Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ace Sanders > Tate?
"When Ace Sanders makes it in the NFL it won’t be because what he does as a receiver, it will be because of the amazing things he can do as a returner. Just watching him last season, you can see he has the rare ability that only the likes of Devin Hester and Joshua Cribbs has. When most returners get the ball inside the 15 they let it go, that isn’t the case with Sanders. Even with defenders coming at him he takes the punt and turns a negative into a positive. He will make two guys miss with a juke move to the inside and his speed will do the rest. He has the confidence and nerves you look for in a great return man and the ability to change the game on just one play.

Part of the reason Sanders is so good on punt returns is what he can do in the open field. Either coming off a screen pass or on a punt, his combination of vision and  moves make him tough to tackle. His vision enables him to look at oncoming opponents and time his cut just at the right time. Once he gets passed the defender and has an open lane he's off to the races" http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/03/03/2013-nfl-draft-ace-sanders-prospect-profile/                       Jacksonville discarded the "Ace" today. Would Sanders be an upgrade over our current kick returners?
Reply/Quote
Ace Frehley > Tate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ace Ventura > Tate. On a serious note, Ace Sanders is nothing special. Too small to play outside, and not overly fast. Andrew Hawkins was a superior talent to Sanders, and the Bengals couldn't get him involved. Mario Alford appears to be a superior threat as a return man and gadget WR. There doesn't seem to be room for Sanders in Cincy.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 03:06 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote:  Mario Alford appears to be a superior threat as a return man and gadget WR.  There doesn't seem to be room for Sanders in Cincy.

^ Be hard to find room for a gadget FA when you have a 7th round pick gadget/return guy already in the room, and in the system.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 11:46 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: " Just watching him last season, you can see he has the rare ability that only the likes of Devin Hester and Joshua Cribbs has. 

I don't know what this guy has been watching, but Ace stinks compared to Hester and Cribbs.

He has 57 career punt returns for a 6.4 avg.  The logest return of his career is 23 yards.  
Reply/Quote
I loved Ace in college but he has been doing next to nothing as a returner in the NFL.

And i agree with others that Mario Alford and Adam Jones should be quite the Returners for us.

I think Tate is gone, Denarius Moore also pushes him out of the roster barring injuries.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I loved Ace in college but he has been doing next to nothing as a returner in the NFL.

And i agree with others that Mario Alford and Adam Jones should be quite the Returners for us.

I think Tate is gone, Denarius Moore also pushes him out of the roster barring injuries.

Eeep, I'm no Tate-lover but I'd be wary of pitching a guy who's been semi-productive for us for years for a guy who sat the bench for the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
Meh I think Jones or Alford will put Tate out of a job.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Eeep, I'm no Tate-lover but I'd be wary of pitching a guy who's been semi-productive for us for years for a guy who sat the bench for the Raiders.

The only thing tate did for us was return punts/kicks and he has already been replaced by Adam jones.

As far as a receiver Moore has been very productive until he got injured and in the doghouse with the Raiders coaches last year.  In the previous two season he had 97 receptions for 1436 yards and 12 tds.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only thing tate did for us was return punts/kicks and he has already been replaced by Adam jones.

As far as a receiver Moore has been very productive until he got injured and in the doghouse with the Raiders coaches last year.  In the previous two season he had 97 receptions for 1436 yards and 12 tds.

Feh, the Raiders threw the ball like a gazillion times though.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Feh, the Raiders threw the ball like a gazillion times though.

Oakland's 674 pass completion in 2012 and 2013 actually ranks in the bottom half of the league (18th). That makes Moore's numbers even more impressive.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oakland's 674 pass completion in 2012 and 2013 actually ranks in the bottom half of the league (18th).  That makes Moore's numbers even more impressive.

I was talking more about attempts and/or % of total called plays being pass vs run, an area in which Oakland was quite high until Pryor was under center but meh whatever.  I suppose I'm just conditioned to believe a player the Raiders didn't want and who is so low on our depth chart can't possibly be impressive.    
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Feh, the Raiders threw the ball like a gazillion times though.

They also had garbage quarterbacks.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 02:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They also had garbage quarterbacks.

2012 Carson Palmer was pretty comparable to Andy Dalton, but yes, Pryor and McGroin were pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
Ace Sanders < Ace Ventura
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 02:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ace Sanders < Ace Ventura

Bumble Bee tuna?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 02:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ace Sanders < Ace Ventura

Ace Merrill > Merril Hoge
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ace Merrill > Merril Hoge

Will Hoge < Will Smith
Reply/Quote
Colonel Sanders is better than tate.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:11 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Colonel Sanders is better than tate.

No, like this:

Colonel Sanders > Tate

Follow suit man!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote