Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones decision by 3-14
The final year of Pac's contract is actually a team option. They have to exercise the option by 3-14.

$5.78 million in salary and bonus's due if we keep him.

$667K in dead money against the cap (prorated portion of signing bonus already paid) if we do not exercise option.
Reply/Quote
That's enough for an average Offensive Lineman, that would go a long way toward Dalton's sanity.
Reply/Quote
With A Jones getting older and we still have erikson as a returner... This could be it.... It was a good run he played really well his time here.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 03:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With A Jones getting older and we still have erikson as a returner...   This could be it....  It was a good run he played really well his time here.

Agree 100%. They have the bodies on this team to take his place now. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yea I was ready to let Jones go last off-season, let alone this one. They've been masking his drop-off for a while now. He has the smarts for sure, but his body is failing him more and more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll be disappointed if Jones's option is exercised because the Bengals could really use that money to improve other positions.
Now if you want to talk about Jones coming back on a deal worth only a few million a year for 1-2 years and playing a backup role, I'd be fine with that.

Although if I'm Adam Jones and the team declines the option, I'd probably be more inclined to take a cheaper contract with Minnesota given they are closer to winning a championship.
Plus, Zimmer is my guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
is 3-14 also the date for 5th year options?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is 3-14 also the date for 5th year options?

That's usually May
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd cut him in a heartbeat.

I'd also cut Kirkpatrick. I'm not sure about exact salary cap relief but combined they make about 15 million per year. Can you imagine the type of free agent that we can acquire for that type of money?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:30 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd cut him in a heartbeat.

I'd also cut Kirkpatrick. I'm not sure about exact salary cap relief but combined they make about 15 million per year. Can you imagine the type of free agent that we can acquire for that type of money?

That'd leave Shaw as the full time 3CB right? That's a risky move. He's shown potential for sure, but I don't know about relying on him completely.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:47 PM)treee Wrote: That'd leave Shaw as the full time 3CB right? That's a risky move. He's shown potential for sure, but I don't know about relying on him completely.

If you cut DK and don't pick up Jones's option, that likely would result in the Bengals drafting a CB in the first round.
Heck, the Bengals might draft a CB in the first round anyway as insurance in case Dennard doesn't get extended and leaves in FA next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The minute they cut Jones and trade Kirkpatrick, you can bet we will have at least 2 other CB's injured and all of a sudden there's a problem at Corner.,
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 05:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The minute they cut Jones and trade Kirkpatrick, you can bet we will have at least 2 other CB's injured and all of a sudden there's a problem at Corner.,

Even with the depth the Bengals had at corner in 2017 one game the starters were Dennard Russell and Shaw. Marvin even joked about moving Ross to corner because the DBs were so beat up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is 3-14 also the date for 5th year options?

Don't know but I got a feeling it's going to be our record next year (we'll lose the bye week, too). Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Should have been cut last year after he got arrested for the hundred time and should be cut this year. $5.78 million is too much for a 35 year old number 4 corner on a team that is rebuilding. Much rather spend the money on a free agent.
Reply/Quote
I doubt any team will pick him up just because he's aging and not worth the headache.

Cut him and resign him might be an option, but then we hopefully only use him as a returner and an emergency DB. Erickson was ok, but I don't think he has the big play ability on punt returns that Jones has (if he can even still do it).

Sad to see him go but I also have it engrained in my brain that he made the field goal 15 yards closer by trying to hit Joey Porter and, in the process, hitting the ref in the playoff game.

I remember being in the crippled section and thinking "we might still be ok because that's a 50 yard field go........ Sick "
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:47 PM)treee Wrote: That'd leave Shaw as the full time 3CB right? That's a risky move. He's shown potential for sure, but I don't know about relying on him completely.

You have all off season to fill the void. 

Bottom line: 15 million for kirkpatrick and jones is not money well spent. 
Reply/Quote
Should have been gone already
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:30 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd cut him in a heartbeat.

Can we cut Dre like that without paying him a ton of cash? What were the terms of his contract? I'm sure letting him go would cost enough to make MB avoid that move. If we actually cut Dre, I would have a leap of faith that this team was willing to go for it all.

Reply/Quote
Let's hope it's the right one which is get rid of him.
Reply/Quote