the QB which is essential when playing Lamar Jackson and Mahomes.

(01-16-2024, 04:50 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I personally really like Hubbard. All of that plus I've been watching him for damn near 10 years when he was at OSU.  Just depends on what direction they wanna go (mainly) with Tee, and what they think of Murphy.

Just finished watching the last game against the Stains and Ossai actually played pretty good for once this year. I know it was against backups
but he had a Sack and he created an interception for Logan Wilson. Was good to see and makes me just hope it was injury and the players in 
front of him why Ossai did next to nothing this season.
Reply/Quote

- Locker-room leader
- Other intangibles

I dont think there is any way Hubbard gets cut.  He would have a 4 million dead cap hit if cut.  If the Bengals keep him his cap hit is 10.1 million.  The difference is about 6 million in savings this year.  Are the Bengals going to find anybody better than Hubbard for 6 million
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 08:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont think there is any way Hubbard gets cut.  He would have a 4 million dead cap hit if cut.  If the Bengals keep him his cap hit is 10.1 million.  The difference is about 6 million in savings this year.  Are the Bengals going to find anybody better than Hubbard for 6 million

Nope.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't be using a 1st round pick that won't pay off until well into the 3rd year when you are wanting to win a Super Bowl now. That's what 3rd round picks are for.

Bengals with Sam LaPorta are comfortably in the playoffs this year, and wouldn't be in trouble offensive-weapon-wise in 2024.

Many posters on draft day were clamoring for LaPorta. And they may have been right. With the Lions he had 86 receptions, 889 yards, and ten touchdowns. Myles Murphy had 10 solo tackles and 3 sacks. He better have the light go on soon or this will comparison will just get worse each year. Maybe, as some claim, the Bengals don't use a TE. But maybe they would have if they had LaPorta.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 11:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: Many posters on draft day were clamoring for LaPorta. And they may have been right. With the Lions he had 86 receptions, 889 yards, and ten touchdowns. Myles Murphy had 10 solo tackles and 3 sacks. He better have the light go on soon or this will comparison will just get worse each year. Maybe, as some claim, the Bengals don't use a TE. But maybe they would have if they had LaPorta.

That has been debunked time after time. I just recently posted the numbers from this season - per Joe Goodberry.

Reply/Quote
He is only going to get better.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 11:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: Many posters on draft day were clamoring for LaPorta. And they may have been right. With the Lions he had 86 receptions, 889 yards, and ten touchdowns. Myles Murphy had 10 solo tackles and 3 sacks. He better have the light go on soon or this will comparison will just get worse each year. Maybe, as some claim, the Bengals don't use a TE. But maybe they would have if they had LaPorta.

LaPorta looks like the better pick in retrospect, but most in the draft forum(myself included) had a 2nd round grade on him.  His success has been a surprise.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: LaPorta looks like the better pick in retrospect, but most in the draft forum(myself included) had a 2nd round grade on him.  His success has been a surprise.

I wonder if Duke and Zac thought LaPorta would be available for the second pick?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder if Duke and Zac thought LaPorta would be available for the second pick?

My guess is they thought they had TE1 covered with Irv Smith and were maybe only looking a TE as a BPA type scenario.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder if Duke and Zac thought LaPorta would be available for the second pick?

2023 was a weird draft more TEs went in round 2 than OT and WRs combined. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote