Poll: What should the Bengals do regarding Adam (Pacman) Jones' future ?
Bring him back to start – experienced Veteran
Bring him back if he is willing to take a lesser role, less money & for depth
Bring him back because he plays with passion – tell him he must earn his role
Let him go to free up money
Let him go to change the culture, “thug” image of the team & free up money
Let him go because he may not react well to not starting/role change
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adam Jones aka Pacman's future Poll
(01-17-2018, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I think I was the only one in the forum that wanted to keep Leon hall over him, WTS, I have no problem with letting him finish out his contract if he performs and earns a spot in the preseason.

Although he's not a FA we do have an "out clause" in his contract and cutting him would free up about $6.4 Mil and would only cost us about $600K in dead money.

*Raises hand*
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Get rid of him. He's a piece of shit criminal that the Bengals should have released quite a while ago.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't think that even the Bengals are nuts enough to sit Jackson down or reduce his snaps. Pacman has to accept a lesser role at a reduced salary, or say so long. Jackson, Dennard and Kirkpatrick make a very nice top three corners. Pack had his day, and was a tough competitor, but in a way, his departure would be a relief.
Reply/Quote
He lost me with his last run in with the law. I can forgive 20 year old kids for even the most despicable acts, not a 35 year old man who is supposed to be a role model for the younger players.
Reply/Quote
MB isn't paying Jones 7m to be a backup. That decision will come from upstairs. If Jones is back he's starting.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Even if we have tons of cap room there are certainly players we can spend that on. Let Jones go, and use the roster spot to draft a new corner this year (my top 4 draft position picks would be C/G, LT, CB, and LB/NB in that order).

Reply/Quote
if we bring him back id say at a reduced salary and role and let the younger guys handle most the work load with him mentoring on the field (not off it lol) and spelling a guy here or there for a breather
Reply/Quote
He should have been cut last year after his arrest and everything that happened with that.

Still a disgrace and I'm still sickened by Marvin backing him the way he did.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Let him punt return and be the 4th corner. Shaw stunk it up last year if his play is the same this year and we release Jones we will need three new corners too many to replace when you need to fix the O line issues. I don't see him taking a pay cut Zimmer will pick him up in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
To my surprise, Jones kept his head down and his mouth shut after serving his suspension, and I have to give him props for that. That's enough for bringing him back in a reduced CB role (and an increased returner role), because he still plays like he givesadamn. I'll change my mind if he's involved in any untoward activity in the offseason or if anything happens during games. IDGAF about the money he or any player makes.
Reply/Quote
I said let him earn his role. See what he can do. His season ended on a pick against the Steelers. I have to give him a shot. It might not be a big role for him, but he can still return punts....better than Erikson.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'd like reduced role.

Backup CB, Punt Returner.

He's overpaid for that. Not sure what happens in that department.

Other than the decline in Pacman's play I sure wish we'd shake his thug off field actions.

Getting rid of him sadly probably wouldn't change that.

Drafting Mixon only fueled public perception that our team loves criminals.

It is what it is. I think the jury of NFL fans have already decided the Bengals are low-lifes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Quote:It is what it is. I think the jury of NFL fans have already decided the Bengals are low-lifes.
Which counts for exactly nothing.. Nobody cares what the jury of fans think about the Bengals..They don't get a vote. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 08:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: Which counts for exactly nothing.. Nobody cares what the jury of fans think about the Bengals..They don't get a vote. 
That was kind of my point.

"Reclamation"projects are Mike Brown's bread and butter.  Even his Father's opinion couldn't change that.

Bengals might as well wear prison outfits.

Fans of other teams, media, etc. have already decided the team we root for are criminals.

Letting go of ol' Pacman sure as hell won't change it.  So who cares anymore?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 05:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: MB isn't paying Jones 7m to be a backup. That decision will come from upstairs. If Jones is back he's starting.

By that logic he's not paying Dre to be a backup, either.  Somebody's gotta go or take a reduced role to make room for WJ3.  
Reply/Quote
I don’t see Pacman going anywhere. Mike Brown loves him too much.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:44 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don’t see Pacman going anywhere. Mike Brown loves him too much.

Unfortunately true for some strange reason.  Maybe they hit the "script clubs" together. 

Have wanted the punk cut for a few years now. But he is an incredible punt returner, will give him that.

Plus always blamed him more on playoff debacle. Hill and Burficts mistakes were made out of effort. 

Jones was a mental mistake that he was baited into making. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Should have been cut last year. It’s only a matter of time before he embarrasses the team & himself again.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 03:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Unfortunately true for some strange reason.  Maybe they hit the "script clubs" together. 
They both love going to Wendy's and showing off their firearm collection. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He never should have played this season.
Reply/Quote