Poll: What should the Bengals do regarding Adam (Pacman) Jones' future ?
Bring him back to start – experienced Veteran
Bring him back if he is willing to take a lesser role, less money & for depth
Bring him back because he plays with passion – tell him he must earn his role
Let him go to free up money
Let him go to change the culture, “thug” image of the team & free up money
Let him go because he may not react well to not starting/role change
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adam Jones aka Pacman's future Poll
With at least some "change" in the air, the Bengals have the option of more change when it comes to the future of cornerback Adam Jones.

Vote in this Poll on what you think the Bengals should do regarding Adam (Pacman) Jones going forward.

Time to part ways or not.
Reply/Quote
I'm personally sick of his "thug" persona and his drop in skill makes him much easier to part with.

Get him gone.
Reply/Quote
Unless you want WJIII back on the bench, Jones should be released.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unless you want WJIII back on the bench, Jones should be released.

It's up to Marvin. Therefore, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if pacman "the proven veteran" gets the start over Jackson the "young up-and-comer"  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I say if you can get him cheap, he might be good depth, and a good return man.  Otherwise, not worth the headache.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Cut him, save the money.
CB lineup for next season:
WJIII
Kirkpatrick
Dennard
Shaw/Russell

Pretty good top 5 guys already on team.
Reply/Quote
Cut him, save the money to throw at Ryan Jensen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I chose to say let him go, but as a close second I wouldn't mind putting him way in the background, let him be the 5th/6th corner and focus on returning kicks as his primary job.....this would have to be with a pay cut of course. Thus if he screws up again you just let him go, and the team hasn't lost a starter, but a replaceable returner.
Reply/Quote
I think it is the right time to let him go. His off the field antics didn't bother me as much as his on the field antics did.
Reply/Quote
Pac's not a free agent.

If we were tight against the cap I might consider cutting him, but we are not and I like his passion.
Reply/Quote
Wanted him cut last year, and said he's no longer worth the risk at an age where a decline is likely.

So yeah, - again - I want him cut, and I was right about his decline.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Cut him- he isn't a starter anymore and we can add a qaulity player for him that could contribute.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It would be crazy to let him go. Yes, he has dropped a step, but he is still a top corner. Add to that his knowledge of the game, and he is a tremendous asset to players like Jackson and Dennard. I'm not saying he should still start, but in a backup corner player/coach type role, he is extremely valuable. Having him available to return punts, and fill in for injured corners with little drop off makes his salary worth it. He's in his last year, right?  
Reply/Quote
Two words mentioned already are what I like most about Pacman, knowledge and passion. I’d be fine keeping him around in a diminished role. He’d probably make a good position coach when he retires too.

Reply/Quote
You can never have enough good corners.

At one point this season they were playing Dennard Russell and Shaw because everyone was hurt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Cut him for money (they already missed their chance to do it for image reasons when they brought him back for 2017, that ship has sailed). I'd be willing to bring him back for like $1m in a purely returner role.

I think his career at CB is done, unless Zimmer wants him up in Minnesota, in which case he'll probably be a Pro Bowler for the next two years somehow. Lol

Sadly Kirkpatrick has too much dead money if he was cut, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cut him..3 years to late
Reply/Quote
Hell, I think I was the only one in the forum that wanted to keep Leon hall over him, WTS, I have no problem with letting him finish out his contract if he performs and earns a spot in the preseason.

Although he's not a FA we do have an "out clause" in his contract and cutting him would free up about $6.4 Mil and would only cost us about $600K in dead money.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unless you want WJIII back on the bench, Jones should be released.

Exactly. Same goes for Dennard, who had a solid year overall and deserves more snaps along with WJ3.
Plus, since the Bengals decided to pick up Dennard's 5th year option, they need to play him even more to see if it warrants a 2nd contract.
And personally, I'd like to see him back if Kirkpatrick keeps playing like he did in 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't think he'll be cut, but he may have to take a lesser role just because we have WJ to take over. 
He can still return punts with the best of them so he is not without value. 
I don't really care about the off field stuff. I don't hang out with him and how it does or doesn't affect the quality of play on the field isn't really an issue. 
Time will tell though and the only one who really gets a vote is the guy who signs the paychecks..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote