Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual Final Mock
After hearing that there might be concerns with Washington's character/medical and hearing Forbes' name mentioned more and more as a potential Bengals pick, I have chosen to change up my final mock some.

I am not going to post Rds 5-7, as they are the same as my last mock (Luepke, Tune, Remigio).

1) Emmanuel Forbes, CB Miss St (6'1", 166 lb) - While I don't like how light he is currently, he played at 180 lbs in college and I think he can bulk up even a bit further to around 185 lbs. He's a ball hawk and extremely twitchy and fast. Anarumo would love him as a future replacement for Awuzie.
*If Mayer is available here, I think they go Mayer instead. Great production, versatile, and hometown guy. Then get a CB like DJ Turner in Rd 2.

2) Tucker Kraft, TE SDSU (6'5", 254 lb) - I would have gone LaPorta here, but we're hearing this week he could be going earlier than I thought and won't be available at 60. So I chose to go with a guy with really high ceiling but needs a year to develop as backup. Kraft I think could have been in discussion as a 1st round pick if he played at a FBS school. He's a big dude who shows good athleticism and pass catching ability but also can block pretty well. I think Kraft has the potential to develop into a Top 10 TE in the league, but he might just be middle-of-the-pack initially while he adjusts to the pro game.

3) Warren McClendon Jr, RT Georgia (6'4", 306 lb) - Two-time national champion RT prospect who has shown to succeed specifically as a run blocker in both gap and zone. In pass protection, he's held his own against the likes of Aidan Hutchinson, David Ojabo, and Will Anderson. From tape I've watched on him, he does a good job trying to stay between the defender and the QB in the pass game, showing necessary strength and mirroring ability. He needs some refinement on his mechanics to have more consistency, but he should offer the necessary athleticism, power, size, and mentality to become a starter. McClendon also could offer some enticing play at Guard if a team wished to try him there.

4) Chase Brown, RB Illinois (5'9", 205 lb) - Willing blocker who has the speed to make big plays. Was a true bellcow at Illinois his final season. Put up nearly 1900 yards from scrimmage across 12 games. I have the Bengals going back-to-back RBs to get a bigger guy who can help complement Brown the very next round (Luepke), making Brown's size less concerning.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would be really happy with this Draft Ocho. Forbes could be great down the road once he gains a little weight. Kraft is great
after the catch and could learn from Irv Smith who this is also a strength of his. McClendon I have been high on for awhile, I
think he could be great depth for us at the very least. Chase Brown is probably the best pass protecting RB in this class and
getting him and Luepke just makes our RB room deep and lets us let Mixon go and saves us money.

Great job Ocho, hope it goes down like this. Cool
Reply/Quote
We'll see you're real fina Final FINAL mock, Thursday morning.

.......fibber
Reply/Quote
Follow this one closely, boys. He's aiming to go 4/4 this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: After hearing that there might be concerns with Washington's character/medical and hearing Forbes' name mentioned more and more as a potential Bengals pick, I have chosen to change up my final mock some.

I am not going to post Rds 5-7, as they are the same as my last mock (Luepke, Tune, Remigio).

1) Emmanuel Forbes, CB Miss St (6'1", 166 lb) - While I don't like how light he is currently, he played at 180 lbs in college and I think he can bulk up even a bit further to around 185 lbs. He's a ball hawk and extremely twitchy and fast. Anarumo would love him as a future replacement for Awuzie.
*If Mayer is available here, I think they go Mayer instead. Great production, versatile, and hometown guy. Then get a CB like DJ Turner in Rd 2.

2) Tucker Kraft, TE SDSU (6'5", 254 lb) - I would have gone LaPorta here, but we're hearing this week he could be going earlier than I thought and won't be available at 60. So I chose to go with a guy with really high ceiling but needs a year to develop as backup. Kraft I think could have been in discussion as a 1st round pick if he played at a FBS school. He's a big dude who shows good athleticism and pass catching ability but also can block pretty well. I think Kraft has the potential to develop into a Top 10 TE in the league, but he might just be middle-of-the-pack initially while he adjusts to the pro game.

3) Warren McClendon Jr, RT Georgia (6'4", 306 lb) - Two-time national champion RT prospect who has shown to succeed specifically as a run blocker in both gap and zone. In pass protection, he's held his own against the likes of Aidan Hutchinson, David Ojabo, and Will Anderson. From tape I've watched on him, he does a good job trying to stay between the defender and the QB in the pass game, showing necessary strength and mirroring ability. He needs some refinement on his mechanics to have more consistency, but he should offer the necessary athleticism, power, size, and mentality to become a starter. McClendon also could offer some enticing play at Guard if a team wished to try him there.

4) Chase Brown, RB Illinois (5'9", 205 lb) - Willing blocker who has the speed to make big plays. Was a true bellcow at Illinois his final season. Put up nearly 1900 yards from scrimmage across 12 games. I have the Bengals going back-to-back RBs to get a bigger guy who can help complement Brown the very next round (Luepke), making Brown's size less concerning.
If Forbes is gone I think they'd even consider Brents at that spot. He fits what we look for and he probably won't be there at 60.
Reply/Quote
Here’s mine:
1. Michael Mayer ND
2. Mathew Bergeron OT Syracuse
3. Darius Rush CB South Carolina
4. K J Henry DE Clemson
5. Jalen Redmond DT Oklahoma
6. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA
7. Xazavian Valladay RB Arizona
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Solid work. I’d take either of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 10:59 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Here’s mine:
1. Michael Mayer ND
2. Mathew Bergeron OT Syracuse
3. Darius Rush CB South Carolina
4. K J Henry DE Clemson
5. Jalen Redmond DT Oklahoma
6. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA
7. Xazavian Valladay RB Arizona

I'd definitely be ok with yours other than not getting a RB until Rd 7.
What's your thought though if Mayer isn't available?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd definitely be ok with yours other than not getting a RB until Rd 7.
What's your thought though if Mayer isn't available?

I know they plan to take a running back. So I’m probably off there. I know they’ve been looking at Anton Harrison. Forbes has to be in play. Truly I think it is BPA. I wouldn’t rule out a DT/Edge guy. I’m less certain than I’ve ever been. So who knows. But I can see a scenario where no RB they like is there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 11:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know they plan to take a running back. So I’m probably off there. I know they’ve been looking at Anton Harrison. Forbes has to be in play. Truly I think it is BPA. I wouldn’t rule out a DT/Edge guy. I’m less certain than I’ve ever been. So who knows. But I can see a scenario where no RB they like is there.

That's interesting.
I've not pegged him to Bengals with them adding Brown, as I've been considering him only as an athletic LT, not much power.
I guess I've still been stuck in the more old-school mentality that a RT needs to be much more of a run blocker than Harrison is.
He's spent all but 1 game at LT the past two seasons, so there would likely be somewhat of a learning curve for RT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: After hearing that there might be concerns with Washington's character/medical and hearing Forbes' name mentioned more and more as a potential Bengals pick, I have chosen to change up my final mock some.

I think you'll be able to get McClendon in rounds 5 or 6.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's interesting.
I've not pegged him to Bengals with them adding Brown, as I've been considering him only as an athletic LT, not much power.
I guess I've still been stuck in the more old-school mentality that a RT needs to be much more of a run blocker than Harrison is.
He's spent all but 1 game at LT the past two seasons, so there would likely be somewhat of a learning curve for RT.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/anton-harrison-ot-oklahoma-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

I doubt he’s there first choice at 28 but they’ve got such great analytics they have to really focus on expected options at 28. But if I’m not mistaken the way teams move their edge rushers around having a guy with 4 sacks in about 30 games in college is pretty enticing. Harrison’s big advantage is he’s young and huge upside. We’ve discussed the Bengals and they may be looking at 2024 for him to take off. Plus if Brown goes down he can sure do it.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 12:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/anton-harrison-ot-oklahoma-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

I doubt he’s there first choice at 28 but they’ve got such great analytics they have to really focus on expected options at 28. But if I’m not mistaken the way teams move their edge rushers around having a guy with 4 sacks in about 30 games in college is pretty enticing. Harrison’s big advantage is he’s young and huge upside. We’ve discussed the Bengals and they may be looking at 2024 for him to take off. Plus if Brown goes down he can sure do it.

Good points, although I think some fans would get quite irritated if the Bengals spent a 1st round pick on an OL and that OL wasn't starting as a rookie.
We know some fans were irritated by the Dax Hill selection because he was going to have to ride the pine for a year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 12:35 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I think you'll be able to get McClendon in rounds 5 or 6.  

Possibly, but we won't know how much the Bengals will like him. Aside from that, TDN has McClendon as their 100th overall prospect, so they see him as a late 3rd, early 4th.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 12:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good points, although I think some fans would get quite irritated if the Bengals spent a 1st round pick on an OL and that OL wasn't starting as a rookie.
We know some fans were irritated by the Dax Hill selection because he was going to have to ride the pine for a year.

Now that’s funny after all the bitching about the OL LOL. I can’t see a scenario with Jonah or La El on the roster in ‘24 or maybe ‘23. Harrison gives them insurance to play either tackle. That’s pretty vital.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Now that’s funny after all the bitching about the OL LOL. I can’t see a scenario with Jonah or La El on the roster in ‘24 or maybe ‘23. Harrison gives them insurance to play either tackle. That’s pretty vital.

I agree with not having Jonah or Collins after this season.
However, I think some people would be frustrated if an OT is taken who essentially sits for a season, possibly two depending on how well Carman shows at RT.
I've come to accept that the Bengals like to take draft picks a year or two early, but I know some people see this team as being 1-2 players away and really would like the 1st rounder to be an immediate contributor.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree with not having Jonah or Collins after this season.
However, I think some people would be frustrated if an OT is taken who essentially sits for a season, possibly two depending on how well Carman shows at RT.
I've come to accept that the Bengals like to take draft picks a year or two early, but I know some people see this team as being 1-2 players away and really would like the 1st rounder to be an immediate contributor.

Other than tight end I don’t see a starter need at any position. There’s some contingencies. If Awouzie isn’t 100%. I look for them to try to get a running back early but my mock reflects no because they don’t get anybody they like. But Mixon has a day of reckoning on his contract and they need a bargaining chip.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Other than tight end I don’t see a starter need at any position. There’s some contingencies. If Awouzie isn’t 100%. I look for them to try to get a running back early but my mock reflects no because they don’t get anybody they like. But Mixon has a day of reckoning on his contract and they need a bargaining chip.

Agree, except we have a starting caliber TE in Smith.  I would argue that RT is more of a major question mark this year than TE.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Other than tight end I don’t see a starter need at any position. There’s some contingencies. If Awouzie isn’t 100%. I look for them to try to get a running back early but my mock reflects no because they don’t get anybody they like. But Mixon has a day of reckoning on his contract and they need a bargaining chip.

While you might think that, some others might see RT as a need for a starter.
You've got Jonah Williams, who hasn't played RT in 5+ years and has wanted a trade.
You've got Jackson Carman, who hasn't played RT but did well at LT last postseason, for the most part. Did not do well at OG when given opportunity there.
You've got Cody Ford, who came out of college playing RT but did not do well in the NFL at OG.

There's uncertainty out of all those guys, so I think some want a new RT in the draft who has been playing RT that they can feel more comfortable with.
But if that guy is taken and still doesn't get the start, I think those fans may get frustrated that they didn't get someone good enough to hold that position over these vets who haven't been playing RT in recent years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree, except we have a starting caliber TE in Smith.  I would argue that RT is more of a major question mark this year than TE.

Meh. Debatable.
Hasn't been a full-time starter any season. Most starts in a season were 7.
Just 1 start last year out of 8 games played.
There's understandably worry that he won't be good enough and/or healthy enough to cover the starting duties all/most of this season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote