Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones has plenty suitors
Jones sounds like he is a hot commodity on the free agent market too....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/02/several-teams-including-cowboys-in-play-for-adam-jones/

May not be an easy re-sign as we thought.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jones sounds like he is a hot commodity on the free agent market too....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/02/several-teams-including-cowboys-in-play-for-adam-jones/

At this rate, I see him using at as a ploy to get one last payday. The Bengals have Pacman as one of their "must re-signs" so I'm guessing he's back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He did say he was going to the highest bidder and willing to leave the Bengals. I believe him. Someone reminded me of the lawsuit debt, and the need for money may be the deciding factor.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jones sounds like he is a hot commodity on the free agent market too....

Either he's lying to build leverage and/or plenty of teams are breaking the NFL rules and contacting FAs outside of their own orgs before FA starts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: He did say he was going to the highest bidder and willing to leave the Bengals. I believe him. Someone reminded me of the lawsuit debt, and the need for money may be the deciding factor.

As much as I like Adam Jones you have to get him at a reasonable rate to bring him back, dude is 32. We also have Kirk, Dennard, Shaw who all looked pretty solid and could also bring Hall back cheap if Jones demands too much money. 

If it were to happen this way then we would need to get a LB, DT or WR in Free Agency to allow us to take a CB early along with 2 of the other 3 positions listed.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 06:07 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: As much as I like Adam Jones you have to get him at a reasonable rate to bring him back, dude is 32. We also have Kirk, Dennard, Shaw who all looked pretty solid and could also bring Hall back cheap if Jones demands too much money. 

If it were to happen this way then we would need to get a LB, DT or WR in Free Agency to allow us to take a CB early along with 2 of the other 3 positions listed.

There are some other CBs worth going after too. Sean Smith, Janoris Jenkins, or even Antonio Cromartie come to mind just off the top of my head.

There also needs to be consideration that Kirkpatrick and/or Dennard could be gone within the next two seasons.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I didn't think it was a deep cb draft, but the combine opened up my eyes.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are some other CBs worth going after too. Sean Smith, Janoris Jenkins, or even Antonio Cromartie come to mind just off the top of my head.

There also needs to be consideration that Kirkpatrick and/or Dennard could be gone within the next two seasons.

Jenkins wants way too much money. The Rams offered up $9 million a year and he turned it down. Someone will overpay for him. If he's not picking the ball off, then he's giving up a big play. Remember when we played St. Louis this year? He broke off of AJ and decided to provide TRIPLE coverage to SANU. He only got a pick because Dalton underthrew a ball off of his back foot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Never thought he'd be a super easy re-sign or anything because I know the rest of the NFL watched him play against Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins. Jones allowed a passer rating of 60.0 last year in his coverage. People notice these things.

REALLY need to re-sign him though because looking at the 2016 schedule, if you don't keep him that makes Kirkpatrick your #1 CB (insert raven calls, lightning strike, and impending doom music) going against Steve Smith x2, Antonio Brown x2, Josh Gordon x2, Sammy Watkins x1, Brandon Marshall x1, Dez Bryant x1, Demaryius Thomas x1 Odell Beckham Jr x1, DeSean Jackson x1, DeAndre Hopkins x1 in 2016.

He. Will. Be. Destroyed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He was always going to have a lot of suitors the guy played great last year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are some other CBs worth going after too. Sean Smith, Janoris Jenkins, or even Antonio Cromartie come to mind just off the top of my head.

If we don't resign Hall or Jones, I hope we make a run at Sean Smith or Janoris Jenkins or this secondary could be under trouble...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 07:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: If we don't resign Hall or Jones, I hope we make a run at Sean Smith or Janoris Jenkins or this secondary could be under trouble...

No idea why people keep bring up Janoris Jenkins, as mentioned above he turned down a 9 mil/yr contract and went to twitter with this gem "Total disrespect when u held down one side all 4 years and force the ball the other way.. #ThanksButNoThanks"

Now this is the same guy that has given up 22 TD's over the last 4 years with the Dline he had in St. Louis.

Thanks but no thanks, Ill keep the young guys we have on the roster, maybe bring back Hall or another CB cheap and draft a CB in the first 3 rounds of the draft.
Reply/Quote
I would think it unwise for the Bengals to allow Adam Jones to walk off to another team. I'm not saying break the freakin' bank, just make him a respectable serious offer, before free agency begins. I'm not sure what his actual worth should be, but I do know that due to his past transgressions, the team has been getting premium talent usage out of him, for a bargain price. So, it is kind of time to reward him for what he has done, and keep him for another 2 years. Dennard could be the real deal, if he can remain healthy, Kirkpatrick has sort of underachieved yet remains at least playable, Josh Shaw seems like he's going to develop well; it's time to let Leon ride off to the sunset, and use that cash on other players, like Adam Jones.

What is a fair market value for Adam Jones talent? I really have little clue, but off the top of my head, I'm thinking 2 years/12M with 6M of that being signing bonus.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
On most teams losing a guy like Jones would be a huge blow. Luckily I don't think we are one of those teams. Adam Jones is an amazing talent but we also have two first rounders and Leon Hall could be retained. Then look towards the draft and maybe add a CB somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

If we keep him I'm cool with it but if we don't it's not the end of the world.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never thought he'd be a super easy re-sign or anything because I know the rest of the NFL watched him play against Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins. Jones allowed a passer rating of 60.0 last year in his coverage. People notice these things.

REALLY need to re-sign him though because looking at the 2016 schedule, if you don't keep him that makes Kirkpatrick your #1 CB (insert raven calls, lightning strike, and impending doom music) going against Steve Smith x2, Antonio Brown x2, Josh Gordon x2, Sammy Watkins x1, Brandon Marshall x1, Dez Bryant x1, Demaryius Thomas x1 Odell Beckham Jr x1, DeSean Jackson x1, DeAndre Hopkins x1 in 2016.

He. Will. Be. Destroyed.

I never liked Jerkpatrick, but this post is pants-peeingly scary.
Reply/Quote
This free agency period likely shows us a big downside of your team's coordinators moving on to become head coaches. I will consider this an awful off-season if we end up not spending on Iloka, Jones, and Jones and instead end up signing Nelson, Sanu, and Hall because they are cheaper. No reason we shouldn't end up with 2 out of 3 or all 3 of Marvin Jones, George Iloka, and Adam Jones. However, we will just have to wait and see if Mike Brown is willing to step up and pay these guys what the market dictates or lose them all for nothing and replace them with cheaper alternatives.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Just going off my gut, but I think Adam is full of poop and is likely exaggerating interest in an effort to drive up his price and drum up interest.

There may be a couple teams calling, but I don't think "plenty" is likely to be accurate. He still has a ton of red flags and PR risk, not to mention he's 33.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who thought it was an easy resign? Love to see those posts.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 07:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: If we don't resign Hall or Jones, I hope we make a run at Sean Smith or Janoris Jenkins or this secondary could be under trouble...

I'd take Sean Smith. Had a pretty up and down year last year, but overall he's one of the most underrated CBs in the league.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never thought he'd be a super easy re-sign or anything because I know the rest of the NFL watched him play against Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins. Jones allowed a passer rating of 60.0 last year in his coverage. People notice these things.

He. Will. Be. Destroyed.

Yeah, cannot let Adam leave even with his age he has less wear and tear than Hall.

Pay the man and keep him a Bengal.
Reply/Quote