Poll: What should the Bengals do regarding Adam (Pacman) Jones' future ?
Bring him back to start – experienced Veteran
Bring him back if he is willing to take a lesser role, less money & for depth
Bring him back because he plays with passion – tell him he must earn his role
Let him go to free up money
Let him go to change the culture, “thug” image of the team & free up money
Let him go because he may not react well to not starting/role change
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adam Jones aka Pacman's future Poll
(01-22-2018, 11:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He never should have played this season.

This season?

Why not?
Reply/Quote
Over/under Pacman can go this entire offseason without getting arrested?? Hmm
Reply/Quote
Interesting to me at just how evenly split up the opinions on having Pac Man return appear to be in the Poll.

1 vote on each end of the Poll spectrum (1 vote bring back as starter & 1 vote let him go because he won't react well to a role reduction)

41 votes in the middle two "Bring him back" sections.

45 votes in the middle two "Let him go" sections.

Letting him go to change the Culture, "thug" image of the team garnishing 24 of 88 votes or 27.27%. (Less than a third)

This could imply an acceptance of the Culture, "thug" image -or- a realization that merely letting Pac Man leave won't be enough to change the Culture, "thug image" -or- a denial that the Culture is a negative -or- a who cares what image others have of the team attitude -or- some other reasons -or- Depthchart is reading too much into it, which is highly possible.

All still interesting, at least to me.

Especially how evenly split up the opinions appear to be with regards to people wanting Pac Man back or not in 2018.
Reply/Quote
I'm done with Pacman. I would have cut him after the 96 seconds of hell against steelers in the playoffs. Yes Burficts and Hill had major screw ups too but at least theirs were football plays. Bad ones but at least occurred in the game. Idiot Pacman loses his cool when hothead Porter is on the field. If Pacman had of stayed calm he could have goaded Porter into a penalty that would have moved Steelers out of range.

Yes that's all conjecture but earlier in the game a Steeler coach was penalized for grabbing Reggie Nelsons hair. Reggie walked away. Steelers got the penalty.

Pacman is not a leader. His "passion" is anger he cont manage. The image of thugs I can live with. The witnessing of undisciplined and unprofessional behaviour I hate.

He is the poster boy for what's wrong with this team. Undisciplined, has lost the skills, but still plays in front of better players due to misguided loyalty (read stubbornness)
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 12:18 AM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I'm done with Pacman. I would have cut him after the 96 seconds of hell against steelers in the playoffs. Yes Burficts and Hill had major screw ups too but at least theirs were football plays. Bad ones but at least occurred in the game. Idiot Pacman loses his cool when hothead Porter is on the field. If Pacman had of stayed calm he could have goaded Porter into a penalty that would have moved Steelers out of range.

Yes that's all conjecture but earlier in the game a Steeler coach was penalized for grabbing Reggie Nelsons hair. Reggie walked away. Steelers got the penalty.

Pacman is not a leader. His "passion" is anger he cont manage. The image of thugs I can live with. The witnessing of undisciplined and unprofessional behaviour I hate.

He is the poster boy for what's wrong with this team. Undisciplined, has lost the skills, but still plays in front of better players due to misguided loyalty (read stubbornness)

All very true. Peko also had no business running out on the field. He didn't even attempt to remove his sideline jacket....
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: Interesting to me at just how evenly split up the opinions on having Pac Man return appear to be in the Poll.

1 vote on each end of the Poll spectrum (1 vote bring back as starter & 1 vote let him go because he won't react well to a role reduction)

Letting him go to change the Culture, "thug" image of the team garnishing 24 of 88 votes or 27.27%. (Less than a third)

This could imply an acceptance of the Culture, "thug" image -or- a realization that merely letting Pac Man leave won't be enough to change the Culture, "thug image" -or- a denial that the Culture is a negative -or- a who cares what image others have of the team attitude -or- some other reasons -or- Depthchart is reading too much into it, which is highly possible.

Especially how evenly split up the opinions appear to be with regards to people wanting Pac Man back or not in 2018.

we were one of the cleanest teams in the leagues in reguards to arrest for a good stretch and still were considered thugs...  so its gonna take years and years of winning big to change that perception I think. It all stems back at least in recent history to Odell and Henry.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 04:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we were one of the cleanest teams in the leagues in reguards to arrest for a good stretch and still were considered thugs...  so its gonna take years and years of winning big to change that perception I think.  It all stems back at least in recent history to Odell and Henry.

Mike and Marvin have been the decision making faces of the team for a long time now, so this image may stick to them, whether fair or not.

The Joe Mixon selection raised Media hysteria over this image recently.

It may take either winning big or Ownership/Head Coach changes to really have a chance at changing this "thug" perception.

Releasing Pac Man may not nearly be enough to alter this image anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 06:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mike and Marvin have been the decision making faces of the team for a long time now, so this image may stick to them, whether fair or not.

The Joe Mixon selection raised Media hysteria over this image recently.

It may take either winning big or Ownership/Head Coach changes to really have a chance at changing this "thug" perception.

Releasing Pac Man may not nearly be enough to alter this image anytime soon.

I get it with mixon but seriously how long can people hold a grudge about things that don't concern themselves and was in the past...  and remember we talking about kids here...

He made a mistake he owned up to it.  He and the "victim" have no hard feelings and the thing is in the past.

I mean if he had been punching women or even people every year okay that's a character concern...  Making one mistake 4 years ago isn't a ***** character concern.  don't care who you are.   Character concerns are when you repeatedly make the same mistakes and don't seem to get it. (Henry / Odell / A Jones to some extend although what he gets in trouble for now is mostly minor petty stuff)

People are just too busy being busy bodies and freaking out over the dumbest and littest shit anymore

But your not gonna win a violent game with choir boys
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 06:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I get it with mixon but seriously how long can people hold a grudge about things that don't concern themselves and was in the past...  and remember we talking about kids here...

He made a mistake he owned up to it.  He and the "victim" have no hard feelings and the thing is in the past.

I mean if he had been punching women or even people every year okay that's a character concern...  Making one mistake 4 years ago isn't a ***** character concern.  don't care who you are.   Character concerns are when you repeatedly make the same mistakes and don't seem to get it. (Henry / Odell / A Jones to some extend although what he gets in trouble for now is mostly minor petty stuff)

People are just too busy being busy bodies and freaking out over the dumbest and littest shit anymore

But your not gonna win a violent game with choir boys

The Media drove the Joe Mixon issue coupled with fan interest in an issue where a guy knocks out a woman.

Mixon seems to be walking the line and staying out of trouble. Hopefully grows up & learns from it. I think he will.

The fact that the Bengals (Mike Brown) drafted Mixon did not surprise many Nationally which has me thinking that the "thug" image is attached to Mike & Marvin as being decision makers that will take players that other teams won't take.

This image hangs on them in a sense. It sticks to Mike and Marvin. So just releasing say Pac Man won't change it.

It may take a New Owner and New Head Coach to detach the Bengal name from this image.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 06:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Media drove the Joe Mixon issue coupled with fan interest in an issue where a guy knocks out a woman.

Mixon seems to be walking the line and staying out of trouble. Hopefully grows up & learns from it. I think he will.

The fact that the Bengals (Mike Brown) drafted Mixon did not surprise many Nationally which has me thinking that the "thug" image is attached to Mike & Marvin as being decision makers that will take players that other teams won't take.

This image hangs on them in a sense. It sticks to Mike and Marvin. So just releasing say Pac Man won't change it.

It may take a New Owner and New Head Coach to detach the Bengal name from this image.
You're right about that. It was hard watching games on TV about week 8, and some broadcaster would still bring up Mixon and his past. It's as if we hadn't heard about it the previous 7 weeks....
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 07:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You're right about that. It was hard watching games on TV about week 8, and some broadcaster would still bring up Mixon and his past. It's as if we hadn't heard about it the previous 7 weeks....

The team losing and Mixon's limited success in 2017 actually muted the Media attention.

Had Mixon been the NFL's leading rusher or if the Bengals were playing in the Super Bowl this coming week, then the Media would be in full force talking about Mixon's past.

When the Spotlight shines on the individual player or team, then the Media rehashes any interesting or controversial story lines.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think it is the right time to let him go. His off the field antics didn't bother me as much as his on the field antics did.
as far as adam jones goes, to me he is a fierce warrior on the field,especially returning kicks,however in his mind he is a street thug and always has been,when he was younger he was a force on the field,but his game skills is now way way behind him and he is hurting the team.he gets a pi every game and he wears on his teammates as a bad boy.He brings out things in todays game just hurts the whole team.TIME TO GO AND RETIRE AND SIT ON THE GOLF CART WITH MIKEY.LEAVE NOW,AND ALLOW THE FASTER YOUNGER GUNS TIME TO SHINE.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 06:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He made a mistake he owned up to it.  He and the "victim" have no hard feelings and the thing is in the past.

This.  I believe in second chances (especially with college aged guys), but some people just don't get it.

Odell Thurman got in trouble so much in college that he was kicked off the football team for an entire year.  Then when they let him come back he got suspended again before he could finish his final season.  Drafting a guy like that was a HUGE mistake.  Drafting Mixon was nothing compared to that.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: Interesting to me at just how evenly split up the opinions on having Pac Man return appear to be in the Poll.

Pac man only has a thug image to subborbon white people who have no clue what an actual thug is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The whole 'thug' line is old news. I'd venture to guess that if every player were paid what they're really worth instead of what they're perceived to be worth the conversation would be around the same conversations about coal miners in the 1920s with the league bringing in their own private armies to force players to play football at the end of a bayonet. The only guys who would even consider playing would be guys who couldn't make a living any other way. 
I know. The argument about the fact that they all had to go to college makes it appear that they're all highly educated, but somehow you get the feeling that the overwhelming majority of football players didn't exactly excell at academic excellence with advanced degrees in rocket science  and other highly skilled endeavors . A few here and there actually do go on to use their heads for something beside a place to hang their helmets, but it's the exception instead of the rule .
The spin masters like us to believe that they're all great family guys who only care about things like curing diseases and caring for the elderly and go to church and blah blah blah instead of snorting drugs, getting drunk and partying till they pass out with hot looking bimbos.. 
So when a guy like Jones comes along with his checkered past they have a guy they can shine the light on to make it appear that he's the exception and old Mikey is the great giver of second and third chances and squeaky clean Brady would NEVER be associated with the likes of a guy like Aaron Hernandez and blah blah blah. 
Yup, we're the criminals while other teams are the button up collar professionals we can only hope to emulate .
If you're buying into this whole pie in the sky scenario I have some great mountain side, ocean front property in the middle of Nebraska you can purchase for the price of a used, dull and rusty pocket knife for 3000 easy payments of just 9 million bucks a week.. You better hurry because it's going fast! 
Reply/Quote