Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam "Pacman" Jones says he's bipolar
(04-14-2020, 06:04 PM)Destro Wrote: He's not Aaron Hernandez isn't exactly where the bar should be placed. He also isn't a person who was bipolar and was still a law abiding, upstanding citizen, like many others with mental disorders are. What MAY have led him to actions is good for a study, but means zero in terms of how I feel about the actions of 30+ year old man. He knew enough that he could take meds to help, but made a grown up choice that not doing so would make him play better instead of live better. He also had more money than most with mental issues due, to afford the best help he could get. His choice. This is not a "I just didn't know" situation. He knew what he was doing and still continued, over and over again.

Figured the money would come up at some point...

But like I said, it’s all good. We’re not going to see eye to eye on this. The bipolar revelation explains a lot for some of us, for others he’s just a terrible person, and there’s no excuses worth hearing about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Figured the money would come up at some point...

But like I said, it’s all good. We’re not going to see eye to eye on this. The bipolar revelation explains a lot for some of us, for others he’s just a terrible person, and there’s no excuses worth hearing about.

Here's the thing though... He's probably doing alright money wise, but let's not forget he was (maybe still is) paying millions of dollars in damages to that strip club (scrip club according to Pacman) bouncer who was paralyzed from being shot by Jones or somebody with him. As I was typing that out I couldn't help but feel an incident like that goes beyond being bipolar...

I got derailed right there. My point was he's not as wealthy as some think.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:48 PM)jason Wrote: Here's the thing though... He's probably doing alright money wise, but let's not forget he was (maybe still is) paying millions of dollars in damages to that strip club (scrip club according to Pacman) bouncer who was paralyzed from being shot by Jones or somebody with him. As I was typing that out I couldn't help but feel an incident like that goes beyond being bipolar...

I got derailed right there. My point was he's not as wealthy as some think.

You're probably right.  An entourage ain't cheap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Figured the money would come up at some point...

Not like I'm saying people with money don't have any problems. Just believe someone making a million dollars a year may be able to see and pay for a doctor and be diagnosed and pay for treatment and medication than say someone who is also having mental issues and is a server at Applebee's. Hey, someone may not believe that. He did get a doctor to say he was bipolar and get him medication. He said it effected his playing ability so he didn't take it. Several run-ins with law enforcement and violent episodes and he never decided a decrease in play was worth taking his meds. He made that call. 

Being bipolar does not mean being violent. Being bipolar does not mean that is what caused him to do these things. You can be bad person and have a mental condition, just like you can be a good person and have a mental condition. Those hurt by his actions are no less effected by his actions because, oh by the way, he has a condition. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 09:49 PM)Destro Wrote: Not like I'm saying people with money don't have any problems. Just believe someone making a million dollars a year may be able to see and pay for a doctor and be diagnosed and pay for treatment and medication than say someone who is also having mental issues and is a server at Applebee's. Hey, someone may not believe that. He did get a doctor to say he was bipolar and get him medication. He said it effected his playing ability so he didn't take it. Several run-ins with law enforcement and violent episodes and he never decided a decrease in play was worth taking his meds. He made that call. 

Being bipolar does not mean being violent. Being bipolar does not mean that is what caused him to do these things. You can be bad person and have a mental condition, just like you can be a good person and have a mental condition. Those hurt by his actions are no less effected by his actions because, oh by the way, he has a condition. 

I’m glad you clarified, because all the money in the world can’t fix severe mental issues. Just look at all the celebrities that commit suicide (RIP Robin Williams). But yes, Jones should have taken the steps to get help a lot earlier. At least he’s doing it now.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 10:14 AM)Housh Wrote: I called this years ago. I hope ppl don’t think I’m being an asshole because I’m dead serious about mental health. Adam Jones is likely bi polar, depressive type and has a personality disorder along with it.

Vontaze is likely developmentally disabled to some point and may be suffering from bi polar or an impulse disorder.

Antonio Brown is likely a sociopath with bipolar and a personality disorder

When you see guys making decisions that can’t be explained with normal logic then it’s a lot of the times mental health. The fame and attention exacerbates the mental illness in the same way drug use probably does for normal people.

NFL probably has psychiatrists but every player needs one assigned to him and need to be given the option to keep the same one even if they switch teams

Vontaze has shown nothing to make anyone think he is developmentally disabled or bipolar. By all accounts, he was one of the smartest football players on the field. His home life, as far as I can tell, is perfectly normal. He grew up rough, just like Jones, but he has kept his life clean, is not out blowing money and getting drunk in bars or doing drugs. Unless something has changed, he spends his evenings at home with his girlfriend and his dog. He is/was a fierce football player, who had trouble playing within the new rules. If he had been a Steeler, he would be HOF bound.

Jones will always be one of my favorite players. He was one of the few who acted like he cared if they won or not, and was the one guy on the field who called out Jerry Porter for his shit during the playoff game. Again, if Jones was a Steeler and Porter a Bengals coach, those flags would have gone the other way.
Reply/Quote
Ya think? LOL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’ve long suspected his mental health issues are symptoms of CTE, but as of now their is no way to confirm that in a living patient.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 02:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’ve long suspected his mental health issues are symptoms of CTE, but as of now their is no way to confirm that in a living patient.

It's obviously possible but of everything mentioned this seems to be the least likely option. He has been a shit show both on and off the field since at least college. I would guess his behavior was also present during high school and probably grade school. 

Based on what's known I still don't agree with Bipolar Disorder. Regardless, from his reports, he has knew about mental illness for years yet didn't do anything to help himself. Thats on him. He decided he was going to risk playing football/make money versus getting treatment. All of his behaviors are on himself at that point, in my opinion, regardless of whether it was a result of an episode or not. He willingly chose not to get treatment. 

Jones on the field behaviors were NOT a result of Bipolar Disorder. That is not how Bipolar Disorder works or presents itself at all (when it is occurring every single sunday)
Reply/Quote