Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Rank on Bengals
I’ve noticed the Bengals getting more national media attention on NFL.com, thanks Joe!

Here is an interesting write up on us.

https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-franchise-bengals-trending-up-with-joe-burrow
Reply/Quote
I like Rank. Him and MJD are great.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 08:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’ve noticed the Bengals getting more national media attention on NFL.com, thanks Joe!

Here is an interesting write up on us.

https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-franchise-bengals-trending-up-with-joe-burrow

Look i agree picking Burrow was a logical PICK but im not a rah rah guy means he IS a winner, Mayfield and Burrow have alot of parallels.. and the jury is still out on Mayfield.. to actually put him above what Anderson did is just too much for me.. A silent leader is just as deadly as one that you see and hear... this quote is too much for me...  Sorry you can;t compare Burrow to Anderson.. the DUDE HAS DONE NOTHING YET...

But they've never had the dude. You know what I'm saying? A guy who exudes confidence and just has a demeanor that makes him different. It's hard to quantify, but some guys just have it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 10:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Look i agree picking Burrow was a logical PICK but im not a rah rah guy means he IS a winner, Mayfield and Burrow have alot of parallels.. and the jury is still out on Mayfield.. to actually put him above what Anderson did is just too much for me.. A silent leader is just as deadly as one that you see and hear... this quote is too much for me...  Sorry you can;t compare Burrow to Anderson.. the DUDE HAS DONE NOTHING YET...

But they've never had the dude. You know what I'm saying? A guy who exudes confidence and just has a demeanor that makes him different. It's hard to quantify, but some guys just have it. 

Totally agree, I think both Kenny and Boomer qualify as “the dude” at certain times in their careers. It’s a hype piece lol.

The real shocker was having Sample as the breakout star and comparing him to George Kittle lol
Reply/Quote
Pretty good. Actually seems to know the players, they’re history and depth chart. So many national writers/pundits make stupid comments that show they just don’t do any research.

One glaring omission happened during his breakdown of the secondary. He didn’t get the memo that the 3 guys brought in were for their tackling skills, not necessarily because they’re the best cover guys.
Reply/Quote
He's not far off.
Not sure that any Rookie has won the MVP before. But I feel Burrow will win the ROY and next year get the MVP. Seems to be the trend now a days.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 08:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like Rank. Him and MJD are great.

Yeah, no; I got into it with him on Twitter re: Burrow, before the draft and he kept backtracking and insisting he was right, etc. (that Burrow didn't want to and wasn't going to come here).

The only time ever in my life I've gone toe to toe with a name on social media and won Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 11:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pretty good. Actually seems to know the players, they’re history and depth chart. So many national writers/pundits make stupid comments that show they just don’t do any research.

One glaring omission happened during his breakdown of the secondary. He didn’t get the memo that the 3 guys brought in were for their tackling skills, not necessarily because they’re the best cover guys.

Agree, it's a decent article and he seems he took some time to look without just blurting out the usual narrative. I couldn't tell you how many articles I've read by outside guys that site players no longer on the team or mention guys that are out injured, it's nauseating. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:33 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's not far off.
Not sure that any Rookie has won the MVP before. But I feel Burrow will win the ROY and next year get the MVP. Seems to be the trend now a days.

I could be wrong, but I think he meant Team MVP, not League MVP.
Reply/Quote
Have to agree with a lot of what Rank says here. We are a team that will be on the rise (we are not going to be worse than last season). One thing that stood out to me in what he said, or I mean didn't say is that we added solid tacklers all across the board and that was our biggest weakness last season on Defense. This while adding Jonah, XSF and Adeniji to the O-line could really help out Mixon to become that stud All Pro RB that he should become.

Waynes might of got beat at times in the passing game but he makes the tackle. Kirkpatrick would get beat and miss the tackle.

Big difference. With Alexander I really hope we have an unwritten agreement that we are going to extend him. The Vikes fans were furious to lose him and we need more than a one year deal for a proven Slot stud Corner.

Burrow should have the weapons and the OL should be much better than last year. I am excited for damn sure.

Coaching in the end is what still concerns me, we will see how this improves or how much this season.

Taylor and Lou have their team.

It is no longer Marvin's team.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:33 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's not far off.

I know Wilt Chamberlain did it in the NBA. Bill Russell won MVP in his first full season after missing a big chunk of his rookie campaign to play in the 1956 Olympics. The recently passed Wes Unseld also did it in 1968-69.

I do not think it has ever been done in the NFL. At least for the NFL MVP. Close calls were: Marino won it his second year; Jim Brown was the AP MVP as a rookie in 1957; Earl Campbell the PFWA MVP in 1978; Lawrence Taylor won DPOY as a rookie.

There might be other rooks who won the AP, PFWA, or Sporting News MVP, but I cannot think of one now.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 10:35 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Totally agree, I think both Kenny and Boomer qualify as “the dude” at certain times in their careers. It’s a hype piece lol.

The real shocker was having Sample as the breakout star and comparing him to George Kittle lol

If Sample is anything close to George Kittle I would be so happy.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 09:14 PM)magikod Wrote: If Sample is anything close to George Kittle I would be so happy.

If you look at Kittles senior year stats, he wasn’t the beast he is today.

But no, Sample is not anywhere close.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 09:14 PM)magikod Wrote: If Sample is anything close to George Kittle I would be so happy.

Man, if he even became half that good I would be happy.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed reading this. Thought it was well done.

Comparing Carson Palmer to Magnum T.A is not something I'd ever thought of before.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t listened yet, but the newest Bengals Booth Podcast has Rank on as a guest. I’m assuming they’ll be talking about this article.

Listened:

Hoard called him on the Bengals never having a QB that was “The Dude” and got him to admit he was mistaken not to consider Boomer.

Interview with Sample afterwards, nothing too exciting. Did like to hear he’s been training with Hubbard this offseason.
Reply/Quote