Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less than 2 weeks before the first preseason game
I just looked at the schedule; I didn't realize there are only 3 preseason games. Makes sense with the extra regular season game.

I just want to see Burrow look himself and not have any setbacks with his knee (if he plays).

I'm more looking forward to the Vikings game. I'd like to see the defense and offensive line improve in the preseason. It'd be nice to see a good running game and a decent pocket.

I think we match up well against the Vikings though. They have an explosive offense which will be challenging. But we should be able to score on their defense. Should be a high scoring/entertaining game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Week 1 is going to be a fun Sunday of football. I didn't realize the Bengals are at home. Being in Vikings territory, I get to watch this game on Fox, followed by Packers, Saints. Can't wait for football to start!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 08:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The last future day of my channel guide was August 14, so I was able to set the recording!  Woo-hoo!

You have to love pre-season, when every team is a SB contender, and when we finally get to August.  It's almost time for the little felons to go back to school, the cicadas are buzzing in the heat of the day (the real cicadas, not those 17 year poseurs we had back in June), and there's a million pre-season games on NFL Network.  

It's the most wonderful tiiiiime, of the year...

You always give me a chuckle Awful Llama lol
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2021, 08:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The last future day of my channel guide was August 14, so I was able to set the recording!  Woo-hoo!

You have to love pre-season, when every team is a SB contender, and when we finally get to August.  It's almost time for the little felons to go back to school, the cicadas are buzzing in the heat of the day (the real cicadas, not those 17 year poseurs we had back in June), and there's a million pre-season games on NFL Network.  

It's the most wonderful tiiiiime, of the year...

We are traveling down to Panama City Beach on Sept 11th. The 12th we will be getting up and piddling around until we can check in @4pm...so you know i'm going to be prepared to find a place that's showing the Bengals game down there. 

Pineapple Willie's is only a couple miles from our condo so...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm going to be in Tampa that weekend. do you think there will be scalp tickets for sale in the parking lot? looking for the Cheapest way to go!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 12:33 PM)Bengalsz06 Wrote: I'm going to be in Tampa that weekend. do you think there will be scalp tickets for sale in the parking lot? looking for the Cheapest way to go!
Tiger

I'm sure most preseason games could be had for minimal cost given the number of season ticket holders not wanting to melt during a meaningless game (for them)
Reply/Quote
3 QBs for the Vikings are on the Covid list. They had a coach quit because he didn't want the vaccine. All positives for us so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:33 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: 3 QBs for the Vikings are on the Covid list. They had a coach quit because he didn't want the vaccine. All positives for us so far.

And Zimmer is pissed.....
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And Zimmer is pissed.....

To be fair, when is Zimmer NOT pissed?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And Zimmer is pissed.....

I'm expecting more growing pains from his defense this year. He really lost all his good players in a matter of a couple years. He's had to start from scratch in the secondary. I'm expecting him to be shaking his head a lot come September 12th.
Reply/Quote