Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams for Higgins?
(09-27-2023, 09:45 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: I looked it up, yes it is.

I know you’re just trolling at this point (as if the Tee is as good as Adams wasn’t enough of a giveaway), but I’ll bite:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

https://www.grammar.com/opinion-correct-spelling

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinion

https://word.tips/spelling/opinion-vs-oppinion/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 09:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know you’re just trolling at this point (as if the Tee is as good as Adams wasn’t enough of a giveaway), but I’ll bite:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

https://www.grammar.com/opinion-correct-spelling

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinion

https://word.tips/spelling/opinion-vs-oppinion/

I'm not trolling, I looked it up and thats the way they said to spell it, but then right beside it, it says that, that is a mispelling and to spell it opinion.  So my bad and I apologize. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, thank you.  That is still nearly $54M for 2 years, for a guy late in his career who might have a catastrophic injury at any moment, or a decline in physical ability due to wear and tear + age. I mean, the Raiders went all in on him, they should keep him.

You do realize a catastrophic injury can happen any play for any player…. Right?

Also, not seeing 54m over two years… I’m seeing closer to 40m against the cap or 47 in cash. (That’s for a full season, not prorated).

Anyway, this thread is silly because it isn’t happening. But it would make the bengals a better team IMO.
Reply/Quote
I think Adams might better fit how we're currently trying to run the offense with Burrow. If there were no future plans with Tee then it'd make sense to try to get a win for both sides. Tee needs burrow scrambling out of the pocket so he can get in better 1v1 jump ball situations and that just isn't in the picture in the near future with the nature of Joe's calf. Plus with Tee not being in a contract year you have to wonder how willing he is to work the seams and the middle of the field. Adams has shown he will do it consistently and he's damn good at it. I also think Joey & Zac could do a good job to keep him healthy as well with their throws and play calling.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You do realize a catastrophic injury can happen any play for any player…. Right?

Also, not seeing 54m over two years… I’m seeing closer to 40m against the cap or 47 in cash.  (That’s for a full season, not prorated).

Anyway, this thread is silly because it isn’t happening.  But it would make the bengals a better team IMO.

Look at the yearly cash for '24 and '25, they add up to $53.75M.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 07:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look at the yearly cash for '24 and '25, they add up to $53.75M.

If we made the trade this year, it would be for this year and next year. Essentially an extra year over tee walking after this year.

23 & 24.

See the second post on this topic.

Interesting for sure. Adam’s has manageable cap hits this year and next 14.7m and 25m, before ballooning up to 44.

This would be hard to pull off midsession without having some regression, however later in the season to next year, the bar would certainly be raised.

If they are not going to re-sign tee, this makes sense, but it’s still almost exclusively for this year and next.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 07:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If we made the trade this year, it would be for this year and next year.  Essentially an extra year over tee walking after this year.

23 & 24.

Interesting for sure. Adam’s has manageable cap hits this year and next 14.7m and 25m, before ballooning up to 44.

This would be hard to pull off midsession without having some regression, however later in the season to next year, the bar would certainly be raised.

If they are not going to re-sign tee, this makes sense, but it’s still almost exclusively for this year and next.

Ok, but they would still be paying $15M+ in dead cap for a guy to not play with the team.  That's bad cap management, something that this team is fundamentally against.  Paying $40M for a season and a half rental is just not smart use of the money, money that could go toward preventing a huge potential hole at NT as Reader is in the final year of his deal.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 07:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If we made the trade this year, it would be for this year and next year.  Essentially an extra year over tee walking after this year.

23 & 24.

Because the Bengals are not responsible for the signing bonus his cap hits would be less actually. For the Bengals the cap hits will be his yearly salary so 6m(ish 3games in) in 2023 and 17m(ish) in 2024. It would essentially be a 2 year deal for rhe Bengals because they can cut him for no dead cap in 2025 when his cap hits balloon to 35m+ and he will be 33.

For the OP: It's not really a crazy trade but I don't think the Raiders would want 1 for 1 since it's Tee's last year and they will have to tag and pay him. Tee and a 6th might be a 5th conditional or soemthing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:15 AM)Synric Wrote: Because the Bengals are not responsible for the signing bonus his cap hits would be less actually. For the Bengals the cap hits will be his yearly salary so 6m(ish 3games in) in 2023 and 17m(ish) in 2024. It would essentially be a 2 year deal for rhe Bengals because they can cut him for no dead cap in 2025 when his cap hits balloon to 35m+ and he will be 33.

For the OP: It's not really a crazy trade but I don't think the Raiders would want 1 for 1 since it's Tee's last year and they will have to tag and pay him. Tee and a 6th might be a 5th conditional or soemthing.

Thanks for sharing those details, I was completely unaware that the Raiders would be stuck with that much of the money.  With that information in mind, I would absolutely be on board with Davonte Adams coming to the Bengals.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:52 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: Well thats your oppinion and your welcome to it but I don't agree with it. Adams is not that much better than Higgins. Sorry

Cool, Davante Adams is arguably the 2nd best WR in the NFL behind Justin Jefferson right now.

I would say that is much better than Tee Higgins who might be top 10 on his best day so far.

(09-27-2023, 04:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: bro, it’s not close.  Davante is in the discussion for best in the game.

Since 2021 (just over two full seasons) davante Adam’s is 2nd in receiving yards (3,361), 3rd in catches (248) and 1st in TDs (28)

Higgins has 2,230/158/15

I like Higgins, a lot… but let’s not kid ourselves here into thinking he is in the same tier has D Adams.

Truth, thanks for the numbers to back my opinion up Bengalbug lol

(09-27-2023, 04:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: LARGE, LOL.

I don’t want to diss any bengals, but it would be like saying AJ green was better than Megatron.

Yep. ThumbsUp

(09-27-2023, 09:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just chiming in on Tee even being in the same category as Adams. He’s not.

I don’t think we need Adams though. I just want to see them use Chase like other teams use their elite guys (Monday was a good start). He should never have less than double digit targets, imo.

Completely agree with everything you say here as usual Nicomo, nice post.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, Davante Adams is arguably the 2nd best WR in the NFL behind Justin Jefferson right now.

I would say that is much better than Tee Higgins who might be top 10 on his best day so far.

Truth, thanks for the numbers to back my opinion up Bengalbug lol

Yep. ThumbsUp

Completely agree with everything you say here as usual Nicomo, nice post.

No worries. Tee would have a really tough time even being top 10.

This year better for sure:

Jefferson
Chase
Adam’s
Kupp
Aj brown
St brown
Keenan Allen
Diggs

Long term arguable better:
Lamb
Waddle
Olave

Higgins is top 12-20 for 2023, and top 12 LONG term.

Adam’s is top five for 2023, and he will start to regress soon. However, if we are not set on re-signing Higgins after this year, Adam’s for this year and next would 1,000,000% be better than Higgins for 2023 and then walk. In fact, like I’ve said, the bengals would actuallly be better.

All of this said, I’d prefer a long term with Tee, but it is seemingly not going in that direction.

Just my opinion, with a lot of facts to back it up.
Reply/Quote
I tried to dig up a reason to care about this one but i couldn’t.

RESPECTFULLY Adams is a better player than Tee Higgins. Why would LAV do that trade?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adams is better than Higgins by a large margin, sorry.

This will be unpopular on this board, but Adams is better than any WR we have on the team.

Guy is second to only Jefferson in WR talent in the league. He's being held back by a bad team, with a bad line and losing his QB.

His numbers last year with Carr would best anyone we have.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 04:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This will be unpopular on this board, but Adams is better than any WR we have on the team.

Guy is second to only Jefferson in WR talent in the league. He's being held back by a bad team, with a bad line and losing his QB.

Ofc he’s currently better. He’s 30 years old and a seasoned veteran right at the end of his prime. Our best WR is only 23 and hasn’t even entered his yet.

I’d also personally put Tyreek ahead of Adams right now. Him and JJ are probably WR1 & 2 atm.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 10:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No worries. Tee would have a really tough time even being top 10.

This year better for sure:

Jefferson
Chase
Adam’s
Kupp
Aj brown
St brown
Keenan Allen
Diggs

Long term arguable better:
Lamb
Waddle
Olave

Higgins is top 12-20 for 2023, and top 12 LONG term.

Adam’s is top five for 2023, and he will start to regress soon.  However, if we are not set on re-signing Higgins after this year, Adam’s for this year and next would 1,000,000% be better than Higgins for 2023 and then walk.  In fact, like I’ve said, the bengals would actuallly be better.

All of this said, I’d prefer a long term with Tee, but it is seemingly not going in that direction.  

Just my opinion, with a lot of facts to back it up.

Agree and you even forgot about Tyreek Hill....

(09-29-2023, 04:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This will be unpopular on this board, but Adams is better than any WR we have on the team.

Currently, yes he is...

I would take Chase over Adams though for the long term no question...

(09-29-2023, 07:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc he’s currently better. He’s 30 years old and a seasoned veteran right at the end of his prime. Our best WR is only 23 and hasn’t even entered his yet.

I’d also personally put Tyreek ahead of Adams right now. Him and JJ are probably WR1 & 2 atm.

Yes sir Nicomo, yes sir. Rock On
Reply/Quote
No ; I wouldn't do it because of Adam's age. I'm not giving up a 24 year old for a 31 year old.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 02:18 AM)Housh Wrote: I tried to dig up a reason to care about this one but i couldn’t.

RESPECTFULLY Adams is a better player than Tee Higgins. Why would LAV do that trade?

Tee is 6 years younger than Adams.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 08:21 PM)J24 Wrote: No ; I wouldn't do it because of Adam's age. I'm not giving up a 24 year old for a 31 year old.

(09-29-2023, 08:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Tee is 6 years younger than Adams.

Definitely a rational thought on not to do this...
Reply/Quote