Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to the Pro
This could happen. And by pro I mean the guy who works and gets paid by the NFL to make a 7 round mock.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

If we pulled this off... I'd be doing cartwheels.
Not what he picked for us. But guys that were available at our picks.

1. Darnell Washington TE UGA - I've come to my senses and realize giving Burrow a weapon that can exploit mismatches may be like taking candy from a baby. Is he Burrow's Gronk? Maybe.

2. Dawand Jones RT OSU - Then all of a sudden we have the biggest TE and OL in the NFL. It's a big man's game. Carman and Dawand would be a fine roster competition for the starting RT spot. Collins, Jonah, Adeniji, and Ford happen to be competing for the spot at well. Collins and Jonah could be gone. If they are we need another T in the draft. If they stay we don't. Dawand would allow us to move on comfortably.

3. Clark Phillips III CB UTAH - Only reason he lasts until our 3rd is because of his size, kids a baller. Backup Hilton for two years then he takes over nickel.

4. Tyler Scott WR UC - My favorite WR in the draft. We may have a chance to keep Boyd for a 3rd contract. But I doubt it. Making Scott our future #3 and he would be our #4 this year. Another guy who slides because of size, but if he gave Sauce trouble in coverage he can give anyone trouble.

5. Kenny McIntosh RB UGA - Two time national champ RB from Georgia who is a willing blocker. One of the many RBs I'd be happy to add this year. I'd still be hanging on to Mixon.

6.Stetson Bennett QB UGA - Walk-on to two time national champ falls to the 6th. I'm fine with him as a backup for 4 years. Maybe be less time than that if he takes advantage of opportunities and turns in to trade bait.

7. Adam Korsak P Rutgers - Rugby style punter with cheat code worthy punting stats. I'd roll the dice in the 7th and see if we can lock up a cheap punter for 4 years.

What would you do?
Reply/Quote
I like your picks better than Reuter’s. I’d be very happy with Washington in the first and taking a chance on Jones in the second, although I don’t expect Jones will be there at 60 and certainly not falling all the way to mid-third round. Bennett’s shown a little bit of ego and might not be a good fit in our locker room. The rest seem to fit our needs for this draft.
Reply/Quote
I'd be doing cartwheels right beside you!
Reply/Quote
I like yours better. I would prefer CB Forbes at 28 and try and grab a TE in the 3rd, but Washington could be a beast. If you read the article on Cincyjungle the other day in which OC Callahan was talking about what they wanted as a compliment to Mixon the first guy that came to mind was McIntosh out of UGA. Really like that pick and hope it comes to pass. Also really like Bennett selection. I think he is being slept on way more than I can understand. He's going to end up a starting QB for someone. See Jimmy G type, draft and trade to a team that needs a starter, potential in this guy as well. Would have liked to addressed pass rush needs, but this draft is very light in that.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I can't say that I would be super thrilled with either of these outcomes.
Reply/Quote