Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active shooter in Maryland
(06-29-2018, 02:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: They don't want to acknowledge Trumps past remarks. They are busy trying to sell us on Trump being sympathetic to reporters as if we don't have access to video's of his 2 year long attacks on journalists. But if people willing to play the fool, then what more can one say?

I have criticized Trump's comments about the media numerous times, as well as comments about the judicial branch, John McCain and others. So you can save your "play the fool" comments for those to whom it fits.

I'm just not so far out there as to draw this correlation especially when the early reports indicate this guy has had a running feud with that newspaper for 6 years.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-29-2018, 02:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: They don't want to acknowledge Trumps past remarks. They are busy trying to sell us on Trump being sympathetic to reporters as if we don't have access to video's of his 2 year long attacks on journalists. But if people willing to play the fool, then what more can one say?

And around here some get caught up in their own spin.  Claiming something happened, being told it did not, and then continuing to cry the blues about what didn't happen.

It's a distraction tool used by the usual suspects.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-29-2018, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote:
Again...just not this time.

No not at all.  If someone has nothing to do with it, then they had nothing to do with it.  You can't say well they sorta had something to do with the thing they had nothing to do with.

And you keep saying not this time.  What are the times he did?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-29-2018, 02:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No not at all.  If someone has nothing to do with it, then they had nothing to do with it.  You can't say well they sorta had something to do with the thing they had nothing to do with.

And you keep saying not this time.  What are the times he did?

Maybe it hasn't happened yet...maybe it won't.  That does not make the rhetoric okay.  And calling out anyone, including the POTUS for his hateful speech is okay in my book.
(06-29-2018, 02:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe it hasn't happened yet...maybe it won't.  That does not make the rhetoric okay.  And calling out anyone, including the POTUS for his hateful speech is okay in my book.

I have no problem calling him out on his nonsense, it's just the "not this time" seems to imply other times.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-29-2018, 02:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I have no problem calling him out on his nonsense, it's just the "not this time" seems to imply other times.  

Sadly there are folks that will use tragic events such as this to escalate their political agenda; even when the event is unrelated. These folks should be ashamed of themselves.

(06-29-2018, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Se are we really trying to push the narrative that because Trump has criticized to journalists in the past he cannot feel sympathy and sadness when a member(s) of that career field are gunned down?

Seems like an absurd premise.

Link to your "Thoughts and prayers for the Bin Laden family" thread, please.
(06-29-2018, 02:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I have no problem calling him out on his nonsense, it's just the "not this time" seems to imply other times.  

Throughout the thread I and others have discussed "other times" where rhetoric has lead to violence.  

As soon as there was a possible motive for this shooting the usual suspects jumped in saying no one should even have THOUGHT to blame Trump for this...which is asinine.  Given his heated rhetoric for walking to punch his opponents, willingness to pay the legal fees of others who do punch them and his calling of the media as "the enemy" it doesn't take much to think it could have happened.  Fortunately for him it did not.  This time.  But the existence of shirts like in the tweet and the ravid support of the liar who keeps pushing that theme we have to hope the wrong person doesn't get the wrong idea from the wrong president.
(06-29-2018, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sadly there are folks that will use tragic events such as this to escalate their political agenda; even when the event is unrelated. These folks should be ashamed of themselves.

And the usual suspects keep getting caught up in arguing about something that was never said and avoiding a discussion that is separate and apart from the shooting incident.

Shame indeed.
(06-29-2018, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to your "Thoughts and prayers for the Bin Laden family" thread, please.

I do/did feel sympathy for members of Bin Landen's family'; especially the female members that I am sure endured a living hell. WTS, I have no idea of the correlation.

(06-28-2018, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But we will have to hear all the NRA nuts further their agenda by acting like "assault weapon bans" are the only type of gun control.

Thoughts and prayers to the people who want to take some action to control gun violence in America.

The action would be to treat each other better...

The action would be to get these violent people off the street...  Pulling the guns wont solve either.
(06-29-2018, 02:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: And the usual suspects keep getting caught up in arguing about something that was never said and avoiding a discussion that is separate and apart from the shooting incident.

Shame indeed.

What's up with you and your "usual suspects" thing? Are you incapable of holding a discussion with people? Why are you so enamored with having a useless discussion with the ether?
(06-29-2018, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The action would be to get these violent people off the street.

I agree.

Would you be in favor of a law that would make it much easier to arrest felons for being in possession of weapons without taking guns away from any law abiding citizens?
(06-29-2018, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sadly there are folks that will use tragic events such as this to escalate their political agenda; even when the event is unrelated. These folks should be ashamed of themselves.

Yesterday before a lot of the details were know, Nancy Pelosi tweeted "Congress has a responsibility to take action to prevent the tragedy of gun violence. Every day it fails to do so is a stain on our country."

On a side note, Chicago had like 28 wounded with 7 dead over Memorial Day weekend. How is Congress going to prevent that kind of gun violence? I am guessing based on the overall mum silence on urban gun violence by those on the left like Pelosi, they don't want to venture into waters of root cause of this kind of gun violence. It's quite a bit easier to motivate their base when it comes to mass shootings, as those seem more easier to solve in their opinions, which in reality they aren't.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-29-2018, 03:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote:  I am guessing based on the overall mum silence on urban gun violence by those on the left like Pelosi, they don't want to venture into waters of root cause of this kind of gun violence. 

There is not "mum silence".  Every argument for gun registration and training is aimed at taking guns out of the hands of criminals and is not related to mass shootings.

The right has nor response to these laws other than "We can't enact common sense gun control laws because they might try to enct other laws in the future."
(06-29-2018, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What's up with you and your "usual suspects" thing? Are you incapable of holding a discussion with people? Why are you so enamored with having a useless discussion with the ether?

Nervous

Pretty common phrase around here.

I was having a discussion until someone decided that something was said that wasn't and decided to try and derail the conversation.  I tried to engage and explain.  Can you stay on topic though?  Thanks!
(06-29-2018, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is not "mum silence".  Every argument for gun registration and training is aimed at taking guns out of the hands of criminals and is not related to mass shootings.

The right has nor response to these laws other than "We can't enact common sense gun control laws because they might try to enct other laws in the future."

Actually, the right's response is more like "Let's actually enforce the laws already on the books before we add more laws that won't be enforced." ThumbsUp
(06-29-2018, 03:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yesterday before a lot of the details were know, Nancy Pelosi tweeted "Congress has a responsibility to take action to prevent the tragedy of gun violence. Every day it fails to do so is a stain on our country."

On a side note, Chicago had like 28 wounded with 7 dead over Memorial Day weekend. How is Congress going to prevent that kind of gun violence? I am guessing based on the overall mum silence on urban gun violence by those on the left like Pelosi, they don't want to venture into waters of root cause of this kind of gun violence. It's quite a bit easier to motivate their base when it comes to mass shootings, as those seem more easier to solve in their opinions, which in reality they aren't.

Well, I lean much further to the left than many Conservatives when it comes to gun laws. So I really have no issue with calls for more legislation. bfine's rules would probably be too restrictive for a number of liberals.

My issue come when folks try to blame someone other than the sick individual that committed heinous acts such as this.

(06-29-2018, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nervous

Pretty common phrase around here.

Uttered by you. I didn't go through the whole list, but I looked at the first few non-GMDino posts that had the phrase in it and they were all from people like me quoting YOU! 

(06-29-2018, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was having a discussion until someone decided that something was said that wasn't and decided to try and derail the conversation.  I tried to engage and explain.  

Then do so without talking to the air whining about "the usual suspects". 

(06-29-2018, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Can you stay on topic though?  Thanks!

I was until you decided to whine about "the usual suspects".  ThumbsUp
(06-29-2018, 03:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Uttered by you. I didn't go through the whole list, but I looked at the first few non-GMDino posts that had the phrase in it and they were all from people like me quoting YOU! 

See that's the lack of research that leads to bad conclusions. There are six pages of that phrase being used. It used by quite a few people.

(06-29-2018, 03:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Then do so without talking to the air whining about "the usual suspects". 

Should I now ask if are the arbitror of what phrases people can and cannot use? Smirk

(06-29-2018, 03:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was until you decided to whine about "the usual suspects".  ThumbsUp

No whining...simple facts.

And with that I'm going back to the topic of the thread and not your whining about my alleged whining. Mellow