Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active shooter in Maryland
(06-29-2018, 11:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I wondered how long it would take for this to be Trump's fault.

I wondered how long until the Trump fans would be in to defend him...when no one said (seriously) this incident was his fault.

I had the under.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-29-2018, 11:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I wondered how long it would take for this to be Trump's fault.

For Pete's sake  .its not Trumps fault. God forbid anyone dare think the most famous man on earth who incites violence against specific groups on a daily basis actually have any bearing upon the violence that befalls them .

Trump dindu nuffin

I'm a bonerfide moron in the sense that most people are smart enough to know the president calling people enemies of the people doesn't actually have any effect on anyone or anything . I'm a slow learner. 

Its not the gun its not Trump its nothing. Its just a regular old shooting spree. Lesson learned .thoughts and prayers. See ya next time for the next blameless shooting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-29-2018, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: So the Pizza place getting shot up wasn't politically motivated?

Politically motivated means the person(s) targeted was/were targeted because of their politics.  So no, the pizzagate shooter was targeting people he though were engaged in a child sex trafficking ring. 

Quote:The Tiller shooting wasn't?

Again, no.  The shooter was motivated by the belief that Tiller was murdering children.  He was absolutely egged on by people like O'Reilly, and I said as much at the time, but he did not target Tiller because of Tiller's politics.

Quote:Giffords?

The Giffords shooter is so mentally ill he remains incompetent to stand trial.  You really want to try and ascribe motivations to a person that mentally ill?

Quote:You're not blind and you're not dumb...so I'll assume you're just choosing to ignore it to make your argument better.  Though I am sure you will blame the "media" for those anyway.

Not ignoring a thing, as this post shows.  Now kindly answer this, why did the baseball field shooter pick his targets?  Then explain why his choice of targets is different than the three examples you gave.

(06-29-2018, 11:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Th dumbass who shot a bunch of Sikhs because he thought everyone in a turban was a Muslim was obsessed with Fox News.

A selective memory is a wonderful thing.

I can think of examples from BOTH sides, not just the one I support.

So, a person motivated by racial or religious hatred is politically motivated as well?  Did the guy target Sikhs for their political beliefs or because he thought they were muslim?  When you answer that question you'll understand how foolish your example is.
(06-29-2018, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: I wondered how long until the Trump fans would be in to defend him...when no one said (seriously) this incident was his fault.

I had the under.

Smirk

I said it was Trump .I admit it.  Give me all the hell I deserve for thinking he and his hateful rhetoric might actually have an effect upon our stupid and perpetually infuriated populace. 

Conclusion jumped to.  Trump blamed . I admit it.  Lay it on me. 
(06-29-2018, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Politically motivated means the person(s) targeted was/were targeted because of their politics.  So no, the pizzagate shooter was targeting people he though were engaged in a child sex trafficking ring. 

Again, no.  The shooter was motivated by the belief that Tiller was murdering children.  He was absolutely egged on by people like O'Reilly, and I said as much at the time, but he did not target Tiller because of Tiller's politics.

The Giffords shooter is so mentally ill he remains incompetent to stand trial.  You really want to try and ascribe motivations to a person that mentally ill?

Not ignoring a thing, as this post shows.  Now kindly answer this, why did the baseball field shooter pick his targets?  Then explain why his choice of targets is different than the three examples you gave.

So, a person motivated by racial or religious hatred is politically motivated as well?  Did the guy target Sikhs for their political beliefs or because he thought they were muslim?  When you answer that question you'll understand how foolish your example is.

You do not understand what we are discussing.

Go back and read the comment you responded to.  It was about the effects of rhetoric from a political source inciting violence.
(06-29-2018, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You do not understand what we are discussing.

Go back and read the comment you responded to.  It was about the effects of rhetoric from a political source inciting violence.

In this instance it is you who does not understand.  I made a claim that the only politically motivated mass shooting that I could recall was the Sanders supporter trying to murder GOP members of Congress.  GM countered with a list of shootings he considered to be politically motivated and I showed how they were not.  You responded to his list with the post I quoted.  If you did not mean to hitch your wagon to GM's argument then I humbly withdraw my rebuttal.

Again...just not this time.
(06-29-2018, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  If you did not mean to hitch your wagon to GM's argument then I humbly withdraw my rebuttal.

GM and I are discussing the exact same thing.  Here is the post you responded to.

(06-29-2018, 10:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's the point about the rhetoric from Trump and others.

We are talking about the effects of rhetoric from a political source inciting violence.
(06-29-2018, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The Giffords shooter is so mentally ill he remains incompetent to stand trial.  You really want to try and ascribe motivations to a person that mentally ill?

If Loghner had been killed at the scene like Hodgkinson you would not have a point to argue.
(06-29-2018, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Loghner had been killed at the scene like Hodgkinson you would not have a point to argue.

But he wasn't, so I do.  What exactly is your point?
(06-29-2018, 12:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But he wasn't, so I do.  What exactly is your point?

My point is that it is impossible to determine that Hodgkinson was not just as mentally unstable as Loghner yet you argue they are different.

Not really. I said his actions of condoning violence against media and his condolences are insulting. 
(06-29-2018, 12:49 PM)Benton Wrote: Not really. I said his actions of condoning violence against media and his condolences are insulting. 

Okey Dokey. I suppose I inferred your point incorrectly or you're not being completely forthright here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2018, 12:49 PM)Benton Wrote: Not really. I said his actions of condoning violence against media and his condolences are insulting. 

This.

You can't call them "an enemy of the State"  then claim to offer thoughts and prayers when they are treated like an enemy of the state.

I am not blaming Trump for this shooting, but it is like offering thoughts and prayers for Al Queda if Bin Laden had died in a car wreck.
Trump this morning..

.@POTUS: "I'd like to address the horrific shooting that took place yesterday at #CapitalGazette newsroom... Journalists, like all Americans, should be free from the fear of being violently attacked while doing their job."

I mean let's keep playing the fool I guess. Let's just say Trump Supporters are plugging their ears, and covering their eyes as video's of Trumps attacks on Journalist at every speech gets played on every station but Fox News.

On a side note, I knew this wasn't a minority shooter when he was taken alive. And he surely won't be called a terrorist. I maintain the color of your skin shouldn't determine how these mass shooters are defined. But in the America we live in they are.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Se are we really trying to push the narrative that because Trump has criticized to journalists in the past he cannot feel sympathy and sadness when a member(s) of that career field are gunned down?

Seems like an absurd premise. For instance I am against abortion (as long as someone capable to raise the child wants it). Does that mean I cannot feel sorrow and have sympathy for the family if an abortionist is murdered or does the dynamic only hold true for Trump?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I guess if you believe Trump. But if you are watching these videos of Trumps attacks on Journalist then I'm not sure you can suddenly believe he cares about Journalist. I don't have to act like he does. I can call a spade a spade. But now Trump supporters have to act like he's sympathetic towards Journalists. Poor things. It's got to be hard to have to flip flop like this all the time.

(06-29-2018, 10:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Calling a group an enemy of the people or consistently blaming them for the world's problems makes it easier to consider violence. It falls in with politicians saying people need to exercise their 2nd amendment rights... and then acting shocked when someone does. What did they think they were advocating? Trump calling the press an enemy and then offering his "thoughts and prayers" is insulting.

My ex-wife is a Steeler fan. When her grandmother died a couple weeks ago, I offered her my condolences and prayers. She was not insulted.
(06-29-2018, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Se are we really trying to push the narrative that because Trump has criticized to journalists in the past he cannot feel sympathy and sadness when a member(s) of that career field are gunned down?

Seems like an absurd premise. For instance I am against abortion (as long as someone capable to raise the child wants it). Does that mean I cannot feel sorrow and have sympathy for the family if an abortionist is murdered or does the dynamic only hold true for Trump?

Have you called abortion doctors "enemies" and said you support violence from your supporters aimed at those "losers" who disagree with you?  Otherwise it's not the same.

Trump has shown very little ability to have empathy for anyone short of himself.

One "thoughts and prayers" tweet coming after his constant stream of rhetoric is so much peeing in the ocean.

That isn't to say it's not possible that he had a moment of sympathy...just that his past actions make it improbable that it is anymore than a platitude with no sincere thought behind it.
(06-29-2018, 01:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Have you called abortion doctors "enemies" and said you support violence from your supporters aimed at those "losers" who disagree with you?  Otherwise it's not the same.

Trump has shown very little ability to have empathy for anyone short of himself.

One "thoughts and prayers" tweet coming after his constant stream of rhetoric is so much peeing in the ocean.

That isn't to say it's not possible that he had a moment of sympathy...just that his past actions make it improbable that it is anymore than a platitude with no sincere thought behind it.

They don't want to acknowledge Trumps past remarks. They are busy trying to sell us on Trump being sympathetic to reporters as if we don't have access to video's of his 2 year long attacks on journalists. But if people willing to play the fool, then what more can one say?