Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam "Pacman" Jones says he's bipolar
(04-13-2020, 10:14 AM)Housh Wrote: I called this years ago. I hope ppl don’t think I’m being an asshole because I’m dead serious about mental health. Adam Jones is likely bi polar, depressive type and has a personality disorder along with it.

Vontaze is likely developmentally disabled to some point and may be suffering from bi polar or an impulse disorder.

Antonio Brown is likely a sociopath with bipolar and a personality disorder

When you see guys making decisions that can’t be explained with normal logic then it’s a lot of the times mental health. The fame and attention exacerbates the mental illness in the same way drug use probably does for normal people.

NFL probably has psychiatrists but every player needs one assigned to him and need to be given the option to keep the same one even if they switch teams

Vontaze Burfict doesn't seem to have any issues in his personal life away from a football field... Those other two do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 06:35 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I agree. I have anxiety issues that at times are debilitating...

Same. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder, and I think it was brought on by dealing with a bi-polar father for many years.

Not to make this a therapy session. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 03:18 PM)jason Wrote: Whatever... He's just a shithead. Just like Matt Barnes and Steven Jackson.

What's wrong with Matt Barnes? I find him to be pretty likeable in interviews.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What's wrong with Matt Barnes? I find him to be pretty likeable in interviews.

Remember him and Derek Fisher brawling over some woman? A woman that didn't want him (Barnes) anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: Remember him and Derek Fisher brawling over some woman? A woman that didn't want him (Barnes) anymore.

Wasn't she cheating on him when that happened though?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wasn't she cheating on him when that happened though?

I just brushed up on the story... It said she was his estranged wife. So I guess in biblical terms, she was cheating.... Society tends to frown upon Barnes's reaction to that. He also drove 95 mph over to her house to get in this altercation. Sounds like he may have thought he owned her.

If I'm Derek Fisher, I'd have steered clear of her though... Plenty of fish ya know.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 04:11 PM)jason Wrote: I just brushed up on the story... It said she was his estranged wife. So I guess in biblical terms, she was cheating.... Society tends to frown upon Barnes's reaction to that. He also drove 95 mph over to her house to get in this altercation. Sounds like he may have thought he owned her.

If I'm Derek Fisher, I'd have tested clear of her though... Plenty of fish ya know.

Well, you know these basketball wives; on to the next, always.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 04:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well, you know these basketball wives; on to the next, always.

Need that bread dawg.
Reply/Quote
Oh, well. Plenty of people can be bi-polar and have a wide range of mental issues and not commit violent acts over and over. No sympathy for him. His career is now over. If that is indeed the case for him, get the help you need now and have a good life aside from on the football field.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 06:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Oh, well. Plenty of people can be bi-polar and have a wide range of mental issues and not commit violent acts over and over. No sympathy for him. His career is now over. If that is indeed the case for him, get the help you need now and have a good life aside from on the football field.

Plenty of people do not grow up in the projects surrounded by death and murder. His own father was killed in a robbery when Adam was 8 years old. Comparing his life to “most people” is pretty shortsighted.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of people do not grow up in the projects surrounded by death and murder. His own father was killed in a robbery when Adam was 8 years old. Comparing his life to “most people” is pretty shortsighted.

Never said "most people" so that's the first mistake. Millions in DC and Baltimore with me in between and plenty of murders and not everyone becomes a thug from experiencing that. NFL is full of these stories of where people come from hard upbringings yet reach a goal. Jones looks to blame someone else but himself. I've also seen that plenty of times, too. Sorry, but at 30 years old, no man gets an excuse for his actions. He should have had a better control of his actions. Not a 15 year old getting in fights at school. "But he had a hard life" doesn't bleed my heart. He has been an adult making poor adult decisions, over and over again. At some point, you can go from being in a bad situation or become a bad situation. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 09:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Never said "most people" so that's the first mistake. Millions in DC and Baltimore with me in between and plenty of murders and not everyone becomes a thug from experiencing that. NFL is full of these stories of where people come from hard upbringings yet reach a goal. Jones looks to blame someone else but himself. I've also seen that plenty of times, too. Sorry, but at 30 years old, no man gets an excuse for his actions. He should have had a better control of his actions. Not a 15 year old getting in fights at school. "But he had a hard life" doesn't bleed my heart. He has been an adult making poor adult decisions, over and over again. At some point, you can go from being in a bad situation or become a bad situation. 

And plenty do. And they’re not all dealing with mental illness to boot. But it’s fine. Sit on your high horse and judge the guy.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder, and I think it was brought on by dealing with a bi-polar father for many years.

WhoDey2 I feel for you, brother... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And plenty do. And they’re not all dealing with mental illness to boot. But it’s fine. Sit on your high horse and judge the guy.

Just like you judge me, assuming I'm on a high horse, because I say 30+ year olds are fully responsible for their actions, regardless of what happen when they were eight years old.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder, and I think it was brought on by dealing with a bi-polar father for many years.

Nobody would ever know it.  You're as straight up as they come.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 10:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Just like you judge me, assuming I'm on a high horse, because I say 30+ year olds are fully responsible for their actions, regardless of what happen when they were eight years old.

Ofc people are responsible for their own actions. But ignoring the circumstances of what may have led to some of those actions is problematic. And in Jone’s case there were several. The big ones being his upbringing, and now we’re finding out, also bipolar disorder. That’s not letting him off the hook, he did a lot of stupid shit over the years. But like I said earlier in the thread, it’s a miracle it wasn’t worse. He could have easily gone down a much darker path. Like Aaron Hernandez for example.

Reply/Quote

My Step-Dad passed in Feb 2001. That Summer, a friend and I were over at Mom's house helping her go through his stuff for a garage sale. I thought she was upstairs when I told him while we were smoking a bowl inside the garage/edge of driveway . . . "I always fought/argued with one parent all of the time. I remember three times in my life when I got along with both of my parents at the same time. Twice a friend stayed the night when I was a kid, the third we went out to dinner when I was 22"

"That was Curt's idea" I hear my Mom's voice behind me. "He wanted us to play good cop/bad cop with you and switch roles because you'd tell him things you wouldn't tell me and vice versa. He figured, in his bi-polar way, that that was the best way that we'd find out more of where you were or what you were up to."

"And this was OK with you?" I asked and I turned to my friend "Well, it looks like you learned along with me that my late Step-Dad was bi-polar and also why I have trust issues. Now, give me back my lighter."
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 04:11 PM)jason Wrote: I just brushed up on the story... It said she was his estranged wife. So I guess in biblical terms, she was cheating.... Society tends to frown upon Barnes's reaction to that. He also drove 95 mph over to her house to get in this altercation. Sounds like he may have thought he owned her.

If I'm Derek Fisher, I'd have steered clear of her though... Plenty of fish ya know.

Hard telling what was going on behind the scenes, as far as the estrangement. I do know that I'd be pretty ticked if my teammate/co-worker/friend was tagging my wife and chilling with my kids. 

Pretty normal response to kick his a__. At least where I come from.

(04-13-2020, 04:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well, you know these basketball wives; on to the next, always.

This is true. A lot of athletes in general fall in lust with obvious gold diggers. I don't get it. Dang ol' fighting over hoes, I tell you what.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard telling what was going on behind the scenes, as far as the estrangement. I do know that I'd be pretty ticked if my teammate/co-worker/friend was tagging my wife and chilling with my kids. 

Pretty normal response to kick his a__. At least where I come from.

This is true. A lot of athletes in general fall in lust with obvious gold diggers. I don't get it. Dang ol' fighting over hoes, I tell you what.

It's normal where I come from too... Except I don't play in the NBA, and would be charged with trespassing, battery, assault, disorderly conduct, menacing, and Lord knows what else. Derrek Fisher isn't without blame in my book either, but he's not cutting up on a podcast with Steven Jackson and Pacman Jones.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He's not Aaron Hernandez isn't exactly where the bar should be placed. He also isn't a person who was bipolar and was still a law abiding, upstanding citizen, like many others with mental disorders are. What MAY have led him to actions is good for a study, but means zero in terms of how I feel about the actions of 30+ year old man. He knew enough that he could take meds to help, but made a grown up choice that not doing so would make him play better instead of live better. He also had more money than most with mental issues due, to afford the best help he could get. His choice. This is not a "I just didn't know" situation. He knew what he was doing and still continued, over and over again.
Reply/Quote