Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accountabilty
THE big change when ZT got here was ACCOUNTABILITY. 4 loses in and he's obviously abandoned that idea.

All I'm hearing is coach-speak. We have the people here we need to win. REALLY ZAC?!? At least when you screwed up with Marvin you knew your ass was coming out of the game. Not with ZT.

OLine coach Jim Turner is was labled as a Marine Corps style disciplinarian. From what I can see, he couldn't corral 5 boys scouts.

I've felt severly gut punched since the playoff loss ala Pacman and Tez. How long will it be before somebody comes off the field and ruffles ZTs hair?? Another 4 yrs of Dave Shula....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's because Mike Brown the Clown calls the shots.
Reply/Quote
That's the one thing about this season that's surprised me a bit. I mean after the Seattle game, which was one of the more disciplined games they've played in literally years !

The rug got jerked out from under them ever since on the discipline which goes hand in hand with accountability. I'm not sure what caused it to go south ?
Reply/Quote
Based off some comments that Preston Brown made in pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised if certain players have given up.

Brown basically admitted to eating junk food and being more focused on Fortnite last year than football after midway through the season. After I heard that, I pretty much lost all respect for the guy. Who's to say he isn't scarfing down a meat lovers pizza and shooting some teens on fortnite RIGHT NOW??

Just tried to dig up the video, and I can't find the TC/pre-season videos on the mothership. I promise you, what he said was NOT inspiring about his resolve.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 09:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Based off some comments that Preston Brown made in pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised if certain players have given up.

Brown basically admitted to eating junk food and being more focused on Fortnite last year than football after midway through the season. After I heard that, I pretty much lost all respect for the guy. Who's to say he isn't scarfing down a meat lovers pizza and shooting some teens on fortnite RIGHT NOW??

Just tried to dig up the video, and I can't find the TC/pre-season videos on the mothership. I promise you, what he said was NOT inspiring about his resolve.

Video.

https://www.bengals.com/video/1-on-1-preston-brown-on-having-the-right-mindset-for-2019

He said he got into the bad habits while he was out, injured. He realized it and changed his habits. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think ZT has beem plenty accountable. He's gone so far as to blame himself in front of the media. What more do you want? You can't exactly make a SB winning team with a roster full of losers.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:21 PM)JSR18 Wrote: THE big change when ZT got here was ACCOUNTABILITY. 4 loses in and he's obviously abandoned that idea.

All I'm hearing is coach-speak. We have the people here we need to win. REALLY ZAC?!? At least when you screwed up with Marvin you knew your ass was coming out of the game. Not with ZT.

OLine  coach Jim Turner is was labled as a Marine Corps style disciplinarian. From what I can see, he couldn't corral 5 boys scouts.

I've felt severly gut punched since the playoff loss ala Pacman and Tez. How long will it be before somebody comes off the field and ruffles ZTs hair?? Another 4 yrs of Dave Shula....

LMFAO! What?!?! Marvin NEVER benched anyone but John Ross for screwing up! You mention Marvin benched players for screwing up, then end your post with the two of the biggest eff ups that played under Marvin. Did their asses ever come out of the game? LMAO

TFOH.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Right now, all Taylor has proven is that he's a good talker. Exudes confident, says all the right things. He talked himself into a job that, as of right now, looks way out of his depth.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:21 PM)JSR18 Wrote: THE big change when ZT got here was ACCOUNTABILITY. 4 loses in and he's obviously abandoned that idea.

OLine  coach Jim Turner is was labled as a Marine Corps style disciplinarian. From what I can see, he couldn't corral 5 boys scouts.

Do you even pay attention to what's going on? Our #1 draft pick Center lost his starting job. Miller lost his starting job. Redmond lost his starting job. Coaches cannot exactly change the whole roster in the middle of the season....
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 09:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Based off some comments that Preston Brown made in pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised if certain players have given up.

brown was on IR all last year
Reply/Quote
The definition of accountability is to accept responsibility. It does not have anything to do with actually making changes or improvements.
With that said, Taylor has admitted his responsibility in the way this season has gone so far.

What you're really asking for is for him to take better/different action on that accountability.
When it comes to some "veterans" in their 4th year or higher, the Bengals could try a younger player instead (e.g. Pratt instead of Brown or Vigil).
When it comes to some of the guys within their first 3 years (e.g. Jordan), I can understand the logic that they are going to learn the best by doing but it will have some growing pains. The same would essentially happen with Billy Price at LG since he is brand new to playing LG in the NFL, so he would go through growing pains at that spot too. Either way, the LG position will not be fixed overnight.
When it comes to coaching, the Bengals could choose to look for another coach but the season is only 4 games deep. The whole organization typically understands it can take longer than that for true changes to take effect and start improving.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The definition of accountability is to accept responsibility. It does not have anything to do with actually making changes or improvements.
With that said, Taylor has admitted his responsibility in the way this season has gone so far.

What you're really asking for is for him to take better/different action on that accountability.
When it comes to some "veterans" in their 4th year or higher, the Bengals could try a younger player instead (e.g. Pratt instead of Brown or Vigil).
When it comes to some of the guys within their first 3 years (e.g. Jordan), I can understand the logic that they are going to learn the best by doing but it will have some growing pains. The same would essentially happen with Billy Price at LG since he is brand new to playing LG in the NFL, so he would go through growing pains at that spot too. Either way, the LG position will not be fixed overnight.
When it comes to coaching, the Bengals could choose to look for another coach but the season is only 4 games deep. The whole organization typically understands it can take longer than that for true changes to take effect and start improving.

Oh no! Common sense!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The definition of accountability is to accept responsibility. It does not have anything to do with actually making changes or improvements.

/thread
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 09:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Brown basically admitted to eating junk food and being more focused on Fortnite last year than football after midway through the season. 

Brown was on IR after midway through the season.
Reply/Quote

Exactly who on this roster is going to replace those that are under performing? There aren't exactly better players waiting in the wings. WE all know Andre Smith isn't a left tackle. Hell, he probably isn't even a starting right tackle at this stage in his career, but he is the best option they have with Glenn's brain scrambled, Williams out indefinitely, and Boling retired. Last year's 1st round pick can't even get on the field on this patchwork O-line. Is that Taylor's fault? He didn't draft the guy.

They kept 4 LB's because there was no talent among what they had. So who is gonna replace Vigil? Brown?

Four games into the season and their entire projected starting left side of the O-line hasn't played a game. AJ Green hasn't played a game. John Ross is out. Denard hasn't played a game. Lawson, Wynn, Webb, Glasgow have all missed games. So who is gonna replace someone who isn't performing well? That's not a coaching issue, it's a personnel issue.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:23 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Exactly who on this roster is going to replace those that are under performing? There aren't exactly better players waiting in the wings. WE all know Andre Smith isn't a left tackle. Hell, he probably isn't even a starting right tackle at this stage in his career, but he is the best option they have with Glenn's brain scrambled, Williams out indefinitely, and Boling retired. Last year's 1st round pick can't even get on the field on this patchwork O-line. Is that Taylor's fault? He didn't draft the guy.

They kept 4 LB's because there was no talent among what they had. So who is gonna replace Vigil? Brown?

Four games into the season and their entire projected starting left side of the O-line hasn't played a game. AJ Green hasn't played a game. John Ross is out. Denard hasn't played a game. Lawson, Wynn, Webb, Glasgow have all missed games. So who is gonna replace someone who isn't performing well? That's not a coaching issue, it's a personnel issue.

The narrative on the board was that Smith would be a good tackle as LT was his natural position before the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The narrative on the board was that Smith would be a good tackle as LT was his natural position before the season.

Which was comical.
Reply/Quote
I have always pointed out how this "accountability" issue was a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

When people said Marvin never took accountability I posted links to pressers where he said the coaching had to get better.

When they said he never took any steps I pointed out that he had made midseason moves like firing Zampese and benching starters like Deltha ONeal, Chris Perry, Tory James, and John Ross. He also released starters like Rudi Johnson, Willie Anderson, Kyle Cook, and George Iloka.

There were even some people here who argued that Marvin and the Bengal coaches never criticized players in film sessions.

But none of that mattered because Zac was going to show us what "accountability" really means. Yes

I am not here to rip on Zac for not holding anyone accountable. I am just pointing out that all the squealing about how the problem was "Marvin never held anyone accountable" is total BS.
Reply/Quote

Are you really serious?

Do you think it's a good idea to roast anyone in a press conference?  All that would accomplish would be the team turning on the coach.
Reply/Quote
Assign each player and coach an accountabillybuddy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote