Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones doing the ESPN rounds Tues
Look for him on various shows including First Take

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: Look for him on various shows including First Take

Maybe he'll open his mouth and scare off the other 31 teams for us. Stranger things have happened.

I'm also hoping that Hobson was sent on a mission of disinformation by publishing that $15M while the team plans to spend more. I know that's kind of pie in the sky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
hes a horrible PR guy. bye bye. once he gets paid he wont play the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 12:36 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: hes a horrible PR guy. bye bye. once he gets paid he wont play the same.

That can be said about a lot of athletes, but I don't think Jones is one of them. He's a pure competitor...
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 12:36 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: hes a horrible PR guy. bye bye. once he gets paid he wont play the same.

Looks like you are about to get your wish. Just like I said in another thread, Bengals fans are fickle and have turned on Burfict and Jones, and much like Jones, if Burfict was a free agent, he'd be about to break the bank too. Funny how these players aren't good enough for the Bengals anymore, yet, 1/3 of the league is lining up to sign Jones to a mega deal. And will probably be praised for the signing. While Bengal fans will spend the next season cursing Dre K.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I saw his First Take interview, he said he don't understand the front office's approach to the free agents seeing that later round guys like George Iloka (Who is currently being courted by the Lions) and others, were not offered contracts earlier, as they have panned out, just like a lot of the other guys have on the team.

I hope we lose all the players we have so reality can just hit us in the face, to be honest, Iloka and M.Jones should've been signed, now you're allowing your starters, who are young, to be courted by other teams while the Hobson joker tell us stories about our diminishing monies.

#HeresToRebuildingThruTheDraft
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Doesn't sound like he wants to come back. Also seamed pissed about the Bengals not signing Iloka last offseason. Kind of funny I remember Dan Hoard talking about how having 15 free agents was "advantage" but in reality it just pissed a lot of them off that they were not taking care of.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The front office has no one to blame but themselves. Jones probably feels empowered to speak freely given the hot market that has developed for him. I don't know how the team is going to embrace a rebuild. Especially with Marvin in charge of it again. Doesn't sound like it's a welcoming thought to our free agents.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like you are about to get your wish. Just like I said in another thread, Bengals fans are fickle and have turned on Burfict and Jones, and much like Jones, if Burfict was a free agent, he'd be about to break the bank too. Funny how these players aren't good enough for the Bengals anymore, yet, 1/3 of the league is lining up to sign Jones to a mega deal. And will probably be praised for the signing. While Bengal fans will spend the next season cursing Dre K.

Who are all these Bengal fans who have turned on these two?  And who is saying they're not good enough?  I'm not seeing that at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
??? 96% of this board alone has turned on them. Check any Burfict thread. If we played a game of who said it Bengals fans, or Steelers players/their fans, when it comes to Burfict and Jones (and the wild card game results), you'd be shocked.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 01:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: ??? 96% of this board alone has turned on them.  Check any Burfict thread. If we played a game of who said it Bengals fans, or Steelers players/their fans, when it comes to Burfict and Jones (and the wild card game results), you'd be shocked.

I was in all of these thread and this is a complete lie.

Almost everyone there said that that they love Burfict and believe he is crucial to our defense.  All most of them said was that he needs to cut down on the dirty stuff.

There were a very few who wanted Burfict gone, and there were a very few who thought Burfict was a completely innocent victim of a league wide conspiracy against the Bengals.  But an overwhelming majority love burfict and want him to play for us, but they also think he needs to clean up his act.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 01:34 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: I hope we lose all the players we have so reality can just hit us in the face, 

This is getting insane.  The real "reality" is that the Bengals have almost always paid well to keep their own best players.  Basically waht you are hoping happens is a new "reality" that fits your perception.  The only possible reason you could HOPE that we lose all of our top players is that you enjoy complaining more than winning.

Also, how is it possible that there are good free agents on the market when every other team re-signs all of their good players?

The Bengals will not keep all of their top free agents, but they will not lose them all either.
Reply/Quote
Is there any videos of his appearance?
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApFhN5hUs8
Reply/Quote
Adam just said he wants to play 6 more years in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like you are about to get your wish. Just like I said in another thread, Bengals fans are fickle and have turned on Burfict and Jones, and much like Jones, if Burfict was a free agent, he'd be about to break the bank too. Funny how these players aren't good enough for the Bengals anymore, yet, 1/3 of the league is lining up to sign Jones to a mega deal. And will probably be praised for the signing. While Bengal fans will spend the next season cursing Dre K.

+rep

It's amusing to see how people spin every situation to fit their preferences.  We are talking about a corner who kicked off the season by removing a rookie's helmet and slamming the guy's head into it.  That was a boner-inducing sign that the Bengals were not a team to be messed with, but now we are bracing ourselves for that same swaggerful offender to say something that will either scare off every NFL team OR justify us in letting him go.

It's crazy, I tells ya.  Personally, I think a lot of this "Who needs 'em?  BYE!!!!!" talk is just preemptive sour grapes because we are aware some of these guys won't be back next year.  
Reply/Quote
I honestly think the Bengals are good for Adam Jones. If he doesn't stay here then the best place for him to be would be Minnesota. Maybe Cleveland. But God I'm scared of what will happen to him off the field if he goes to Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 06:05 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I honestly think the Bengals are good for Adam Jones. If he doesn't stay here then the best place for him to be would be Minnesota. Maybe Cleveland. But God I'm scared of what will happen to him off the field if he goes to Dallas.

Yup.

I bet he stays here, I am sure Deion and others are in his head about going to the market and seeing if anyone goes nuts. If someone else overpays for him then so be it. We draft a Corner and get a return man.

Katie isn't going to let all these guys walk. If we lose guys that will affect other offers.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Adam just said he wants to play 6 more years in the NFL.

Well Darrell Green played until he was 42.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Darrell Green played until he was 42.

And Adam has low mileage due to injury and suspensions.

He came into the league 11 years ago, but has only played 114 games.  That is just a little over 7 seasons worth of games.
Reply/Quote